The Admin's Group 204 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

So who here loves to drop to good ol ban hammer of ....

Professor Plum
Group Admin

I try to avoid banning whenever possible, honestly.

3106336 I always try to make it painstakingly clear as to what situations will draw in a ban as punishment, hoping that it will dissuade some from provoking anger, hatred, or useless spam, but if the case comes down, the users have to know that they are in fact within an administered group.

It's a pity, but sometimes a shout is needed where you wish a whisper could do the job.

3106336 I've yet to use it. The group I admin hasn't really had much trouble.

3106342 I try to avoid being banned as much as possible. Never really banned anypony though.

I hate it and only use it when I need to.

Smiles
Group Admin

No! I hate banning people! :fluttershbad:

Never never never never! :fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:

(Fortunately, I haven't had to ban anyone yet. Only warn people or tell them to shut up.)
(Well I did ban one guy, but he was a spammy troll alt. so I guess that doesn't really count.)

The hammer is love; The hammer is life. Everyone deserves to enjoy the splendor that is the hammer.

Shockwave— We have had to use it once on a member who copied another user's deleted story on his shadow account for something in our group.

I do.
*bans the entire TL*

But on more serious note; why ban if there's no need for it? Only ban if the user causes serious disruption. If you want to put somepony on timeout, you ban them for 24 hours to chill out and fi repeats you just prolongue the time.

I don't ban unless I have to.
~Twi

3106336 I own a group, and I prefer to not deal with that kind of thing. That's the forum mod's job. I just read the stories. But, I don't think we've had to ban anyone yet.

3106336 I have banned exactly one person once and it was temporary. I have also dropped a ban on stories by one user who tried to levi admin action against me repeatedly for minor (i.e. not-mod enforceable) actions and continually insulted me. I have also gotten another person up to two out of three warnings for rule infraction. Otherwise, my group is happily ban free.

3106336 Ban everyone. It solves everything.

3106370 oh yeah, that ol' pointless 'spam'.
that's where the hammer hit home, and hard.

Same here, though one guy who was spamming and had a reputation for hating on gays and Catholics was one of the few I ever permabanned.

I feel the urge strongly, quite often. Usually, I talk to other admins before I do anything, and they encourage me to give the guy a break.

Somebody once wrote an alleged comedy that involved callously killing off several foals, including Twist. He posted it to the Twist group and I banned his ass.

Bronymaster
Group Admin

I have rarely had to use the ban hammer, and am happy to report so. I have probably banned two people for misbehaving, and I always make it incredibly clear when a ban is oncoming. I have only ever set up one rule that would result in an instant ban (that being insulting other members with intent to harm).

I've rarely even had to dole out warnings, thankfully. Then again, not many of the groups I have been participating in have been community-based so much as they have been service-based, so it's not that big a surprise. *shrugs*

I've banned people before.

And despite what certain 3106400 type people might think, quite a few! Lumie is not so nice as advertised.

Maybe 8-10 in the last six months? One permanently. The rest for various durations of one day to one week. Either for spam flooding, or being really mean to other users.

Oh! And that jerk that keeps nastily trolling Anti-Depression Ponies (And downvoting Smiles' stories :twilightangry2:) whenever he gets unbanned, for a month.

I really don't have much patience for those that join groups just to make everyone's experience worse for their own amusement.

I really don't have much patience for those that join groups just to make everyone's experience worse for their own amusement.

c:

Smiles
Group Admin

I've been fooled! :raritydespair:

3106336 see what happens in the group, is what I do.

3106336 I never permanently ban people. The closest thing I've ever given to a permanent ban is a 24 hour ban that ended up being 3 months or so because I forgot about it.
The user never came back.:ajsleepy:

Sometimes I get into situations where I want to permanently ban a user, but know that's being too harsh. In those situations, I send them a warning (when I remember to, anyway) and then ban them for a day or so. I then unban them the next day and if they continue doing whatever it was that got them banned, I ban them again, but for longer. Eventually I would have to permanently ban them, but people usually learn after the first time.

I ain't a banner and I own no hammer, but I do tend to slammer the spammers.

I rarely ever ban people; I seldom ever have the heart to; I just scare people into behaving themselves by making them think they're on a knife's edge and might get banned easily!! :derpytongue2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27