• Published 10th May 2013
  • 648 Views, 9 Comments

The Warden - Amethyst-ACE



A dramatic tale of a young mare and her changeling lover.

  • ...
0
 9
 648

The Finale

It was late and quiet as the grave when ACE returned to Ponyville. He moved to the part of the town where the stage had been set up for Lilly, where he found the entire populace of Ponyville. They were holding a funeral for ACE, who was believed to be dead. Killed by changelings in service to Lilly. A small memorial to him was hung up behind the stage. In front of it Lilly was singing a soft memorial hymn with tears in her eyes. There were no instruments to accompany it. ACE also noticed Princess Luna sitting in the VIP spot that had been prepared for her. She also seemed sad. Seeing her was odd, for ACE had never even met her. It’s not like she could go into the dreams of changelings.

ACE didn’t know what to do. In a single night he had destroyed not only his life but the lives of his friends as well. He turned around and headed for the exit to Ponyville, somehow feeling that perhaps he was better off dead. As he reached the outskirts of Ponyville, someone cut him off. A colt with a white body, black hair and shades covering his eyes stood in front of him. ACE noticed the colt was a unicorn, but it looked like his horn had been shattered.

“You’re clearly not dead.” The stranger explained to him, “Don’t you think you owe it to them to tell them that?”

ACE looked to the ground, “With what I’ve done, I might as well be dead.”

ACE felt a smack on the back of his neck. He looked up and glared at the stranger who began to talk again.

“Look. What you did, you did as another you. That isn’t who you are right now.”

ACE began to panic “How do you know what I am?!” ACE then recalled what happened back in the Everfree Forest. “It was you, you were following me. Why?”

The stranger shrugged. “I needed to know if you were the one.”

“The one for what?” ACE asked, to which there was no reply. The stallion simply turned around and began to walk away, stopping only for a brief moment to warn him.

“I faked my death once, it devastated everyone who lives here and everyone I ever loved. Do not make the same mistake I made.”

“Who are you?” ACE asked again.

The colt simply smiled, “I’m a ghost.” With that he faded away into the night. ACE sighed, he knew what he had to do.

As Lilly concluded her song she laid down and began to cry. Her friends Ravewind and Chroma Sketch moved up to comfort her, when suddenly, they all heard a familiar voice coming from the other end of the stage.

“Wow Lilly! Great song! But it seemed more like a funeral dirge than a tribute to Princess Luna!”

Everyone turned around. Lilly, Ravewind, and Chroma looked up to see ACE alive and well. There was a brief pause, and then suddenly the entire town erupted into cheering. Lilly jumped off the stage and raced through the crowds, tackling ACE to the ground. The two shared a long, loving hug and kiss before ACE could finally scramble to his feet.

“You had us worried sick!” Lilly yelled at her long lost love.

ACE smirked, “Seems to me you were a lot more than worried.”

Lilly blushed and gave ACE a light slap with her hoof.

After the commotion had died down the real show began. Lilly put on what was easily the best show of her entire career. Everypony including Princess Luna was impressed. The finale went off without a hitch. As the fireworks erupted into the air, Rainbow Dash zipped around them ending the spectacular concert with a breathtaking Sonic Rainboom, which stayed in the sky for as long as Lilly held her high note. Lilly was showered in flowers, diamonds, and bits. Princess Luna personally congratulated the mare on a wonderful concert and on being reconnected with ACE. As the celebration died down, Princess Luna returned to her home and everyone in Ponyville returned to their houses. ACE and Lilly returned to their hotel where they spent the rest of the night in each others arms. It was the best nights sleep ACE ever had.

Comments ( 9 )

This sounds like a switched sex version of
"Affliction of the heart" seriously get something original.:facehoof:

2558206
This was COMPLETELY original and it was in development for LONG before Affliction of the Heart was.
Did you even read the story before you posted that or are you just assuming. :trixieshiftright:

Well I'm sorry that you find it offensive but dude it's obvious that its not. And if you find it offensive then you shouldn't copy someone's work , put a sexchange in it and pass it off as an original.:facehoof:

2561358
You clearly didn't read it, so I'm ending this conversation before too many negative comments show up and scare away others who actually want to read the story all the way through. Have a nice day. :pinkiehappy:

Ur ending it to avoid negative remarks of your work. Isn't that what thes comments section is for:rainbowhuh:

2565252im a man. I have no tits to calm

2566509

Inb4 male tits.

Now calm them.

Good fic, although it the pacing was just a hair too fast. If you fleshed out scenes a bit more and made it about 15k words longer, it would be even better.

~Crystalline Electrostatic~

Login or register to comment