Straight Shipping 2,893 members · 6,611 stories
Comments ( 50 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 50
Vexy
Group Admin

Greetings all!

A new month has come, and a very special one it is too. After all, we are talking about December! The month of snow, cold winds, gifts and getting absolutely smashed. (Americans use that term to mean drunk as well, right?)

Well, I’m much more pleased that Season Four has kicked off too a ridiculously awesome start. I’m already squealing over what will come in next week’s episode. It also gives me the perfect excuse to read more shipfics and throw more competitions. So, guess what I’m doing?

Oh, you got me!

It is our destiny to write romance stories involving pastel-colored talking Equus ferus caballus and any other mythological creatures that takes our fancy, so we’ll be doing what we do best: Shipping!

However, this month, I decided that I didn’t want just “Yeah, write anything, and s’all chill.” nor did I want “Write bland Christmas fic”.

Yea- No. This time we have a prompt, inspired in part by the lovely Bad_Seed_72’s comment. (Damn, she’s so awesome, just go and check her out and revel in her unbridled awesomeness (Totally not just saying that because she won our last competition or anything...))

After much deliberation, discussion and ignoring my admins’ advice, I came to conclusion that the prompt shall be as follows:

Write a shipping fanfiction about two characters who at first do not get along, who perhaps are even hostile to each other. However, over the course of the fic, they find common ground and perhaps also something more...

No, not villains per se. However, this is all about characters who are at odds. You’re really only limited by your own imagination; Spike and Trixie? Aw yeah. Cadence and King Sombra? That would be awesome! Rainbow Dash and one of her bullies from Cloudsdale? Write that right now and let me love it.

Don’t mislead yourselves into thinking you’re limited to even semi-villains. You’re writing the fanfic, so you can create this disagreement. All you’ve got to do is show that the characters have more in common than they first thought.

Sound easy enough?

Well, your due date is Monday 13th of January 2014.

Get writing my friends; the clock is ticking.

EDIT: I forgot to suggest the idea of using Hearth's Warming as a catalyst to accelerate the relationship's development. My mind subconsciously drifted back over this song.

Sounds great. I'm long overdue to come back to the world of shipfics. Or the world of fics at all.

Vexy
Group Admin

Yeah, I've got exams coming up, but I've realized I've let myself get a little too distant from this site. Problem is trying to juggle all this work is... well, it's hard work, surprisingly enough. :rainbowlaugh:

2291596 The Spiktrix shall be beautiful. :moustache::heart::trixieshiftright:

Yep. Same here.

Oh my god I just remembered this story idea I had forever ago before this. Caralight may not be the most unusual shipping out there, but the story was based around a snowstorm, so I think it practically demands being written for this collab. Thanks for reminding me!

Holy shit, my somewhat crazy ambitions for a MacScratch ship have finally come to fruition. (Yeah, my 'I'm-not-really-a-brony-but-I-sort-of-am' friend pointed at a wallpaper with both of them and screamed, I SHIP IT!)

This is going to be amazing.

can BigMac tolerate the wubs?

AgentSnail
Group Admin

This is not a lot of warning. I'm not sure if I can throw together something this long in such a short time. Have you given any thought to hosting a second contest with much different rules at the same time, to represent a shorter length of applicants' fics?

Vexy I hate you. Stop giving me a reason to not be lazy, dangit!

AppleTop (market competitors yet have common ground)

Spikaloo (Hell yes)

and MUCH MUCH MORE are available!

That reminds me of the time at that roleplay forum when my character was forced to go on a date with Nightmare Moon.
Or the times Nightmare Moon repeatedly tried to kill my character.
Ahhh... good times... :pinkiesmile:

So, new contest, eh? Well, I'm not sure if I'll find the time for it. We'll see. I don't even have an idea yet.
..."Sombra does Speed-dating"
Damnit, brain! :facehoof:

Heh... I had a failed "Flim & Flam try speed double dating" story. They rejected half of the population of Ponyville before running into Aloe and Lotus Blossom...

I'm flattered that you went with my idea! :twilightblush: Also, stahp it Vexy. Just stahp. :twilightblush:

Hmm... I've got a lot on my plate right now, but I may consider writing something for this. We'll see. :twilightsmile:

Hmmm...

Interesting...

Well, Gilda's pretty much available, because she's always mean to everyone...

...Did I just write my idea out loud?

Oooh I will be writing a long ... ok really long one-shot *hoves crossed* and I hope to make it glorious.

I can't write any more muti-chap stories, as much as I want to :rainbowlaugh:

I'm surprised no one said anything about Flim or Flam:heart::ajsmug:.

Vexy
Group Admin

C'mon you've just dethroned Bad Seed! Don't let it end so soon!

I miss winter.. :fluttershysad:

2303345 Duuuh, winter season... :pinkiesmile:

I hope to have my story all done and ready in time for the cut off date :D
I have gotten word from Captain Unstoppable that he likes it :rainbowlaugh:

Write a shipping fanfiction about two characters who at first do not get along, who perhaps are even hostile to each other. However, over the course of the fic, they find common ground and perhaps also something more...

Sounds exactly like a tsundere kind of thing.

Vexy
Group Admin

Correct. :twilightsmile:

2332151 But do you know what a tsundere is then?

Vexy
Group Admin

Japanese term.

When a character is at first bitter towards another character, but over time they warm up to them. It's commonplace in shipping.

2332206 You win alike.

I would get you an image, bu my internet is bucking slow so...

Shut up! It's not like I care about you or anything! B-baka!

2333002 Nailed it to a 'T'.

So Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

2291596 I will see what I can do on such short notice, but...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! :rainbowdetermined2:

2291596 The perfect excuse opportunity to pull out that old PinkieXGuard...

Vexy
Group Admin

Well, if you're feeling a little dry on ideas then feel free to ask about or message me. :twilightsmile:

Pinkie shipping?

Sir, you have sparked my interest. :moustache:

2337843 Oh, I have an idea. I'm just not sure if it will be ready in time to enter it in the contest.

Vexy
Group Admin

Work on it a little bit each night this week. :twilightsmile:

Dang, I got a story that would work perfectly for this, but it's a VinylTavia ship :fluttershysad:

Just curious, does the story have to be completed by the 22nd? I probably already know the answer, but I'm going to ask anyway.

Vexy
Group Admin

Because I haven't stated so already, I can accept incomplete fics. Remember, though, that it's being judged by the group as a whole (voting system), so if you don't really get very far into your fic, your readers aren't going to really be voting for it.

2361725 Yeah, that's what I figured. Time to get back to writing. :pinkiesmile:

:facehoof: Why did I decide to make it a long story, my Sonic crossover would've been perfect for this. I mean what more disagreement and rivalry can you have then with Sonic and Rainbow Dash.

Is this something you have to have started specifically for the contest?

I ask because my massive shipping fic pretty much started like this and already consumes all my time and maybe because of wishful thinking. :twilightblush:

Vexy
Group Admin

Yes. I'll head back and edit some formal rules in, but I'm afraid we can't accept something that's already written; that just wouldn't be fair.

No problem. Totally understandable.

I'm feel guilty now with just now looking into the forums about this groups whole monthly contest thing because the theme hear actually gives me a bit of an idea but now its to late with only a few days to go. I'll look into the next one.

AHA my story is done :D
I shall be uploading it A.S.A.P .. currently not at home so I an't >.>

So can this have angry sex?
Sort of a love-hate relationship thing?

Vexy
Group Admin

I've mentioned absolutely no rules on the rating, so feel free to submit whatever you like in that regard. :twilightsmile:

As long as you follow the prompt and the two characters get closer over the duration of the fic, you have filled the criteria. I'm always far too loose with criteria. :rainbowlaugh:

Vexy
Group Admin

Cheese!

This is not a psychological assessment!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 50