• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 7,417 Views, 447 Comments

"My little Dashie" Sequel - Roker999



After Dashie's disappearance, her dad ("daddy") desperately tries to find a way to get her back. He tries everything, but nothing seems to work. After months of research, he finds a solution. Or rather, the solution finds him. He reali

  • ...
33
 447
 7,417

Chapter 5

***NOTICE: This is from the dad's POV


*Thump* "OW!". I can't believe it! I've hit my head on the bed stand again! This is the 5th time this week! Maybe I should get that thing removed? It's always getting in my way! Haha!! I can't believe I'm thinking about that kind of crap! I mean, today is the day something big is supposed to happen, and I'm thinking about my bed stand...? I just cant keep myself concentrated on anything but this type of worthless junk.

A mixed feeling of excitement and despair came over me when I got out of bed and put my slippers on. What if something amazing happens today? On the other hand, there's a chance that nothing will happen at all. False hope. Something I am so familiar with. After all these long years of hoping the princess and Dashie's "friends" wouldn't take my daughter away... I stopped listening to my heart a long time ago. Nothing can save you from the truth. Lying doesn't help, it doesn't work. Period. My heart always leads me in the wrong direction... Hope. Hope is the only thing that I have left. Hope is the only thing that still keeps Dashie engraved in my memories, my soul...

I had another nightmare last night, not worth mentioning. The solar eclipse is supposed to...happen...today.... Maybe it's somehow related to my nightmare..? I doubt it. Stuff like that doesn't just HAPPEN ...Then again, I did raise a living being from "another dimension" for 15 years. Plus, saw a real Pegasus (maybe I'm crazy. Hah! Or maybe I'm the only sane person left in the entire universe...). In General, a lot of crazy stuff has been happening to me lately, nothing of which I can, or ever will be able to explain.

I slammed my bedroom door shut and slowly walked towards my bathroom (Yes, I do wacko stuff like that!). I shivered when my "just-out-of-bed" hand touched the cold doorknob. Hey, laugh all you want! Why don't you try touching a half frozen doorknob in the middle of march (or rather the end of march). I keep my hallway window open at night, don't even know why

I dragged my stiff body into the bathroom. Should I brush my teeth? Nah...I haven't been brushing my teeth AT ALL lately, since Dashie left. I mean, every night she would sneak up into my room (when I'd just manage to fall asleep) and push me off my bed! She would laugh so hard...Good times... The reason? To get me to brush my teeth! I don't know why she was so obsessed with me keeping my teeth clean... I guess that's how she was. I noticed that her teeth always sparkled in the early morning sunlight. I never thought that characters from cartoons brush their teeth! Who knows? Maybe she still does! But Dashie was more than a "cartoon character" to me. She was...oh screw it! She still is my daughter, and always will be!

Why did I even go to the bathroom? I always ask myself that question. Every day. Why? I guess it was old habit of mine. Brushing my teeth in the morning. I didn't want to find out what kind of prank Dashie would pull on me if I didn't brush my teeth before going to work! That prankster!

I backed out of the bathroom, still thinking about the "good old days". I solemnly strolled down the hallway, right up to the hallway window, right in front of the stairs. I remember how Dashie tried to fly out of that window for the first time! She went to the other end of the hallway, and with a fierce growl, started galloping towards it at full speed! Then she started flapping her wings faster and faster, much like a hummingbird. When she reached the end of the hallway she leaped up into the air, but somehow managed to ram herself into the ceiling! I guess it takes much practice to master something like that. Since I've never flown, and probably never will, I have no idea how hard it is, or how long it takes to master.

If anyone looked at me, just standing there, they would probably think I was some sort of psycho. A man, half naked, in MLP slippers, just standing in the middle of a hallway, looking out of the window. I wouldn't blame them. In fact, I think I would agree with them. After all, I'm living in a world of memories. Nothing but memories. I have no future here, in this world, that's why I'm trying to do something about it!

I slowly turned my head around and looked down the stairs. The very same stairs that my little Dashie used to play on when she was young! That was such a long time ago. I noticed something strange, something out of the ordinary in my living room. Some sort of shape...? I wiped my eyes. Still blurry. I wiped my eyes again, then I saw it. A Pegasus!! Or rather, THE Pegasus! Right there! Right in the middle of my living room! I wiped my eyes and started vigorously blinking, hoping that I was just seeing things. I wasn't. He was really there! That very same Pegasus that I "met" many weeks ago. The very same Pegasus that mumbled those strange words as he galloped away into the dark, foggy forest.

He slowly turned his head to face mine. By the look in his eyes, he probably understood how startled I was. He was right. I was damn terrified! I pressed my body against the wall and started shaking all over, mostly due to embarrassment (you see, I was still only in my underwear.)

"W-w-w-wh-what-t a-are y-y-you d-d-doing h-here?!" I blurted out.