The Fillyfoolers 3,490 members · 3,948 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Hello everyone, I've been having difficulty getting beyond the summary page with fics lately, :pinkiesad2: so I thought maybe if it were something someone else would recommend something then I'd be more likely to find something I enjoy reading as opposed to digging for those "diamonds in the rough" so to speak. I figure the best way to do this is to ask what is/are your favorite shipfic or shipfics and why to a certain extent (no spoilers of course). If enough people respond, maybe this post can help more than just me. :twilightsmile:

Do you have a particular pairing or pairings that you like?

I've got a whole shelf of highly recommended romance stories (well, its just a highly recommended stories shelf, but I sorted by story tag) which is mostly F/F shipping, but there are some excellent straight shipfics on that list as well (Bad Horse's The Magician and the Detective is very good, for instance).

But for ease of laziness, some of the very best F/F shipfics:

4756631 Well I have one that came up just a little bit ago. It's an HiE girl x mare(s) called Embers Awoken. There's only one chapter up right now and it may or may not be a lesbian herd, I'm not sure about that just yet but so far it's really good. You can also try I'll Always Be There For and it's sequel by the Abyss. Both are Rainbow x Twilight ships with Scootadoption added in.

4756655 To be honest, as long as it's well written and not heavily focused on m/m shipping, I can enjoy almost any ship. If I had to pick, f/f ships involving Celestia, Luna, or Chrysalis tend to be really good to me. Also any good ship fic with Maude Pie, she's my favorite and getting her characterization right without attributing it to something that can be "fixed" over time (i.e. a mental disorder, a childhood trauma, etc.) in a ship fic is a very difficult task and always worth a read to me.

4756662 Thanks, I tend to prefer finished works if only because anticipation kills and another chapter may not be released for years, but I'll be sure to give them a read. :twilightsmile:

4756782 I'll Always Be Here For You has been finished for a while now and Embers Awoken, well hopefully that one gets an update soon. I really wanna see where it goes.

Imo the best shipping story on the site is Salvation by Cold In Gardenz, for what that fic is, it is super under-rated. Its also RariDash so thats good.

I thought it might be nice to put a few favorites of my own on here. The first two are pretty long, nowhere near Fallout: Equestria long, of course but if you don't like long reads these two won't be for you.
The Teacher, the Sorceress, and the Wonderbolt, and its sequels I Would Do Anything for Love and Love's Been a Little Bit Hard on Me by Wrabbit Cheerilee x Trixie x Spitfire x Twilight, Rarity x Applejack, Pinkie Pie x Rainbow Dash, OC x OC, OC x Background Character, etc. (by which I mean I probably forgot at least one)
Winds of Change by ClanCrusher Twilight Sparkle x Chrysalis
In the Pale Moonlight by LDSocrates Princess Luna x Rarity
As Soft as Stone by TheaWinters Maud Pie x Ms. Harshwhinny
Daisy Chain Part 2: Maud Pie x Applejack by crowscrowcrow Maud Pie x Applejack
I hope at least one of these is new to someone here. :twilightsmile:

4756883 Looking at the posting dates it seems to update nearly monthly which is great, I look forward to reading it. :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8