• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 707 Views, 11 Comments

The Angels Take Manehattan - Steve Stevenson

  • ...
5
 11
 707

The Last page

The Doctor sat on the steps of the TARDIS, letting river do all the work.
"River?" he asked, after a long period of silence.
"They were your parents. Sorry, I didn't even think."
"Doesn't matter." she replied.
"Of course it matters." he corrected.
"What matters is this, Doctor. Don't travel alone."
He thought for a second. "Travel with me then." he suggested.
River smiled. "Whenever, wherever you want." This made the Doctor smile.
"But not all the time." she continued, "One psychopath per TARDIS, don't you think?" he didn't say anything, and she sighed.
"Okay, This book I've got to write, Melody Malone? I presume I send it to Amy to get it published."
"Yes, yes." The Doctor replied, entering back into the reality of things.
River walked out of the TARDIS.
"I'll tell her to write and afterward. For you." she stopped halfway out. "Maybe you'll listen to her."
He sat there, sinking into his thoughts, before he realized what she meant. "The last page!" he got to his hooves, and trotted out of the TARDIS to the picnic basket where they ate lunch that morning. He made his way to a park bench, and started reading: "Afterward, by Amelia Williams. Hello, old friend, and here we are, you and me. On the last page. By the time you read this, Rory and I will be long gone. So know that we lived well and were very happy, and above all else, know that we will love you, always. Sometimes I do worry about you, though. I think once were gone, you won't be coming back here for a while, and you might be alone, which you never should be. Don't be alone, Doctor. And do one thing for me. There's a little girl, waiting in a garden. She's going to be waiting for a long while, so she's going to need a lot of hope. Go to her. Tell her a story. Tell her that if she's patient, the days are coming that she'll never forget. Tell her she will go to sea and fight pirates. She'll fall in love with a man, who will wait 2,000 years to keep her safe. Tell her she'll give hope to the greatest painter who ever lived, and save a whale in outer space. Tell her, this is the story of Amelia Pond, and this is how it ends."

Author's Note:

please leave some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism in the comments.

Comments ( 6 )

That Honestly was one of the saddest episodes of Doctor Who.:fluttercry: Anyway good crossover! *Upvotes*:twilightsheepish:

Thought this belonged here

I don't get why people down voted this.
...
:fluttercry: The feels, bro. Awesome job. :raritycry::raritydespair:
All my votes up for you. :twilightsmile:

2516064 Thanks for the comment and the like! highly appreciated!

I watched the ep, I'll read this when I get home. I'm in my Microsoft Word class and I have to work on the doc projects.

Login or register to comment