• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 3,126 Views, 142 Comments

Master of Dimensions, Pleaser of Crowds. - Dimentio



Dimentio drags a surprised closet-brony into Equestria. Along the way, he learns of the magic of friendshi-Nope! Instead Dimentio begins a new quest to destroy everything and create his own perfect dimensions that he may rule.

  • ...
8
 142
 3,126

Chapter 18: Stuff Happens

Chapter 18: Stuff Happens

A thud resounded throughout the training grounds as I once again collapsed. My entire body was sore, every muscle either strained or just exhausted. This had become a regular thing over the past week, but I wasn't quite used to it yet. The latest circle of hell presented to me by Prince Hardass was a 'reflex exercise'. Dodging Fireside swooping in and attempting to clock me in the head and blocking Stone Hull hurling rocks at my chest with a small but surprisingly heavy shield made out of what I assumed to be iron.

"Hey, you lasted five minutes longer than last time!" Fireside yelled encouragingly as she landed to check me for any serious injuries. I was pretty badly bruised and generally sore, but still kicking. The pair had been certain that none of their strikes had any chance of killing me...probably so that I couldn't use magic to defend myself. On the occasion it still activated, but not often enough to save me from one hell of a beating. The pain of using it was less every time it activated...that or I was in so much pain on the outside that a mild headache didn't phase me.

"Get your sorry ass up, do you really think that Dimentio will give you time to recover?" Stone Hull asked as he kicked me in the ribs, I managed to roll over and groan. Any attempts to get up or fight back were futile, at least until Twilight, Rarity, and Pinkie walked up to help pick me up. If it hadn't been for the Mane six, I'd probably have died in the first three days of Shining's 'conditioning'.

"C'mon Sis, you can't coddle him." Shining said as he approached as well.Somehow his wounds were already healed. Probably something to do with magic. "We need him ready to face Dimentio as soon as possible."

"Well he'll never be able to fight anybody if you kill him!" Twilight argued back as she levitated a water bottle that I quickly chugged.

"She's right, if Dimentio attacked right now, I wouldn't be able to even move." I said agreeing with Twilight and finally managing to stand...well as well as I possibly could.

"Even if you were well rested right now, Dimentio would wipe the floor with you." Shining deadpanned. "Besides, we're almost done with the physical training, lasting five minutes against Fireside and Stone Hull is pretty impressive. Physically, you've improved quite a bit, so I think my methods are effective enough."

"If not Borderline homicidal." I replied. "I need a break, if you keep pushing me, I'll probably break something." He probably would have shot my request for some type of reprieve off if it hadn't been for Twilight and her friends' death glares.

"A fair point. I guess we could all use a bit of a break. You have three days, after that we'll get to work on honing your magic." Shining Conceded uneasily.

"Thank God." I said as I finally allowed myself to pass out.


"This has been fun Starswirl, really it has...But I tire of this." Dimentio said with a sigh. "I'll offer once more, relinquish my property or face punishment for your treason."

"How are you...so powerful...again?" Discord asked through heavy breaths.

"Well, I don't think you're in the position to ask those kinds of questions. That insane demeanor of yours is fading a bit old friend, I suppose I was right in saying that your feeble mind couldn't cope with that power." Dimentio said as he dusted himself off.

"I won't let you retake your throne. Your order ruined this land." Discord said as his mind raced with memories from millennium past.

"I have no interest in ruling these ponies...no, I have plans that spit on the title of king." Dimentio said as he teleported to Discord's side and lifted his hand to his throat. "And those plans require more power than I have right now."

"No..." Discord said weakly as Dimentio reclaimed his power. His form slowly reverted to that of a pathetically old Pony with an irregularly large beard.

"Tsk Tsk, Starswirl. I really wish you had simply allowed me to take it, now I have to wait for it to regenerate...Quite the delay." Dimentio said as he left the old pony to die in the forest. "Now, Crump should be finishing his preparations..."


"I'm not sure Lord Crump...Do you really think we should be following this guy?" An X-Naut asked me, almost as if questioning my leadership.

"I'm sure Grodus would approve. Buh Buh, These horses won't stand a chance." I said, completely certain that these backwater creatures were completely defenseless. My superior brain power would surely make this an easy operation. Already, my specially appointed stealth force was doing reconnaissance and had probably already subdued the enemy leader.


Being completely honest with myself...this disguise was amazing. I'm really just glad I got the front half. X-Naut One happens to be blindly moving forward with me in an attempt to keep up. While I, X-naut A, bravely leading this two man team to...uh...do that thing that Lord Crump told us to do that I definitely remember. I was totally listening and not just jumping at the chance to use this horse cost-disguise that I've had since the Halloween party a few years back.

"Psst, hey A, we need to stick to the plan." One said stupidly, obviously doubting my greatness.

"Yeah, I know...Which part of the plan do you think we should execute first?" I asked cleverly showing that I definitely know what I'm talking about.

"The part that involves-uhoh, we're not alone in this costume." One said, thinking he could make me look.

"This Pony disguise is really good, I knew I sensed two new ponies-or whatever you two are! But I only saw one at first so I decided to get up in here and investigate." The voice was punctuated by my part of the disguise being flooded with pink and what seemed like cotton candy.

Author's Note:

I cut the Discord V Dimentio battle because I felt like it'd be almost impossible for me to write. I'll leave it up to you the readers. I do think however, that it's obvious that Dimentio has been growing in power exponentially since he has returned. There is plenty of stuff that I plan on revisiting later, this might end up being one of them.