• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 7,417 Views, 447 Comments

"My little Dashie" Sequel - Roker999



After Dashie's disappearance, her dad ("daddy") desperately tries to find a way to get her back. He tries everything, but nothing seems to work. After months of research, he finds a solution. Or rather, the solution finds him. He reali

  • ...
33
 447
 7,417

The passing (Chapter 19)

Twilight Sparkle looked very confused. It looked like she didn't have a solution after all... I don't think she had anything to do with my appearance in Ponyville. Perhaps it was just a freak of nature...? Wrong. There are no accidents. The pegasus on Earth made me think so. I must be here for a reason, and that reason is Dashie. How many days, no, weeks have gone by? I still haven't seen my daughter. I hate to think about it, but I can't help remembering Earth. Fifteen days, fifteen years. Fifteen years have gone by. There's no going back now. No ties are left with My universe. All the bridges have been destroyed, ceased to exist. It makes me sad, thinking about my old house. I don't care what's happened to it since, but that house holds many memories of Dashie and me - the happiest years of my life.

Fifteen years is a long time. I can't go back... I don't want to go back... In fact, I was longing for a miracle to happen. I didn't want to rot in my old house, doing nothing but remembering the "good old days". Memories are memories, and nothing can change that. No how hard you try, you can't make memories a reality. Reality - the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined. I was curious whether those many years with my daughter were a reality. They were. That makes me happy... Some of you might say that all this, that Equestria is just a fragment of my imagination. Even if it is, who cares? I'm happy. Happiness is all that matters. Joy... So it goes.

So many questions, so little time. Why was spike on Earth, keeping track of my actions? If Twilight didn't send him, then who did...? I didn't feel like asking Twilight any questions. Her hooves seemed to be overflowing with many things, seemingly more important than my curiosity. She did look very jittery, very nervous. Fluttershy seemed to have disappeared to a dark corner of the library, never to be seen again (that's what I thought, quite silly). Spike was still struggling with the door, trying to close it this time

"Ugh, Twilight, what's with these doors of yours? I'm too short to reach the darned handle!" He grumbled.

Twilight lowered her notebook, and glanced over the rim of her glasses, just in time to see Spike furiously hopping up and down, helplessly trying to reach the doorknob (Twilight yelled at him for using her Encyclopedia as a stepping stool, so he didn't dare do it again).

"Maybe I can cut a hole in the door, so you can go in and out as you please!" She chuckled.

Spike rolled his eyes, and quickly pattered up the wooden stairs to his bedroom.

Twilight seemed to have noticed Fluttershy's absence (finally), and started twisting her head 'round and 'round, trying to locate the shy, mellow mare (no, I didn't want to say "yellow").

"Where's Fluttershy?" She asked.

I heard a faint mumble from Twilight's bedroom: Just Spike going to bed (I think he tried to answer Twilight's question, but already was half asleep).

"Probably hiding somewhere." I answered.

Just then, a frail squeak came from the darkest corner of the room (It sounded like an old, rusty door repeatedly opening and closing). I suddenly felt sorry for Fluttershy. She's always scared...Always afraid something will happen to her, or her friends. I mean, she can't even go outside when it's dark!

I reverted my attention back to Twilight. She had some sort of twisted, confused expression on her face. It looked like she was still trying to figure out what to do with Fluttershy...How to get her home, to her animal-friends (she's the only one who takes care of them).

"Dash, if it's not much to ask, would you mind escorting Fluttershy back to her house...?" She said, while rubbing her chin with her hoof.

What's gotten into her? Doesn't she realize I'm the reason Fluttershy is hiding?

"T-that's okay...I-I'll...Go home by m-myself!" Squealed Fluttershy.

She pranced across the room, towards the front door, gasping for air (she wasn't moving too fast, though).

"Fluttershy!" Yelled Twilight, while shutting with her magic. "Please! Let him escort you to your house! Besides, you can show him where everypony lives."

Fluttershy stopped right next to the front door, then lowered her head to the ground. Her cheeks turned a tinge of bright red (It almost looked like she was blushing). she looked so embarrassed! Her sorry appearance almost made me want to hug her.

"Okay...I guess...um...that sounds...great..." She whispered, with her head still near the ground.

Twilight crossed her hooves, and slowly nodded her head.

"Well..." Said Twilight. "I'm going to bed. You two can head out anytime. Good night!" She yawned, then slowly made her way up the stairs to her bedroom.

Good night indeed...?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, Fluttershy! Let's go?" I said, sounding a bit adventurous.

I caught a glimpse of Fluttershy's twinkling eyes from under her long, bright pink hair.

"B-but it's...s-so...dark..." She whimpered.

"There's nothing to be afraid of! Come on, that's why I'm here to escort you." I said with a gentle smile spread across my face.

I couldn't believe I was actually facing the real Fluttershy, not some phony cartoon character! I could barely hold in my Brony excitement! I had to... because I realized I looked a bit creepy, smiling away so late in the night (not to mention, with Fluttershy next to me). I tried my best to stay calm, but Fluttershy always seemed to get scared of something: whether it was a bush or a tree, or perhaps a rock. Every few minutes she would let out a loud squeak, and hide behind me (from what, I don't know).

By the looks of it, we were getting closer to Fluttershy's house. I haven't watched the show for...what, fifteen years...? But I still recognized some of the "famous" landmarks (Sugarcube corner, the bridge, etc). So I knew we were getting close. Fluttershy wasn't much of a people's person (or in this case, a pony's person). When I tried to strike up a conversation with her, she would just mutter something and look away. I guess that's why she's called Fluttershy - she's timid. So it goes.

We were passing a green field with a few oaks growing in the center (and around the vicinity). Aside from all the tents, there was a two (or three, if you count the tower-looking thing on the top) storied house. It had a few pillars here and there, two horse-looking shapes were on either side of the house...

I wondered where I've seen it before. Wondering...Wondering...Nothing. Nothing came to mind, I just couldn't remember. There wasn't any use asking Fluttershy... I thought she'd just look away and blush...again.

Fluttershy noticed my seeming curiosity , and said (in a hushed voice, of course):

"That's...Rarity's house...It's nice, isn't it...? I like her...style"

I glanced at Fluttershy, who was grinning (she seemed to have cheered up for some reason), and then at Rarity's house. All the lights in the house were shining brightly, and I could make out a chaotic cacophony of voices, talking all at once. Exactly what I expected.

"Should we drop by for a visit? I haven't seen Rarity yet (which was true, I guess)" I asked.

Fluttershy did a little cutesie nod, and grinned again. The indistinct voices grew louder and louder as we approached Rarity's house. Soon, we were near enough to Understand what the residents were saying:

"But I didn't put it anywhere, Sis!" Yelled a high-pitched voice, much like Applebloom's (but without the southern accent).

"Well, I declare! Sweetie Belle! Go up to your room right this instant! I don't want to tell Mother!" Gasped another voice, that sounded much like an English Duchess from the middle of 18th century... Rarity, I presume. The other voice belonged Sweetie Belle, her sister (and not to mention, one of the three Cutie mark crusaders).

I took a deep breath, and slowly approached the purple door (It had two diamond-shaped windows, one near the top, one near the bottom).