Human in Equestria 16,837 members · 17,017 stories
Comments ( 39 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 39

what sup bros, I was wondering what is the best human category story in all times, because to be honest, I have no idea?

Just search by rating or number of favorites.

Mine of course! What form of foolishness is this?! :twilightangry2:

824844 My personal favorite, if you don't mind it being mature and skippable clop, is Diaries of a Madman by whatmustido

MetaKnight145
Group Admin

That Rorschach in Equestria story.

If anyone says Xenophillia I will have your head on a pike!

824844 It depends on the your taste. You can go with the story Hands. It is more casual with some adventure. Or the story Wayward Currier with lots of adventure, killing, fighting and a lot of anger. It also has some funny parts with Luna. Or at least I was laughing.

So all in all what kinds of stuff do you want to see in a story? :twilightoops:

824856 Xenophillia:trollestia:

MetaKnight145
Group Admin

824847 Never trust the majority for something good.:trixieshiftleft:

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok maybe...

Machinations of a trickster

Yea that's both funny and adventurous. You'd like it. It's not the best but it's really good.

Because you can't say there is a best fic, just a really good one. You can also check out Canis Ezo Kage! my story ;P

It's about a human turned wolf and he has to survive in the Everfree. He gets to Ponyville eventually and has to deal with being a wolf. But it's not...too actiony?

But it's got some amazing events early on. I haven't written past chapter 5 but I've already got 900+ favs and 620 likes.

Whatever, I say you should check out machinations first. it's WWAAAAAAAAAYYYY better than mine...just sayin'. :raritywink:

True, but the stories have to have something going for them to be popular.

Through the eyes of another pony.

If you don't mind clop, Xenophilia is one of my personal faves. Lots of world-building and d'awww-ness amidst the happy cloppy sexy funtimes. Also, Lyra (best pony!) is a badass martial artist who can drop you in less than a second. The characters are also very well deveopled and realistic. (e.g., Some ponies are racist towards humans, and there's also a fair bit of culture clash, especially when it comes to romance.)

Sorry, didn't notice your rage against Xenophilia. :twilightsheepish: Is there a particular reason for it?

I second this comment.

Project Sunflower is one of the best HiE fics on this site.

Arrow 18 is also great.

That's a horrible idea, because it'll be something like 'My Little Dashie'. Clearly not the best of all time (or any time).

Mine's not perfect, but it's got a lot of likes, more than 800. "Equestria's First Human." I am still aware of the fact that there are better HiE fics writers than me out there.:twilightsmile:

I must say that I've read most of the fics mentioned here and I LOVED them. It's impossible to recommend anything for you as you did not write what you liked. Maybe consider adding a few of your favorites to your FimFiction page?

I would not be myself if I did not recommend one of the best (IMHO, ofc :)) stories here: The Thessalonica Legacy. Don't look at ratings - just read a chapter or two :pinkiehappy:. This is a perfect blend of MechWarrior and MLP. I know this sounds crazy, but it really works for this story!

Xenophilia.

Then we got Article 2, Arrow 18 Mission Logs, Also, I like Dresden Fillies, Consequences of Unoriginality.

You do realize that both of the stories you listed are farther down on the same page, right?

Mine's not perfect, but it's got a lot of likes, more than 800. "Equestria's Fist Human."

.... with a title like that, I'd upvote it too. Seriously, what does it mean? Equestria punches a human or something? :trollestia:

The point is that the OP is asking for suggestions, so why not give him some?

Well, if you like Halo, MIA is a good one. Then there's Hands...or mine if you'd like to check it out:trollestia:

Marcus 657 is the name of it; give it a look if you're interested. :moustache:

824844 Anthropology. IMO, at least.

Because I am lazy, and I figured I'd go the "teach a man to fish" route.

There's already been a couple of threads like this.

Anthropology.
Not iust because it's famous. It's who the human is that makes it genius.

Oh I will self promote mine I suppose The Zealot With over 150 up votes, and only 12 down votes. I think it is doing pretty good considering when I started writing it.

I am also in the Xenophilia camp. It is a wonderful story that will evoke an emotional response; did for me anyway. It just happens to have a lot of clop in it.

Anthropology
Hands
Arrow 18

Good stuff there

Heroes and Allies by Lynolius (and not because I helped edit it!) - high octane military fiction with likable characters, good plot and damn badass action sequences.

Bonds Beyond Species?

It is good if you like something different, other than the Ponyville and Mane Six approach.

824854 I third this one. DoAM. Diaries of a Madman. Best one I've ever read on here. Longest as well. it JUST hit over 1 million words today.

Best of All Possible Worlds.

Detective Chmilewsky
Group Contributor

824851 Sorry bro, but it is totes the one I haven't quite written yet but will be on the site within a week.

:pinkiegasp: You're writing a story? :rainbowkiss: I'll be there :derpytongue2: Let us see if you can defeat my most popular HiE story :rainbowdetermined2:

Well, I'm not sure about Xenophilia.

It set the bases for a lot of HiEs, and it set firm foundations in the way relationships work in Equestria among many headcanons of many authors. But I wouldn't nominate it for best HiE.

It is a good story, but I felt it lacked in purpose. The plot was basically non existent, and it was more focused on depicting the clash between cultures (which I loved), but as a story it was pretty bland. Author didn't hold back with the clop though, I had to skip a lot of it to get to the interesting parts of the fic.

I give the story a 7/10 (please don't take this as a low rating. I'm comparing it to a published book, bestseller, and my all-time favorite novel, so a seven is pretty high.)

And to show I am not being unfair, I gave my own first HiE fic a 4/10 and I think I'm being generous :twilightsheepish:

Detective Chmilewsky
Group Contributor

828312 We duel at dawn, when the sun casts a golden glow upon fields of grain. Only one of us shall survive.

Comment posted by Irongalley deleted Mar 30th, 2013

828326 I hear ya, and I think a 7 would be fair. I actually gave it a 9/10 on some other site that I can't quite remember cause I don't go there anymore. For me what really made me just have to laugh was when the main character (Lero) would go off, and actually start teaching an impromptu history lesson :rainbowlaugh: and I would be like "Hey, just wait one second. This damn clipfic is trying to teach me something!" *skip skip skip*

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 39