• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 7,412 Views, 447 Comments

"My little Dashie" Sequel - Roker999



After Dashie's disappearance, her dad ("daddy") desperately tries to find a way to get her back. He tries everything, but nothing seems to work. After months of research, he finds a solution. Or rather, the solution finds him. He reali

  • ...
33
 447
 7,412

Chapter 5

I slowly lifted my head up out from under my blankets, hoping that everypony had already left. I was wrong. The princess never left the room, and it sure didn't look like she was going to leave anytime soon. She seemed to be deep in thought, because she didn't even notice my sudden movements I made under my blankets. I usually tend to make a lot of noise, doesn't matter WHERE I actually am....or what UNIVERSE I'm in... She looked so peaceful, that I didn't dare disturb her.

She was just staring out the window, her hair synchronized with the nighttime breeze. I think she was talking to herself, but who knows? Maybe it's just me. Maybe i'm hearing things... I shut my eyes. It seemed that the tighter I pressed my eyelids together, the more I forgot about my pain, my suffering... About dad...

I'm always trying to forget everything I've done to upset everyone, I mean everypony... Getting used to this world is harder than I thought it would be.. Maybe Twilight's memory spell will finally work, and my old memories will be replaced. Honestly, I think I deserve it, but Daddy doesn't. He raised me since I was a filly. He loved me more than anything in the entire world, No, the entire universe! And he probably still does... I love him too... I will always love him... I regret acting so brutal to him, after everything he did for me.

I started shaking all over. The room got colder.

"What's the matter, Rainbow Dash?" Muttered the Princess under her breath.

I hadn't noticed that she was staring at me from across the room. She obviously knew what I was thinking about. She probably went through everything herself. I mean, it must have been hard for her to lock up Luna, her dear, beloved sister for a thousand years...

Luna? Who's that? These foreign memories in my head are getting stronger and stronger. I feel like I can't hold up this fight any more. One day my real memories will fade away into the darkness... I can't help thinking about it, about everything that has happened to me...About everything that WILL happen to me...
-------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, nothing..." Said I while quickly rubbing my hooves together, trying to get warm. "It's just tha-"

The princess interrupted me: "I know, dear." I know what you are going through...". With these words, she turned her neck around to face the dark sky. "There are so many stars out there..." she said with a shaky voice. I could see the reflection of the moon in her eyes... I guess I was right, I do know what she went through...What she is going through...

"You and your Father remind me of my little sister, Luna. She always loved me, but i was so stubborn back then. I did not care about her point of view, I did not seem to see the truth. The real truth. Being young and full of pride, I couldn't properly analyze the situation at hand... being her big elder sister and all...So I ended up banishing her for a thousand years." I could see the tears building up in her eyes. Her eyes still seemed to be glued to the sky... The stars... I could see the stars in her eyes.


I ,with very little effort, threw the heavy blankets off my trembling body, and slowly got up out of bed. I just sat there, on the side of the bed, looking down at the floor. I found it hard to overcome the feeling of pride in my heart, but i couldn't help feeling little bit compassionate for the princess...

----------------------------

The Princess slowly trotted over to my bedside and nudged the side of my face with her nose, causing me to lift my head up and look deeply into her eyes. "I do suppose you still want to know about earth?" she said quietly. Her gaze pierced deep into my soul...That look on her face...I think I've seen it before...Somewhere...

"Y-y-yes ma'am." I said, still trembling. I then reverted my eyes back to the hard, stone floor and started gently tapping my lower hooves together, creating a faint "clip clop" sound. I really couldn't think of anything else to do.

The princess slowly backed away from my bed and made her way towards a colorful carpet in the middle of the room. She then sat down, neatly folding her legs up against her body.

"You see..." she began, "Earth is a place where we USED to banish criminal ponies. Ponies who had committed crimes such as treason, theft, and so on...I tried so hard to keep my kingdom in order, Maybe even TOO hard! Always trying to keep everything right...I was selfish, and the only thing I ever cared about back then was justice. That's why I decided to send criminals through an ancient portal to another world, hopelessly trying to keep ours clean. This portal had been in the castle dungeons for many centuries.

She stopped talking and looked at me. I knew that it would hard for her to tell me this.

She continued: "The world...? We barely knew anything about It, except that it was almost uninhabited by any sort of animals back then. It seemed to be quite fair, but little did I know, that when the criminals were transferred to earth, their bodies changed. A lot. You see, this portal isn't any ordinary portal. It had been created, or constructed, by a wizard, many thousands of years go... We do not know the name of the wizard, or anything about him, but he must have had amazing skills to create a cosmic gate with such immense power... to be able to teleport anything to another world.. Another dimension... The only thing I know about this....this powerful magic, is that it is related to the clouds, to the weather in general. We still know very little about it...But...we do at least know that the process of transferring a living organism to another world through this portal has some very....How do I say this.... Interesting consequences..".

The princess paused for a moment. The look on her face shocked me! It looked as if she just remembered something. Something very Important... She started nervously shifting her eyes round the room. It seemed like she was trying to hide something from me. Perhaps some sort of secret.. She looked at me, then she looked out of the window. "I...I think i really should get going. Lots of royal duties to tend to!" She then started vigorously flapping her wings as she bolted towards the window.

"WAIT!!!" I yelled. It was too late. She was gone. I got up off the bed and galloped up to the window. Gone! I can't believe she left me! "What about the portals...?!" I yelled hopelessly. I doubt she heard me...

Oh what's the point...? If the princess thinks I'm better off not knowing her "little dirty secret", it's okay. I mean, what can I do? Nothing. I can't do anything about it, and I should deal with it. But what bout Dad? Is there a chance I will ever see him again?


Daddy.........