• Published 1st May 2013
  • 465 Views, 0 Comments

Father, Daughter, and soon to be Step-Mother - Princess Tess



King Krysalis has his daugher, Chrysalis come to meet his new girlfriend and future Queen, Princess Tess.

  • ...
8
 0
 465

Everything unravels.

Chrysalis was reluctant to leave her kingdom. Her father had summoned her to his kingdom to meet his girlfriend. Not like she cared about her. It was probably just one of the changelings that he had picked up. And if that wasn't she was not going to be happy. She laughed to herself kinda like a crazy. She knew her father was always picking up changelings, both mares and stallions. This was probably just another "special" one just like her mother. And then that one would get pregnant with her step-sister.

Ohh what a joyous thought.

Not.

Besides, where would her father find a pony to love him for being a changeling? Everyone else in the whole of Equestria hated them.

She was resenting leaving her kingdom big time now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Soon Chrysalis entered her father’s kingdom. Once she got there everyone bowed to her as usual. She entered the King of all Changelings castle with loads of resentment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Once she came into the throne room, she saw her father. Of course he wasn't alone. Who he was with took Chrysalis by surprise. And she became full of anger. It was an actual pony. Not a Changeling.

She could tell if it was one.

And it wasn't one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who the hell is that?" Chrysalis began, her voice full of anger.

"I told you she wouldn't like me." The white mare pony said to the king.

King Krysalis looked at both of them cautiously before he began. "Chrysalis, this is Princess Tess. She has come to live with me from her homeland if Calligorp, which is similar to Equestria." He then paused to wait for a reaction from his daughter before he explained more.

"Why has she left her homeland to live with you?" Chrysalis asked angrily.

"We fell in love." Her father replied simply.

Chrysalis couldn't believe any of what she was hearing. Why would a good and decent pony, who is also a princess, leave her land to be with a Changeling? Right now she couldn't think of any answers and right now she didn't feel like getting them. She was too angry to ask anything or to think. She had to be by herself for a while before she could comprehend what was going on. Chrysalis stormed out of the throne room leaving her father and his girlfriend there, staring at her leave.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I told you she wouldn't take this well. Or like me." Tess said, hanging her lead low. Krysalis hated seeing her upset and sad. He loved her so much. He put his hoof underneath her chin and lifted her head up so he could see his face and he could see her’s. He could see her beautiful blue eyes starting to tear up. He kissed her on the cheek.

"She just needs time. This is obviously a lot to take in. Especially since all other ponies hate changelings, she didn't expect an actual pony. Over time she will accept you. Trust me." Krysalis told her. He saw a tear leave her eye and fall down her cheek. He took his hoof and wiped it away.

"You are right. But what do I do in the meantime while I wait for her to do that?" Tess said.

She had always had a hard time getting people to like her for who she is. Yes, true she is a princess, but she is only known because of her parents. They were the kings and queen of the kingdom, anyhow. She was just the little princess of the kingdom who everyone adored. But she didn’t have freedom like Princess Celestia or Luna had. She was forced to stay in the castle and only leave when she was called upon to. And one of those times have been to attend the “land leaders meeting” in place of her parents so she could “get a feel of what power is like”. So she went reluctantly, not knowing that she would find both her freedom and the love of her life. She and Krysalis fell in love after he had come to visit her a couple of times and after a couple of times she snuck out to see him. And she soon told her over-protective parents that she was leaving their kingdom to go live with Krysalis. They had tried to hold her back, but nothing worked. She left, even if her parents would never let her come back and without looking back.

Krysalis kissed her on the lips for a long time. When they finished, he said “I am here for you. No matter what. You can distract yourself with me while she tries to comprehend this. Does that satisfy you?”

Tess smiled, and that made him happy to see her smile again. “Yes, that does sound good for now.”

Krysalis smiled and kissed her again, this time for longer than the first. He did love her, and he knew she loved him back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Crysalis stormed out of the throne room, she went to her old room, which was once her mother’s room and was where she always stayed whenever she came to visit her father. There didn’t seem to be many changelings around, which was odd. Even if there was a pony here, if their leader loved her, so would they. The changelings followed their leader through anything.She didn’t know where they could be, but she assumed that her father had ordered them to leave them in peace in case anything went wrong. He was actually thinking for once.

She finally made it to her room, and there was only one changeling standing there. That changeling opened the door for her and she entered her room. To her great relief, the room was still her’s and it hadn’t gone to Princess Tess. She walked over to her bed and flopped onto it, shoving her face into a pillow.

She felt hot tears fall from her eyes and down her face. She didn’t know what to think or do. She could go back home, but them she would have to deal with her worried changelings. And that would only add on stress to her life. She sobbed quietly, so that the changeling by the door didn’t hear her and get worried about her.

--------------------------------------------------Later that night----------------------------------------------------

It had been about 12 hours and Crysalis still hadn’t come out of her room. Her father was starting to get worried. He did want to go and check on her but he also wanted to comfort his queen. Of course, Tess wasn’t a queen yet. But she was good enough to be one, and Krysalis had all his changelings call her that.

Tess was laying down in the sitting room on one of the long couches that were there. She had her head between her hooves. She wasn’t sleeping, yet anyways. She was thinking and she couldn’t fall asleep. She really wanted this to work out.

All her life she had never been treated like a pony should be. And the only time she was treated like a normal pony was when other ponies hated her and called her many bad things.

And she had finally found a pony, even if he was a changeling, who loved her for her. And not because of her parents made him. In fact, he had hated going to that meeting, and he hated her parents. Of course, he hated everypony, but he didn’t like her parents a little more since they were too perfect and snotty. And he couldn’t believe that she was their daughter. She was nothing like them, which was a good thing for him.

Tess felt warm tears fall slightly down her face. She had a bad feeling about everything she had done. Leaving her parents, coming here and expecting everyone to hate her. But they loved her, most likely because their king loves her. But she wasn’t happy with herself. She didn’t know why, but nothing like this had ever come to her until now. Crysalis brought back her memories and why she would be upset. Although she couldn’t explain exactly, she knew what was wrong.

She hated herself for her life. No one in her kingdom had ever appreciated her the way Krysalis did. And then his changelings followed him and loved her. She had felt happy and content. But in the back of her head were the things she did not want to remember. Like everyone in Calligorp hating her, her leaving her parents. True, she hated them and they were stuck up snobs and wanted everyone to be perfect, but she felt bad that she just left without any warning.

She wanted those feelings to be put away and to not be brought back. And she had gotten away with it, up until now. Chrysalis had brought those back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krysalis was pacing back and forth in the hallway between the sitting room and Chrysalis’ bedroom. He didn’t know what to do. He could tell something was wrong with both of them, and he wanted to comfort both of them. But he didn’t know who to comfort first.

His head was full of wonders, questions, and confusion. He was the one who told Chrysalis to come here. But he knew it was a good idea to. It was about time she found out. After all, he and Tess have been seeing each other for over a year, and she had been living with him for just slightly less than that. She should know about this, and how serious it was.

Chrysalis has always been a touchy daughter. She could become angry within a couple of seconds. And she could become very excluded from everyone else if she wanted to be very fast, as well.

And right now she was having one of those excluded times.

Krysalis walked over to a wall in the hallway and hit his head against it. He couldn’t think anymore.

And that was when he realised that inside of the sitting room, his queen was crying.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tess wept as silently as she could, but she wasn’t the greatest at it. She had heard a muffled bang against the wall on the outside of the hallway, but she had no idea what it was. Her head had shot up right away, but she then put it back down between her hooves and continued to weep. The hot tears slid smoothly down her face and onto the plush couch she was lying on. And her somewhat muffled crying was done down into the couch, which seemed to project her cries even more.

No one else was in the room, basically because she told them to leave her alone.

Krysalis had left about an hour ago, not really saying where he was going or what he was doing. He might have gone to soothe his daughter, he might have just gone for a walk to clear his mind. Tess didn’t know.

She tried to wipe the tears away from her face, but that only caused her to cry some more.

Suddenly, the door of the sitting room opened with the glow of green magic, which Tess knew to be Krysalis. Since Tess hated crying in front of other people, she buried her face behind her hooves and into the couch. She knew that trying to act normal wasn’t going to work well, because she wasn’t.

She heard Krysalis’ fast footsteps across the floor of the room. He was moving fast and he didn’t slow down until he made it to the side of the couch.

“Tess?” He said, with a lot of worry in his voice.

Tess didn’t say anything, she just snuggled her face further into the couch.

Krysalis knelt down by the side of the couch, trying to get a look at Tess’s face.” Tess?” He tried again.

Tess snuffled and tried to turn her head away again. Krysalis took his hoof and tried to put it underneath her chin, which didn’t work very well so he placed it instead on her back and rubbed her back gently.

Tess then started to sob again, softly. Krysalis hated seeing her sad and upset, but at the same time she looked so cute when she cried. She proved that she was a pony who had a heart and feelings, and he loved her for that. She was who she was and he loved her just for that, especially if no one else did. That made her his.

“Tess, what’s wrong?” Krysalis asked.

Tess didn’t know what to say. She wanted him there for her like he was, but she didn’t want to tell him any of this. For one thing, she really didn’t know what was wrong, and another was she didn’t to tell him what she thought was wrong. And even though she was trying to hold back her crying, she couldn’t anymore and started sobbing into the couch.

Even though there wasn’t much space on the couch, Krysalis climbed onto the couch and snuggled up to Tess. She sobbed even harder it seemed. She moved her head away from inside the couch to the nook of Krysalis’ neck. Now, instead of the tears dropping off her face onto the couch, they landed on Krysalis’ leg. Krysalis continued to gently rub Tess’s back.

“Tess, what’s wrong?” Krysalis tried again.

Tess tried to stop crying, but she wasn’t having much luck. She had too many tears falling down her face. She tried to wipe them away, but they just kept coming. Krysalis took his free hoof and helped her wipe her tears away. Tess raised her head, but tried to avoid those large, beautiful green eyes of his.

She then tried to speak, and when she did, she had the kind of crying hiccups some ponies get when they are upset.

“I honestly don’t know. I knew this wasn’t going to go so well, but I didn’t think I would bring me to this.” Tess said.

“Bring you to what, my queen? Crying?” Krysalis asked.

Tess took a deep breath and started to speak again.”Well, yes and no. I guess I didn’t expect to be hurt so badly by memories I tried to forget so much about. And I had forgotten. But they are have resurfaced.” Tess then snuggled her face back into the nook of Krysalis’ neck as she took deep breaths to calm down.

Krysalis kissed the top of her forehead. He knew what those memories were, and he was just as upset about them as she was. But she had lived through them, and he hadn’t.

“It’s okay, my queen. We’ll get through this.” He said as he snuggled Tess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Chrysalis had not moved from her bed. She was sitting there curled up and was thinking. She didn’t know why her dad had chosen a pony, but she had to be a very good pony in order to win over her father. And by that she meant that she had to have had a really terrible life that she could relate to him.

Chrysalis was still trying to cope with the fact that this Princess was probably going to be her step-mother at some point. She started to think that she would be able to deal with it, if she didn’t have to deal with her almost everyday. Or that she might try to take over and baby Chrysalis. But she could tell that Tess wasn’t that type of pony. Tess seemed like she had something to hide or something that she wanted to forget. Chrysalis didn’t know what or if that was true, but she had a pretty good feeling it was partly something that her father knew, and partly he didn’t.

--------------------------------------------The next morning--------------------------------------------------------

Krysalis and Tess had not left the sitting room all night. In fact, they had just settled into sleep there. For one, Tess didn’t want to leave the room. She felt comfortable where she was. She was in her world and no one could bother her there. Also, she was with Krysalis there. And that made her feel secure. Of course, she would have been anywhere’s in the the castle, but she just liked this room. She didn’t know why, but she did.

Krysalis was already awake when Tess woke up. He was still cuddling her, and he noticed when she woke up. He looked into her beautiful green-blue eyes and smiled.

“Good morning, beautiful.” He said.

Tess smiled and stretched slightly while yawning. She settled back into his neck and breathed small but heavy breaths. She closed her eyes.

“Good morning.” Tess finally said after about a minute.

Krysalis rubbed her back gently and kissed her on the forehead.

“So, what are the plans for today?” Tess asked, looking up at Krysalis.

Krysalis smiled. “Whatever you want to do.”

Tess had smiled at that, but her smiled was soon taken off her face as there was a knock on the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krysalis and Tess just started at the door.

They didn’t know if it was Chrysalis or a changeling, but Tess didn’t want to move.

Krysalis looked at Tess and he saw that she could start crying at any second. But he had a feeling that his daughter had overheard them, since her room was right across the hallway. And he hadn’t seen her at all since she stormed out of the throne room. He had chosen to be with his girlfriend and not to check on his daughter.

And he had a feeling it was her. And he needed to see her.

Krysalis got up and went to the door. He turned around and looked at Tess. She hadn’t moved much, and was just starting back at the door. She nodded at him.

Krysalis used his magic and opened the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chrysalis stood in the doorway with tears welling in her eyes. She may have come off as a real tough pony, but she had gone through so much.

After all, her mother had died when she was just a foal. And she had seen it happen. And it still scared her to this very day. She could never get rid of that image of her mother dying and falling into a deep darkness to rot forever.

She could never forget that.

Her father walked over to her and put his hoof under her chin. And his daughter started to cry and have tears fall down her face.

“My darling, what’s wrong?” Krysalis asked his daughter as he leaned over and hugged her.

“I...I don’t really know.” Chrysalis says, sobbing. “Just...Why? Can you answer me that?”

“It wasn’t planned. It was fate and chance.” Krysalis said.

The king and his daughter stood there for a few minutes, Chrysalis sobbing into his arms.

Tess sat there on the couch, not knowing what to do. But she knew that Chrysalis wasn’t taking this well. She didn’t want to accept that her father had fallen in love with a pony. She wouldn’t have been happy if he had fallen in love with another changeling, either. All she wanted was to have her mother, not someone to take over that spot.

Tess got up from where she was sitting and took about two steps towards them. Then she stopped. She really didn’t know why she had gotten up, anyhow. Maybe it was because she felt uncomfortable sitting where she was. Which was true, she did. But now she was up. And she didn’t know what to do. She just stood there awkwardly. Chrysalis had noticed that she had moved right away and she hadn’t taken her eyes off Tess. She just stared at her, and that made Tess even more uncomfortable. Her father had finally noticed that they were having a staring contest. He let go of his daughter and stood an equal distance from the two most important women in his life. He was not about to let them get into a huge fight.

And they just stared at each other for those few moments. No one said a word.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krysalis cleared his throat before he spoke. “Can we start over? Get to know each other?”

Tess stared at the floor and Chrysalis started at the wall. Neither of them said anything.

Krysalis waited a few minutes before he said anything again.

“Come on. You both are beautiful and wonderful women, with great minds and hearts. Can’t you say anything simple, like “Hi”?”

There was about two more minutes of silence and then Tess cleared her throat.

“Hello, Chrysalis.” She said in a tiny voice, but was still audible.

“Hello, Tess.” Chrysalis said in about the same strength of voice.

Krysalis smiled. “Now, see that wasn’t so hard was it?”

Both mares looked over at him with a glare. And they did that for a few more minutes, and it started to make Krysalis uncomfortable, which both of them then noticed. They then looked at each other for a couple of seconds and then started laughing. Which made Krysalis more confused.

“What....What’s so funny?” Krysalis asked.

The mares were still laughing and soon they settled down. Tess was the one to speak first, and as she did she wiped away a tear from laughing so hard.

“ I really don’t know. We haven’t spoken at all before this, if that is what you might think. But,-” Tess stopped, as she was cut off by Chrysalis, even though Tess had nothing else to say.

“ Maybe the fact the both of us can make you so confused and uncomfortable as well as on edge was funny. And, no we have not talked before this nor have anything in common. We also might have started laughing because it was so awkward and there was really nothing else to say.” Chrysalis said, with little hints of laughter in her voice as she spoke, along with seriousness.

“Yes” Tess agreed.

Krysalis looked at both of them and smiled. He knew at least it was a step forward, and not one backwards.

“Can you two now get to know each other? No fighting and no crying?” Krysalis asked.

Chrysalis and Tess looked over at each other and both nodded. They walked over the couch and sat down, and started to talk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crysalis found out that Tess had had a real rough life, and one that a princess should not have. It was not the most pleasant. Even as a changeling, she felt pity for her.

Tess had finally learned how Chrysalis felt about her and her father, and exactly how she felt since her mother died, and how it all happened. And Tess felt bad for her, and she felt like she was overstepping this. But she didn’t know how to go back if she wanted to, or if she could at all.

Krysalis felt better that both of the most important women in his life had made at least some peace. Neither of them were crying, neither were attacking the other. And all was well.

They all felt that they had talked this over. Krysalis especially. Tess still didn’t know what to make of this situation yet, and she didn’t know how it would all play out in the end. For both her personal well-being and for the others as well. And Chrysalis still had a feeling Tess was hiding something, but she didn’t want to push anything. For one, Tess looked like she could start crying within a couple of seconds, while she could become angry as well. Which reminded Chrysalis of herself, which made Tess a little more likable. And for another, she might upset her father as well, and since they had all made peace now, they could argue or cry about that later.

At this point in time, they had a decent life, and it was all good. The rest of their lives would come, along with tears and arguments, pain and trust. Like all good stories, theirs will truly never end.

_______________________________THE END_________________________________


…...........................For now, at least...............................................................................................

Author's Note:

This is my first story, so anything helpful would be great! Thank you!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment