• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 1,090 Views, 21 Comments

All We Need to Strive to Be - screenaholic



Octavia and Fiddlesticks. Two ponies with seemingly nothing in common. However, they do share one thing. They share a secret.

  • ...
0
 21
 1,090

Epilogue

The following is a letter written by Fiddlesticks, and published by Equestria Daily two days after her performance.

A letter to all my fans,

Most of you know me by the name Octavia. However, that is not my real name. I regret to inform you that I have been lying to you for my entire career. My real name is Fiddlesticks, and I am a country pony from a family of farmers. I apologize to all of you for lying. I was afraid that a farmer would not be accepted as a classical cellist. However, I have grown tired of lying. My lies have hurt my family, and strained my dearest friendship. I understand if you are upset with me, but I hope that where I come from will not cause you to hold any prejudices about my music. I will continue to play my cello in the same manner that you have been listening to all these years, but I will also be performing with my fiddle. I hope to break preconceptions about what certain kinds of ponies have interest in, and possibly help you discover new interests of your own.

Sincerely,
Fiddlesticks

Comments ( 5 )

Not much of an ending.

I kind of agree. I hoe this is a lead in to a sequel or something

3999018
Yeah I kind of screwed the pooch on the ending. Sorry. When I first imagined this story about a year ago, I imagined the recital scene a lot more climactic, but I guess my writing skills just aren't good enough to make it how I imagined.

3999364 You could just rewrite it or extend it to make it more fitting.

Glad to find this little fic, do love Fiddlesticks and this is an interesting take on the Octavia Fiddlesticks similarities, although have to agree poor ending that is to short and leaves to many questions unanswered, especially what happened to Octavia?

Login or register to comment