• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 3,126 Views, 142 Comments

Master of Dimensions, Pleaser of Crowds. - Dimentio



Dimentio drags a surprised closet-brony into Equestria. Along the way, he learns of the magic of friendshi-Nope! Instead Dimentio begins a new quest to destroy everything and create his own perfect dimensions that he may rule.

  • ...
8
 142
 3,126

Chapter seven: Assistance and Ancient Artifacts.(Revised)

Assistance and Ancient Artifacts


The pause between Twilight and John was interrupted by the sound of a carriage landing outside They heard some footsteps coming towards the door and soon they heard a light knock on the door.

"It's the princess!" Twilight proclaimed as she dashed to the door and opened it for her mentor.

"Where is the human?" Celestia asked in a pleasant tone that seemed to conceal a slight bit of venom.

"I'm over here princess." John said politely.

"Good, I must speak with you privately." Celestia said with a hint of urgency as she rushed John up the stairs.

"I'm guessing you received Twilight's letter." John said as he prepared to discuss plans as to how to stop Dimentio's twisted plans.

"Do you have any idea what you have brought into this world?" The princess asked as she lost her cool and glared daggers at the flinching human.

"Yeah, I do actually. Which is why we need to figure out what to do about him." John said as he attempted to calm the princess down.

"What do you know?" Celestia said in a slightly calmer tone.

"I know the gist of what Dimentio wants to do, as well as most of his capabilities." John replied.

"Perhaps I have misjudged you." Celestia said.

"Look, I brought him here by accident, but that doesn't mean it isn't my responsibility... Granted his plan would involve destroying this dimension either way." John said sulking slightly.

"What?" Celestia asked looking up towards John.

"I said it's my responsibility." John replied with a bit more determination.

"Such nobility, in a human... Your race has come a long way since I last scried the Earthrealm." Celestia said thoughtfully.

"That's debatable. Wait a second, you scried my dimension!" John said.

Yes, many centuries ago... It was a vile and corrupt time for your people. Although these days it is a little better"

"Most times are vile and corrupt times there. But things have improved, although some things could still use some work. "

"Surely you jest." Celestia said taken aback.

"Nope, and it isn't because that most humans are evil. In fact many of them are probably the kindest beings you have ever met" John said to stop her assumptions dead in her tracks.

"Then why, pray tell, do you say such things?" Celestia asked.

"The good people tend to be the quiet ones." John replied with a shrug. "Some of the good humans that let their voice be heard end up dead. But for the most part they end up just being ignored." John said this as if it were common knowledge. Celestia seemed shocked and appalled.

"How can your people survive like that?" Celestia queried.

"You can say we thrive in difficult situations. Although recently many of our politicians have been trying their best to listen. Regardless, Dimentio is a serious problem. As much as I'd like to say 'I'll handle this', I know I can't do it alone." John responded.

"I understand, you should know that I will do everything in my power to help you along your quest." Celestia responded.

"Thanks, but we're dealing with one of the cleverest villains in the multiverse, not to mention one of the least predictable."

"Hmm, one of the least predictable." Celestia responded tapping her chin with a hoof... She had an idea.


Meanwhile, wherever Dimentio was


"So, you said that you would help me draw in a crowd...how do you plan on doing that exactly?" Trixie asked aloud.

"A magician never reveals his secrets." Dimentio responded simply. "Even if I did tell you, that would ruin the surprise."

"Don't use that old line." Trixie retorted with a hint of anger

"And why not? It is relevant is it not?" Dimentio asked innocently.

"No, no it isn't. Trixie managed to book a show in Ponyville surprisingly enough, so she'll need to know if you plan on doing anything that she should be aware of." Trixie explained

"Nothing that you should be aware of." Dimentio retorted. "It just so happens that I have business there too."

The pair were silent for the next five or six minutes. While Trixie walked and dragged the wagon behind her, Dimentio explored her mind and looked for anything he could exploit.

"So, if you're a magician, why has Trixie never heard of you." Trixie asked suspiciously.

"Speaking in third-person loses its novelty when it's your usual way of talking." Dimentio responded.

"Answer Trixi-I mean MY question." Trixie said as she got slightly riled up at the jester.

"I told you when we first met, I am the master of dimensions." Dimentio answered.

"So, you're from another dimension? Why did you come to this one?"

"Ah, that is a story that one as unintelligent as yourself would have difficulty understanding." Dimentio replied.

"What was that?" Trixie asked angrily. "What makes you think you can just stay in Trix-I mean my mind and insult my intelligence!?"

"So many questions, you're almost making me miss the human." Dimentio said.

"Seeing as you aren't going to just leave my mind... Could you just stop messing around for a moment and let me think?" Trixie asked tiredly.

"Messing around? Oh, no. Magic is no laughing matter. I am always deadly serious. Besides, I can do all of the thinking." Dimentio replied.

"That's not going to happen... Look, we're almost here so could you please just get ready for the show? You better wow the crowd like you said you would." Trixie requested.

"My dear, I am always ready for a show. So, do you have any interesting stories to tell about this place?" Dimentio asked curiously.

"Well, last time I was here, I went crazy with power." Trixie said remembering all of the ponies she had hurt. She was sure it was all water under the bridge now, but she had her doubts.

"With power you say?" Dimentio asked curiously.

"Yes, I had gotten the Alicorn Amulet. It grants enormous power, but it fills one with the lust for more." Trixie said sadly. Dimentio payed no mind to the second part, he already had a lust for power.

"So, this 'Alicorn Amulet' is very powerful yes? Where is it?" Dimentio said from inside of Trixie's head. It didn't really matter if she answered truthfully or not, Dimentio was searching her memories to find any mention of the artifact.

"Last time I saw it, Zecora locked it up." Trixie said with a sigh.

"And where is this Zecora?" Dimentio asked

"She has a hut deep inside the Everfree forest. It won’t matter anyway, she won't give it up. It's gone forever." Trixie said slightly nervous about Dimentio's tone.

"Forever is such a strong word. But I may remedy that in time..."Dimentio said ominously.


Revised with help from Setheroth