You Might Like This 263 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Noble Thought
Group Admin

If you want to promote your own stories, please do so here. Any threads outside of this one that have self promotion will be deleted.

A few rules:

1. Don't beg. Seriously. Begging is annoying.
2. Don't pester a reader if they don't read your story or don't like it. We do this for fun. We don't offer critique unless we want to.
3. Keep it civil. This is for promotion, not for discussion. Discussion of stories should take place on the stories.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

Had an idea for a format. Thought I'd run it by the group.

Story: 'Taint Natural

You might like this if:
-You like short comedies
-You like stories featuring background ponies
-You don't mind fast pacing
-You don't mind a dash of drunken singing from your ponies

Zodiacspear
Group Admin

3908316 This works for me. I'll go ahead and add one of my own stories to this.

Story: Three from the Forest.

You might like this if:
-You like well written original characters.
-Original settings in Equestria
-Silliness and slice of life goodness with an adventurous overtone.

Habanc
Group Admin

I'll put my hat into the ring.

Story: Kinetics

You might like this if you like:
-Lengthy, world-building adventure stories.
-Severe moral dilemma and psychological conflict.
-Slower pacing for immersion as opposed to action.
-Dark stories -- partially for violence, but more for witnessing pony (human) nature at its lowest.

Maybe I'll have some luck with this.

Story: Moonlit's Journey

Not going to say much about it, other than it's not done and being entirely shameless for this self promotion

3895158 You might like this story: Arcane Shadow, Re-Written. Another redo of one of my earlier works, still being expanded on. There are adventure elements, action elements, and some more bits of slice-of-life here and there. You might also like this if you're into dark, touchy material.

Small notice: Feel free to shoot me a PM about the crossover material if it confuses you (which has happened to me before) and I'll gladly provide the answers regarding said material.

All aboard the Ego Express!

My Special Somepony

You might like this if you're into:

- Filly Pinkie and Fluttershy

- Hearts and Hooves Day

- Cute, light-hearted stuff

Vic Fontaine
Group Admin

I'll throw in one of my earlier works that I'm pretty proud of. :)

Scars
In the wake of a massive storm, time and patience will heal the physical damage to Ponyville and its residents. But how do you treat an injury that you can't see?

You might like this if you like:
-TwiDash
-A very tolerable level of sad feels with your romance tags
-Ponies dealing with an issue that sadly affects far too many people
-Twi being the strong one in a relationship with Dash

I recognize some people doing lists in here, but I'm always game for a small dose of self promotion. :twilightsmile:

Colorless
Twilight and Rainbow Dash come to a crossroads in their relationship as they look to the future. But with as bleak and depressing as it seems, what really is the point? Perhaps love does conquer all...

You might like this if you like...
-A darker more depressing take on romance.
-Dealing with a strong rift in a relationship
-A lighter take on an alternate universe with subtle world-building
-Twilight/Rainbow Dash

I'd love it if someone would read my noir / crime story To Drown A Butterfly. I have put a lot of time and effort into it, but it could always need improvement. Here is the link in case anyone is interested: The Link That Will Change Your Life (Hopefully).

Well, I tried once. Quite a while ago actually. Maybe I'll have more luck with my new story:

It's called What Happened?

All I can really say about this story is that it's a retelling of Equestrian history through the eyes of a self inserted character. Not sure if it's your guys' cup of tea or not. But, it's worth a mention if only to get it out there to more readers on the site.

Want to read something Dark? Delve deep into the beginning of what magic used to be, what it was before friendship?

Caution, this story is mature, as such you'll need to look into my profile and look up the story.

It's called "Magic"

Read if you dare.

Story: A Lovely Mare

You might like this if:
-You been though the same thing
-You love a moral story
-You like sad, slice of life or drama
-OC characters

Story: The World Turned Upside Down

I didn’t sign up for this.

I don’t care if it’s a clichéd line that’s been used a million times over; I literally didn’t sign up for this.

I didn’t want to find myself at the mercy of some magical winged unicorn.  I didn’t want to be abused by the very person I’m supposed to protect. I didn’t want to retrace my steps for thirty minutes and relive everything that happened in my first nine hours here.  I didn’t want to dig holes in the ground and use leaves as toilet paper – forget unsanitary, it just feels wrong.

But what I want doesn’t matter anymore, otherwise I wouldn’t be standing chest-deep in a small lake, washing myself as best I can without soap, feeling very cold, very exposed and very vulnerable.  What matters is the slight possibility that someone, somewhere, might be able to help me get back home. Right now, that means submitting myself to the whims of a pink pony princess who I’m sure has made a habit of finding out what she doesn’t know, and an orange pegasus with a fiery temper who hates herself for rescuing me.

…I can’t believe how comfortable I am thinking that…

You might like this if you like...

• Post-show fiction
  • An adult Flurry Heart
  • Human in Equestria used in a meaningful way
  • A slow opening
  • A blank flank pegasus with an attitude problem
  • A human with good intentions pushed to the breaking point
  • Well-written dialogue, prose and nuance that flows easily
  • A strong and promising first act
  • Arguments
  • Brief heart-to-heart moments
  • Effective use of foreshadowing