• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 3,126 Views, 142 Comments

Master of Dimensions, Pleaser of Crowds. - Dimentio



Dimentio drags a surprised closet-brony into Equestria. Along the way, he learns of the magic of friendshi-Nope! Instead Dimentio begins a new quest to destroy everything and create his own perfect dimensions that he may rule.

  • ...
8
 142
 3,126

Chapter eleven: Allies and Powers

Allies and Powers


John realized that he was once again in the 'void' of his mind. This time it seemed that he was alone...Or not. He spotted Dimentio's form nearby and drifted near only to realize that it wasn't truly him, not exactly anyway. In the place of Dimentio's mask was just a black void. The faceless Dimentio stared blankly and silently into space.

"I think I like him better this way. Don’t you?" Discord said as he appeared beside John.

"What's wrong with him? I thought you said you wouldn't really destroy Dimentio."

"I wouldn't and I didn't. This was just a copy of him, something he was using to keep you within his grasp...I simply removed his link to it.” Discord said.

“And that means?” John asked.

“It means that you have his powers...kind of.”

“Kind of?” John asked excitedly.

“Well, you don’t control them...he does.” Discord said gesturing at the braindead Dimentio clone.

“Wait what? He’s practically a zombie.” John said incredulously

“Aha, that’s the amazing thing.” Discord said as if there was some kind of twist to it.

“What?!” John asked losing his limited patience.

“Well...When I removed the link, I noticed that your instinct to survive had grown quite attached to him.” The
chaotic god said as if it were simple.

“Meaning?” John asked Discord, turning to face him, his interest suddenly intrigued.

“The powers will activate only when they will save your life!” Discord said clapping, as John continued to stare at the clone of Dimento.

“So-” John began as Discord raised his hand quietly then snapping, interrupting John who went silent. As if by magic, John found himself miles above Ponyville floating. Clouds swirled around him as floated up in the air; Discord laughing maniacally as if enjoying watching him struggle. The chaotic god then snapped his fingers.

“Test time!” Discord yelled as he allowed John to plummet to the ground below.

“DISCORD!?!?!?” John yelled as if the draconequus would help him as he fell to what he assumed was his doom. The air whistled around him, as he screamed to the heavens. The ground getting closer and closer as Johns life flashed before his very eyes. His eyes were covered with trembling hands as John awaited his death.

Seconds before he hit the ground though; the world distorted below him as if it was just water. The ground rippling as Johns descent slowed. He was suddenly thrust back upwards as if gravity had been reversed. John was screaming again, this time with a mix of confusion and disbelief as the sky came closer and closer.

“Huh?” John said as he uncovered his eyes to see that he was not a new addition to the ground. He was just flying up towards the sky, he looked to the side to see Pinkie Pie skydiving beside him, she offered a salute and then disappeared...Wait what?

John continued to stare as the pink pony giggled and fell to the ground before deploying her parachute, which was pink and had her cutie mark on it.

John thought about how he could possibly get out of this situation and about the absurdity of what he was thrust into, when he suddenly slowed down as gravity began to take hold again, he began to panic internally again, starting the whole episode of terror again as he fell to the ground again. As he fell, he suddenly felt the light impact of dirt on his back as John hit the ground with a thump. It winded him slightly, but he was okay. He looked around to see that he had landed safely on the ground.

“What the hell?” John asked disoriented. The situation soon caught up with him, and he began to laugh hysterically as he fist pumped the air.

“That looked like fun...Want to do it again?” Discord asked as he suddenly materialized in front of John.

“No!” John yelled snapping away from his hysteria for a moment to deny Discord his request.. Without warning Discord snapped his fingers and the process repeated, save for Pinkie’s appearance. John felt slightly drained. after the episode repeated itself.

“I seem to have forgotten the catch.” Discord said as he examined the flailing human.

“Wh-what’s that?” John asked with a tired yet cautious tone.

“Using this power drains you...Ironically enough, it can also kill you.” Discord said as if the irony should have been funny.

“You’re...an asshole.” John said as he passed out from exhaustion, his breath leaving him as the whole world went black.


Back in the Everfree


Dimentio concluded his immediate business with the Changelings and set off towards the Crystal Kingdom. Trixie gave her input as to what the snowy place was like, and how they could infiltrate the stronghold that the Heart was kept in.


“Trixie, I don’t believe you understand how trivial this task is. You ponies are not very formidable opponents.” Dimentio said condescendingly as he crossed his arms and faced the blue unicorn.

“One of the leaders is an alicorn, alicorns are not to be toyed with, as they are the most powerful things in Equestria, next to the all powerful Trixie.” She said, with caution in her tone.

“Ah, but everyone is to be toyed with...you just have to know how.” Dimentio stated as he smiled and waved one of his hands in the air, like a performer who just took a bow.

“Fine, I’ll allow you to handle this.” Trixie said indignantly.

“Allow? My dear, I am afraid you don’t understand our arrangement.” Dimentio said with the wag of a finger.

“I understand our arrangement...sir.” Trixie said through gritted teeth, she glared at Diminto with annoyance.

“Sir?” Dimentio questioned.”I’d rather you just used my name.”

“Fine, okay Dimentio.” She sighed as she rolled her eyes.

“That’s better.” Dimentio said, ignoring the rolling eyes and the annoyance of her tone.

“Well, is there anything you need to know about the Crystal Kingdom?” Trixie asked.

“Well, there is one thing. The Alicorn with the sun on her flank raises the sun...what does this Alicorn in this place do?” Dimentio asked curiously, he put a hand on his chin as though he was deep in thought; he looked at Trixie as he awaited her answer.

“Her name is Princess Cadence...her power is over love.” Trixie stated with a hint of hesitation. Dimentio’s expression was suddenly changed into one of disgust and terror.

“Who would want such vile powers?” He asked as he feigned heaving.

“It’s really not so disgusting.” Trixie said annoyed.

“But it is!” Dimentio yelled. A moment later he shuddered and regained his composure.

“If it’s such a big deal, why don’t you just ‘deal with her’?” Trixie suggested as she stomped her hoof on the ground, like a filly having a tantrum.

“Ooh...now there’s an idea.” Dimentio said as his grin grew ominously, “Yes... a wonderful idea indeed.”

He laughed hysterically as Trixie nervously joined in.

Proofread by NightingaleHound
Edited by ChanglingLumin

Author's Note:

You may notice the massive change in quality for this chapter. As much as I'd like to take credit for such a feat, it was all the work of my new editor ChanglingLumin. This guy is definitely good at what he does (understatement). You may have also noticed the story's coverart has changed to something relevant, that would be the work of Desrium whom I would definitely recommend. My earlier chapters were reviewed by Vadram. Who told me that he had never done it before (after such detailed reviews I began to doubt him slightly). Lots of great people mentioned here, and for good reason.

PS: I'm going to attempt to make a Q&A chapter so...leave your questions in the comments. Dimentio would be happy to answer your questions.

"Sure...'happy'"