• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 3,126 Views, 142 Comments

Master of Dimensions, Pleaser of Crowds. - Dimentio



Dimentio drags a surprised closet-brony into Equestria. Along the way, he learns of the magic of friendshi-Nope! Instead Dimentio begins a new quest to destroy everything and create his own perfect dimensions that he may rule.

  • ...
8
 142
 3,126

Chapter five: Hands, Ribbons, and Insidious Plots

Hands, Ribbons and Insidious Plots


A short walk later...

The group arrived at a large carousel-like building that John recognized as Rarity's place of business. As they entered Rainbow Dash held up a hoof towards John.

" Applejack, Spike, and I are going to talk to her first. We don't want her throwing needles at you or anything." Rainbow said as if the 'throwing needles' part was just a minor inconvenience. Without another word the group (excluding John) entered the boutique.

After kicking pebbles outside the door for a bit, John decided to look around for a moment. It seemed he had attracted quite a bit of attention, one of the ponies staring seemed incredibly excited. The mint-green pony was literally bouncing, she had another pony beside her that looked slightly annoyed at her antics but also fairly stunned by John's presence.

"Omigosh, oh Celestia yes! yes yes yes!" The mint green unicorn (John knew her name was Lyra) seemed to bounce with every word as if the situation was getting more and more exciting. In reality, John was still just standing there and hoping that he would be able to get inside the boutique soon. He brought his attention back to the green unicorn and noticed she had vanished.

"Hey!" Lyra said right up in John's face causing him to stumble backwards against the door.

"The fu-"John attempted to react to the sudden intrusion on his personal space.

"You're a human! I can't believe it, a real live human in Ponyville!" Lyra practically squealed into John's face.

"Uh, yeah." John said as he attempted to back up away from the excited pony only to find himself cornered against the door.

"Buckin' right 'yeah'! and you have hands!" Lyra let out another squeal.

"Most humans do. Uh, can I have mine back?" John said as Lyra seemed to latch to his left arm.

"Lyra, that's enough. Leave the poor guy alone." the pony that had been with her a moment ago (obviously Bon Bon) stepped in.

"But-but hands!"

"No, buts I'm sure he wouldn't mind speaking with you later. Would you?" Bon Bon asked nicely.

"Sure, I guess. My name's John by the way."

"Nice to meet you, my name is Bon Bon and this is Lyra."

"Nice to meet you too, I'm just going to go inside now. Bye!" John said as he slipped into the Carousel Boutique.

"Hi!" John heard as he turned around to see...nobody.

"Down here!" a voice said sounding slightly annoyed. John looked down to see a small unicorn filly.

"Oh, sorry...hi." John said uneasily as the scrupulous eyes of the young filly seemed to scan him.

"You must be the 'monster' Spike, Rainbow Dash and Applejack were telling Rarity about. My name's Sweetie Bell!" She said excitedly.

"My name is John. Where are spike, Rainbow, Applejack, and Rarity anyway?" John asked as he scratched the back of his neck.

"They're up in Rarity's room. I think Rarity wanted to make something for you before you came in." Sweetie replied innocently.

"Well the situation outside was starting to get a bit too...awkward for my tastes, I'm sure Rarity wouldn't mind if I waited downstairs would she?" John asked cautiously.

"I doubt it, she's caught up in one of her 'idea!'s." Sweetie Bell said mockingly imitating Rarity at the end.

"I heard that!" Came a voice that was unmistakably Rarity's.

"Sorry!" Sweetie Bell yelped back.

"Is he down there?" Rarity called down again.

"Yeah!" Sweetie called back up.

"Why didn't he just wait patiently outside?" Rarity called down sounding more curious than displeased. Sweetie Bell looked to John, expecting John to answer the question.

"Lyra was out there!" John called upstairs eliciting an almost incoherent 'oh' from upstairs. Within seconds Rainbow Dash and Applejack were downstairs.

"What happened!?" Rainbow asked anxiously as if she should have thought about the whole Lyra and humans thing.

"She freaked out and wouldn't let go of my hand, luckily Bon Bon was around to force her off of me." John said shuddering at the memory.

"I'm sooo sorry, I forgot about Lyra's obsession with humans. Honestly we all thought they didn't exist until about...what time did you show up?" Rainbow asked.

"I don't even know what time it is now." John shrugged.

"It's about six-thirty." Rainbow said glancing at a clock that John hadn't seen before.

"Anyway, why didn't you two come and tell me it was alright to come in?"

"Well...Rarity wanted to give you something. She looked out the window and noticed you were wearing clothes so, she decided to make you a few outfits."

"How's she going to do that without any measurements?" John asked cautiously.

"I'm not." Rarity said as she opened her door and walked down the small staircase. She was wearing glasses and carried a bit of measuring tape.

"I simply had to jot down the ideas I had when I first saw you." Rarity said as if she had to explain her actions. She pulled out a stool in order to reach every area of John's anatomy to measure him.

Rarity continued measuring John for a few more moments and eventually she let the tape retract into the container she was holding with her magic.

"All done." Rarity chirped. "I'll show you a few sketches tomorrow, for now I have to go prepare for Pinkie's party tonight." Rarity said as she shooed everyone (excluding Sweetie Bell of course) out of the building.

"So...Fluttershy next, right?"


Within the Everfree Forest a few hours later.

Dimentio wandered around the forest humming to himself. He had not completely abandoned John's mind, he left a shadow behind so he could moniter the human. In the meantime; he had managed to escape the area that John had occupied without alerting anyone.

Dimentio was not exactly alone, his new companion was a large manticore with a bit of a plant poking out of its mane. The plant was a floro sprout-like plant that Dimentio had found deep in the forest.

"Hmm, I think I shall simply call you Monti the manticorn," Dimentio said as a small joke to himself. He could see a bit of use from the ferocious beast that he had completely under his control.

Another few minute of floating around and killing a few creatures that seemed to get in his way, Dimentio and Monti came upon a wagon that seemed to be camped out in the forest, a firepit that was naught but embers at this point suggesting the owner had retired for the night. On the wagon a small flag with a wand crossing what seemed to be a slightly misshaped moon.

"Ooh, a fellow magician...this should be interesting." Dimentio said with a slight bit of excitement in his tone.

Author's Note:

The plot thickens slightly. This is when I start writing for Dimentio separately. Chapters should get longer and much more interesting after this ...Well, here's the usual spiel; I need prereaders and such. Also, once I get up to thirty or so likes, I will do a Q&A with Dimentio.