Straight Shipping 2,895 members · 6,619 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
Vexy
Group Admin

Le banner.

I was surfing through my imgur drive, and I realized I'd thrown this together, but then decided I didn't like it. In retrospect, I think it looks satisfactory enough to be our next banner! (not because of the fact that I haven't posted a new banner in three weeks or anything...)

Also the OC-tober competition was a huge success (even if I barely even realized it had ended...), and the results of which can be found right here.

Congratulations once again to River Road. This reminds me that you'll need to send me a PM with either a picture or a description of your OC. I expect your artist will also have a few extra questions on top of that when the time draws around. Hopefully we'll be able to spruce up our boring OC folder and its lack of a banner. (or lack of a serious minimalist one).

Finally, Season 4 has started (Discord is seriously best villain!), and as such I think I might throw a competition again. If not in this group, then perhaps over in the SpikeDash group. Lord knows how I lovez me mah SpikeDash.

If y'all wanna throw any ideas onto the table, then feel free. Perhaps a competition involving tentacles white 'Alicorn' liquid Discord in a rather dashing maid outfit Celestia and Luna being abducted Season 4 shenanigans?

Or if you're all out of ideas, then what do you think of this week's banner? RariPants - yay or nay? :moustache:

I like it. Much more diverse than Big Mac getting all of the mares in both the banner and group icon.

2250141 Nay to RariPants I say! We need something like Sparity, SoarinDash, CheeriMac, or something.

Vexy
Group Admin

but they're all so boring! :duck:

2253327 Not as boring as FlutterMac. If you want Fancy Pants so bad, how about FancyFleur (Fleur De Lis X Fancy Pants)?

Vexy
Group Admin

I don't think you're hearing me - we need something interesting - like Cloudchaser x Snowflake!:rainbowkiss:

2253327 isn't Fancy married, though?

Vexy
Group Admin

Not heard that one myself, no.

how about a nice Dislestia?

Vexy
Group Admin

I've never read a fic where they were married. I've read a lot of Raripants shipfics, though. :twilightsmile:

As for Dislestia? Sounds like a plan. :moustache:

I've never read a fic where they were married. I've read a lot of Raripants shipfics, though. :twilightsmile:

In the immortal words of Toph...

This fandom is weird :applejackunsure:

Vexy
Group Admin

Why? Shipping a background character with a main character vs. two background characters?

To be honest, I think that's one of the more typical things that this fandom has done. :rainbowlaugh:

2253430 I believe there are some fics of these two together and there are pics of these two as a couple. Let's go with that and replace RariPants with CloudFlake.

I think it would be interesting to see a competition where Sombra had to be shipped with some mare. :moustache:

Vexy
Group Admin

I'd like to do something like that, but then I'd feel as if I'm being too specific to King Sombra. There are, after all, groups already dedicated to him. To throw a competition focusing solely on him feels a little biased. :unsuresweetie:

True. Maybe a competition dedicated to shipping villains and antagonists in general?

2250141 The next banner should be LyraSpike. :rainbowkiss:

Vexy
Group Admin

I've already been warned by my admins that I risk overshipping Spike in the banners.

Gotta avoid bias, y'know. :raritywink:

You know... I actually think that's a pretty neat idea. I might just take this to heart. :trixieshiftright:

Vexy
Group Admin

That's borderline crack shipping. :rainbowlaugh: You realize he spat out her apple fritter and called it peasant food, right?

Maybe he just doesn't like apples:derpytongue2:. And that's already some conflict for the story.

2273976 Applejack didn't give him the real apple fritter. :raritywink: Besides, all Blueblood ships, beside Rarity, are crack ships. Hell, 90% of all straight ships are crack ships.

Vexy
Group Admin

Well, I suppose that would depend on your definition of crack shipping.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23