Sweetie Belle 1,642 members · 2,666 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Sweetiebot is a"thing" that seems pretty popular, so I was just wondering; does anyone have any other "alternate" takes on Sweetie Belle that they really like?

Can anyone recommend good fiction with those AU!Sweetie's?

Sweetie Belle actually pretty much has the monopoly on good CMC AUs.

I'd start with Scion of Chaos and its sequels, by Silent Belle.

If you're looking for something more out there in the ether, Wanderer D's The Sweetie Chronicles: Fragments is a thing. A thing I would recommend to anyone just for the four chapters that cross into Capn Chrysallid's The Best Night Ever. The rest of the fic is a mixed bag of quality, but... man... those four chapters. I think they might be singlehandedly responsible for a lot of my love of Sweetie Belle.

4470396 I made her an elysian from megaman legends 2 in one of my stories, does that count?

I don't reallt know a lot of AU Sweeties. The only ones I've heard of is Sweetie Bot and that demon from FiW.

But to drop a story I can suggest A Little Loopy, if you like timey wimey stuffs.

--Sollace

4470396 The thing with the AU tag is that most people don't really use the thing. Not unless it's really far out there or completely altering canon. If you're serious about some good Sweetie Belle AU stories though, I got some big recommendations then before from 1 being most recommended and rest in descending order of what I'd recommend reading. Though I'm still not sure what your own definition of AU would be, but below are my recommendations not yet listed here.

#1 https://www.fimfiction.net/story/137437/three-wishes-the-cutie-mark-crusaders-before-they-changed-the-world
It might feel as if it's trying to mary sue an already near mary sue cast of characters, almost parodying fanfics of old, but it's not. It's a true story of what it means to find yourself. To really get to know what you are... and then FREAK THE HELL OUT WHEN YOU DO!

Fantastic story. Much feels. And by the end of it all, you'll be glad you stuck with it. Avoid comments as they are super spoiler heavy. I think. Author tends to frown on spoiler comments so you should be okay. A must read for all AU fans who adore the CMC. Each get their own arcs and they all intertwine beautifully by its end. I can't speak for the sequel, as it's not complete and so I won't recommend an incomplete story, but this is certainly a must.

#2 https://www.fimfiction.net/story/68400/diamond-tiara-likes-anime Sweetie Belle has this level-headed innocence and naivety that just gets captured really well here. She's not played as the butt of every joke and manages to retain the charms from the show that made her so lovable, only with added depth to her character so she's less flat as compared to her earlier seasons where she was mostly a doormat.

#3 https://www.fimfiction.net/story/147878/evil-belle There is a whole three stories that I'm aware of that's all about Sweetie Belle being 'evil'. And being the Sweetie Belle that she is. She does evil in a way that only Sweetie Belle can: Badly

If looking for a short and comedic romp. This is your stop.

#4 https://www.fimfiction.net/story/199274/this-is-the-most-absurd-sweetie-belle-x-spike-shipfic-you-will-ever-read What can I say? It lives up to its name. I've yet to read a Sweetie x Spike fic since that made me like the ship as much as this one here managed to pull off. It would be higher if not for the oft times random and aloof style author narrating randomness. It both helps and hurts the fic.

#5 https://www.fimfiction.net/story/44523/auntie-rarity (Say what you will but this is one epic trip of a soap opera style fic! If you want 11pm-1pm soaps, this is your fic.) This story is based around Sweetie Belle and the love of her life. At least he was. Until she told him she was pregnant. Join Sweetie Belle and her now pregnant self going through life as she tries to mend relationships, burn bridges, and just plain go through everything near imaginable that a soap opera could ever throw at you. Enjoy. It's a heck of a ride!

#6 https://www.fimfiction.net/story/194918/the-unbearable-lightness-of-being-sweetie-belle I'm putting this here because it did sort of give us a look at a condition and mentality that some people do seem to go through in life. The story, which is more episodic than what I'm used to, shows a unique side to Sweetie Belle that honestly I haven't seen explored in a fanfic. It's not, in my opinion, the best executed way of tackling it. But as far as Sweetie Belle stories go, it's still an AU that's pretty unique and interesting. Perhaps the lack of a resolution just left a bitter taste in my mouth, but I just don't enjoy episodic fanfics of this nature.

Note: I tried to focus on stories that were mostly, or at least slightly more leaning towards, being Sweetie Belle centric AU stories with unique/interesting takes on different Sweetie Belle themes. This is not my top 5 favorites of all time. These are however some of the more interesting takes on Sweetie Belle I've seen around here and genuinely enjoyed.

Note2: #1 is about the whole group so her part will take longer to resolve and a fic that IS among some my top recommendations for CMC related stories.

---

I personally like to see her as a writer. One who sneaked one too many of Rarity's sappy and exaggerated romance novels to her room and figured she, too, would try and get a cutie mark in the field. I have only a small section in a quick Apri Foal's Day fic about that take on Sweetie Belle, but no need to check it out as it's not Sweetie Belle centric.

But that's my favorite take of her, at least; An armature romance novelist who does it more for her own gratification. Much to others annoyance as she often picks one of her friends or family member to sample her works. Often times being Scootaloo whose stuck with nothing better to do during days Apple Bloom can't play with them due to farm/family related reasons.

I had this idea where Sweaty Bowel played the role of a police detective with a heroin addiction. And she's a loose cannon. Her chief is always on her case. She passes the drug screening by stealing urine samples from the men's bathroom at the station. And she doesn't play by the rules. Nopony's rules. Not even her own.

4470396 I was about to suggest a Thrackerzod clopfic, but then I recognized your name. Never mind me.

Personally, I'd like to see some Sweetie Poo (an AU version from tumblr) fiction. That tumblr cracks me up.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I'd really like to see au's with Sweetie Bat instead of Sweetie Bot, but I don't remember anypony doing it yet.

AU's, though? Well, some have already been mentioned, but...

The Adventures of Sweetie Belle.jpg - You've got to admit that an au version of me as a jpg file is pretty unique.

Sweetie_Belle.jpg is a fantastic file, doing her duty and sending electronic heart attacks into the populace at large. But her life isn't all copy and paste, there's trouble in Equestria.zip, and only Sweetie_Belle.jpg can restore peace to the numerous files and codes in Cheerilee's_Classroom.exe.

Sweetie_Belle.jpg will travel far and wide to solve the mystery of the corrupted Diamond_Tiara.png, with her friends at her side: Flightless_Chicken.gif and Apple_Bloom.png.

This is their story.

Thunder Struck - This is Sweetie Bot, but it's Sweetie Bot on Earth! And it's really good.

A Sweetie Bot Story

Stephanie enjoys a lot of things: reading, engineering, programming, advanced physics, and, of course, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The result of these hobbies and habits is a little robotic filly, named Sweetie Belle. It was a pet project, something she started for herself on a whim one night, and worked on since before she started college. She has a job now, and is a young adult with everything in order the way it should be.

Until something unexpected happens, anyway.

Dreamlocked - This is totally unique, and you need to read it.

"My name is Sweetie Belle, and I live in a world where night lasts forever."

It all began on the Summer Sun Celebration in Ponyville, a little more than a year ago. Nightmare Moon, the mare thought to be a mere legend has returned and changed our world. She forbid the sun from rising ever again, she broke our spirits and sowed seeds of distrust and sadness amongst us.

She invaded our dreams, poured nightmares into them to make us live in fear, make us obey. And those who didn't obey, ended up in dreamlocked prisons built of their dreams, wishes and fears, with no hope of returning to the real world.

As for myself... I just want my sister back.

Those that are the main stories that come to mind now, though I'm sure more will later.

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8