The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,467 stories
Comments ( 35 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 35

This month, we're hopping along with the contest below! Sounds neat? Good.

Click this picture to expand it

The Exiled Twilight Contest is here!

Now for those who do not understand the poster:
This contest is to be focused and Twilight and her exile, the reason for exile is left up to the author
Only three of Twilight's friends can help her in the story without risk of death.
Anyone other than the three friends will be punished severely, preferably by death.
You have four months to write a story over 50,000 words
Two months for 25,000 - 50,000 words
One month for under 25,000 words
Sign up at the link under the poster (Please note two of the judges will come from BadassTwilight=TotalDomination so there will be a bias among some of the judges. One judge will be requested from each group participating)
The winner will be featured in any of the participating groups that are willing to feature the story (BAT=TD will feature for sure).

A contest surrounding a Badass Twilight. Sounds good to me. These guys have put in some nice work setting up this contest so be sure to participate. The winners there will also be featured on T.W.G. If someone from T.W.G. brings home the gold, I might be inclined to give you some of my gold myself. Unsure as to how much yet, but cash never hurts as an incentive.

Unless of course the cash is on fire and punching you in the face and the cash is immortal and doesn't feel the burning because a Badass Twilight made it so. Then of course it hurts as an incentive.

Eh.
Nah.
I don't do contests or tournaments anymore. Especially not in a group this large with so many 1000+ follower writers where there is a money prize involved. Would be a fruitless endeavor, far far too outclassed.

I physically cannot participate, I would die having to write that much.

My thoughts when reading the title:
"Bad = Tower Defense? WTF? Better check it out."
Change it maybe?

Deadder
Group Contributor

Huh, I do like a challenge.
I might join it.

I would enter the contest, but my novel is draining me and I am going to be tapped out for several months most likely, or until I feel like making some progress.

It doesn't look easy, but sounds fun!

Will the different length categories be judged separately, or will submissions for the shorter ones just be closed after X months and we'll have to wait the full 4 for the winner?

:rainbowdetermined2:
Bring it on.

Pop Quiz.
Can I still sing it up?
Can anyone of the other three sacrifices in an attempt to save Twilight instead to be punished?

Do we have to write it all in one chapter? Or can we make several chapters?

Good luck everyone! Let's all try our best! :pinkiehappy:

2738888 While I'm not going to enter the contest, I am going to write a fic based on this idea. I want to see what I can do with this type of situation and since I feel so much like Twilight, it should be interesting.

I may try, but I may not… It seems that a lot of effort will have to be put into this, and I'm not sure that I have the time… We'll see! :applejackunsure:

2738995 I'd love to join too, but I simply can't write that much either...
I'll try and if I get 25000 words by the end of two months, I'll enter.
Wish me luck!:pinkiehappy:
*Stays up all night staring at blank page*

3176943 I have decided!:pinkiegasp: I will join this contest, but please don't hate me if I can't get it finished on time. I'll do my best and get as much done as I can.
Time to start writing!:twilightsmile:

3176943 It also doesn't help that I haven't been motivated to write my current story because school basically gives me an essay to write everyday

3177311 School can suck, I've been waiting all year long for a creative writing assignment and all I got was, "Okay kids! I want you write 3 paragraphs about your favorite holiday!:twilightsmile:"
I just want to write something for fuuuuuuuunnnnnn.:rainbowwild:

3177496 Ikr I could write a short story, but instead I'm stuck here writing essays about stuff I already know about

I guess I'm lucky. I got to write short stories about more or less anything at school.

Comment posted by LOP deleted Apr 14th, 2014

I'd love to kick it in a contest I just don't feel I have the experience necessary to pull it off because I'm a new fairly new writer:ajbemused:

DH7

I think this contest has been going on for a bit too long, bud. I don't know how long is left, but I'm waiting until new one's pop up.

The only one I know of, is in the 'Luna is Best Pony' forum. The prompt is a less-than-5k fic that has to do with Luna being a gamer. Honestly, I'm not sure about the prompt, or how it's being judged, but I'm thinking of trying out anyway.

Problem is, I don't think there are any takers yet. I've got other fic ideas to work on, I don't feel like competing with just myself.

I wouldn't worry too much about skill. Personally, I think the competition is a good motivator for working on that, and not the other way around.

Yeah I guess I can agree with you there I just want to get to a point where I'm out of my own independent ideas before taking up something with a set of specifics and qualifications

DH7

I don't really entertain 'plot bunnies' unless they hit me over the head like a sledgehammer. An anime fic on hiatus, three novel-length fics, and a side project.

So far, I've only partipated in a contest with a low word-count limit. I wouldn't write a one-shot, otherwise, and nor would I see anything completed and posted, for months on end.

3223622 Well It's great to meet someone of a similar taste in ideas as me I'm generally gonna stay along the lines of action/adventure but I might do something a bit darker or something a bit more upbeat instead of death and destruction all the time being sixteen and in high school it's tough to keep track of SUPER long fics so I'm pretty much stuck reading one shots or so on

Nope can't do this my brain would explode if i tried to write that much at one time and i'm new to writing so i don't feel like getting my ass handed to me by a thousand other writers

I submitted my just completed (in time!) fic: This Quiet Earth. Yes, another fic centered on Twilight. :twilightblush:

Ok. Sounds interesting. AND I WANT TO BAN TWILIGHT!! MUAHAHA

Wait. Can Twilight still be punished and her accomplices be spared but be punished? HELP! :twilightoops:

Also, only one chapter or multiple?

Okay, this sounds fun, and to be honest something that I believe I could do with all ease. Hell, I did write an eighty-five thousand word novel in three damn weeks, well sixty thousand of the eighty-five in three weeks. Why the hell not. The worst it's going to do is cause a little cramping in my hands.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 35