The Last Roundup 497 members · 70 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33
Obselescence
Group Admin

Hi guys. In this thread you can suggest stories for next week's post on Sunday 9/21/2014.

For the upcoming post, anything published after September 7 2014 is suggestable.

There are a few suggestion guidelines we'd like y'all to follow, as listed below:

-Suggested stories MUST have been posted within two week of the upcoming post on Sunday. If we’re taking suggestions for a Sunday the 27th Feature Post, you’re free to suggest any story that was published as far back as the 13th. You may not suggest a story that was published on, say, Saturday the 12th for a Sunday the 27th post.

-Suggestions are not guaranteed to be featured. Please don’t expect that they will be, or ask us why a story you suggested didn’t get featured. We’ll put up what we put up—and I mean that in the nicest possible way. We’re not going to be able to please everyone. It’s just not possible for finite beings to accomplish. We simply ask that you don’t put us in the awkward position of attempting to do so anyway by demanding answers from us.

-Suggested stories may not be written by the suggesting user. It’s nice that you think your work’s good, and want to help get it out there—no, really, it is—but this isn’t really the place to promote yourself. There are other groups out there that you can use to promote your stories. In the meantime, focus on writing a story other people would want to suggest here, or suggest another author’s work that you really enjoyed.

But other than that, if you've found a recently-posted story that you thought was interesting/good/enjoyable, be sure to suggest it here and we'll be sure to check it out!

Pointless, by Dark Avenger. Didn't quite generate enough heat for a feature, but I feel it should have gotten there.

3630858 Recently posted story??... Does that count for a recent update or does it have to be a new story?? What counts under the definition of "recently posted?"

Alright- I know this may seem a bit rude- but I've got three Stories (two of which are bye the same person, and both very well written) that deserved to be put in the Featured but never really made it. I know it's a bit rude to post more than one- but please read them- and give them a chance. These Guys deserve the Featured, even if they don't make the official one.

First We Remember Everything- by Thunderscourge Completely amazing considering it's one of the best Crack-Ship's I've ever seen. This Author has put his sweat, tears, and blood into this story- and I think it could use some recognition.

Second The Sparkle in His Eye- by Tatsurou Now- I know how this one looks- but the Title is misleading. It's based off of the FortressShy Story line (as far as I can tell) but it's a really good read once you get into it. I'm just sad that it's not updated as much as it could be.

and Finally Megas CMC- by Tatsurou Now- I know what you are thinking. I did not help WRITE this story- I simply helped INSPIRE it. I know this author very well- and left a comment of some Childhood Nostalgia that I had- one of which was Megas XLR. Discord came in and did some stuff- and boom. He put me in the descriptions. Anyway- this is a GOOD story all things considering- though I can't make much of a judgement since it's only just started. So I wish you luck on that one.

Anyway- I know this is big and Lengthy- and I'm sorry for doing more than one. There isn't a rule against posting a maximum number of stories- but these are all still going- and have all updated within the last week- and never hit the Inbox (The first one especially.) So- please. At least give these stories a shot- and don't shoot them down because of my stupidity in this post. Thank you. :twilightsheepish:

Obselescence
Group Admin

Recent updates don't count, guys. Sorry. "Posted" in this case, means "Published." As in, when the story first became visible to the public on Fimfiction. We're focusing on newly-posted stuff, so a story from last year that was updated less than two weeks ago still isn't eligible for suggestion... for better or worse, I guess.

3633164 Definitely for worse. I know some great pieces of fanfiction that were posted weeks ago that deserve much more attention then they got. I think the rules should be changed to maybe within the last two months or something.

I recommend Hyperportentia, by MyHobby.

Oh- well the Last two were Posted within the last two weeks (ish.) The First is just one that a friend likes to write for pleasure.

I wish to give a little commentary on the first rule:

-Suggested stories MUST have been posted within two week of the upcoming post on Sunday. If we’re taking suggestions for a Sunday the 27th Feature Post, you’re free to suggest any story that was posted as far back as the 13th. You may not suggest a story that was posted on, say, Saturday the 12th for a Sunday the 27th post.

If we wish this group to be a quality filter, how can we filter stories just based on how young they may be? Besides, many great stories take several chapters before they shape up, and many people take from weeks to months between updates.

I would thus suggest the rule to be updated from "posted" to "published or updated".

3630858 How he truly feels by N7_Spartan117

Professor Plum
Group Admin

For the upcoming post, anything published after September 7 2014 is suggestable.

Professor Plum
Group Admin

:twilightsmile:

I know some great pieces of fanfiction that were posted weeks ago that deserve much more attention then they got.

That is not what this group is about. This group is an alternative to the featured box.
If you know of old stories that you think deserved more views, then feel free to send them to Seattle's Angels, a group specifically dedicated to highlighting good stories that flew under the radar.

If we wish this group to be a quality filter

That is not what this group is about. This group is an alternative to the featured box.
If a filter is what you're after, I recommend The Royal Guard, EqD, the Royal Canterlot Library, or even Twilight's Library, as they all accept/deny stories based on their own quality filters, regardless of age.

Besides, there are still the two Wildcard selections every round, and they don't need to be from the previous two weeks.

So many people who don't read rules clearly or understand the point of things... :facehoof:

And that differs from the normal behavior of FIMFiction users in what way? :derpytongue2:

@Obs: dis even though it got featured. It's pretty okay hoersword.

Why: Rarity wagers her virginity on a piece of paper in a poker game, and, naturally, loses it. One of her friends takes her virginity and takes off with it. The next morning, Rarity wakes up and bemoans losing her virginity while drunk tipsy. And then sets off to regain it.

The story is incomplete, but I strongly suspect that her friend lost her virginity on her way home.

Isn't the point of this group to feature good stories that don't hit the feature box?

Professor Plum
Group Admin

Nope. This group's about recent, good stories, regardless of featuring.

Well, never mind then.
Thanks for that.

The first chapter was enjoyable, but the second chapter was not very good. :ajsleepy:

Having crossed the tracks, by Hap.
This story is rather philosophical. I'm certain that every reader will find a different meaning to it.

Well, it seemed like a pretty straightforward averted suicide story to me.

Wasn't super impressed with it really.

See what I meant?
That story doesn't deal with suicide. At all.
I read a nihilistic soliloquy, where the protagonist isn't even actively contemplating suicide. If anything, he's acting like a masochist, seeking the sensation of being sideswiped by the body of a speeding train.

There's not really a difference between suicide and doing something which is likely to end in your death because you just don't care about living anymore.

I recommend Foreign Complications by RainbowBob. It may already be in the Featured Box, but I found it to be a wonderful read in my opinion. I liked the use of world building and the character of the minotaur king is actually interesting, given the points he makes in the story.

Be glad that you don't get the difference.

The difference between those two scenarios is that one is already in the act of killing themselves (suicide), while the other is the sign of doing something that may lead to the suicide (fill in what you said as the second choice here). That's the slight difference that I caught.

Discord's the only creature in Equestria who can recognize the human for what he is -- not the long-lost Seventh Element that never actually existed and couldn't have existed before the human arrived, but a meta-reality warper, an entity far more powerful than Discord with the power to warp the minds of all around him and the very rules of magic to make sure that he's always the Big Hero. And the role the human's assigned to Discord is the Villain to beat down or kill.
Pre-reform Discord's fine with being the villain. But on his own terms. Not dancing on some alien interloper's puppet strings.
Without friendship, or even allies, Discord's going to have to find a way to defeat a creature who can alter fate itself and who can even mind-control him. Or he may just end up worse than dead.

This is written from Discord's POV and is a very different (yet very real-feeling) take on the attitude that Discord bears to being a pre-reformed villain. It is a clever, witty, hilarious insight into the world of Gary Stu and the power he doesn't even realise he wields. And it is glorious.

I recommend The Enchanted Library by Monochromatic

"Quills and Sofas" by Just Horsing Around.
This story is a great exploration on the concept that Ponyville truly is a crazy town.

Csquared08
Group Admin

3632589 3635192 3642974
Hi, friends!

Thanks much for the suggestions! :twilightsmile:

Csquared08
Group Admin

Hi, friend!

Thanks much for the suggestion! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33