• Published 26th Mar 2013
  • 342 Views, 2 Comments

The Life and Advantages of Being Famous - capekall



A story about the Life of a Musician.

  • ...
 2
 342

Chapter 2: Plans For The Weekend?

The bell rang and everypony made their way back to the classrooms. But as long as the teacher wasn't in sight, you could barely understand anything. Some colts were playing Timberwolves, a trading card game with creatures from everfree forest. The filly's were mostly talking about each others beauty while giggling at nearly everything. But everypony was full of cheerfulness. You can feel that it was the last day of the week and just one hour left until the weekend started. The last lesson was music, which wasn't really challenging so it felt like it already was weekend.

It took more time than usual until the teacher came to the classroom. Normally he was 5 minutes late, but those 5 minutes were accurate. Today he wasn't there, although 10 minutes had passed. The foals started to hope that they could leave school earlier, because their teacher was ill or something.

"Heeeeyyyy alllll!! Watch the clock. It's 2:10 PM and Mr. clockworth isn't here right nooowww!" An extroverted colt shouted through the class, while jumping around like a bouncy ball. Some of his friends jumped off their seats, grabbed their things and started to leave. Some joyful shouts were made and many foals began to get even happier.

"Wait!" One of the geekie and nerdy fillys shouted.
"We need to wait at least 15 minutes and go to the principal afterwards. Thats what we all accepted by signing the school rul..."

She was interrupted by loads of moaning and booing.

"I don't care what the school rules say!" One colt shouted.

"Yeah, I didn't even sign them" Another one replied.

Now a very silent but responsible colt stood up and got to the front of the classroom.
"Sorry ya'll, but Camilla is right."

Everypony sat down and out of the blue everypony was quiet. It was quite interesting how much authority that colt had. Maybe it was because he was the oldest.

"The year is almost over and the grades are almost here. As y'all know, my father is a teacher and before I got into school, he told me that some teachers try to trick you. But you don't have to expect anything if you do everything right. So maybe this is some kind of test, to know who behaves right and who doesn't."

While he was getting back to his seat, the whole class thought about his assumption.

"Okay, maybe you are right, but another 5 minutes have passed. So now Mr. Clockworth is 15 minutes late."

"Alright, Aurora and I go out to ask Mrs. Cheerilee what to do next." Camilla answered and bumped the moony Aurora.

"Huhh?" She asked still dreaming.

"Let's go to Mrs. Cheerilee."

Both left their seats and got to the door. But as they opened it, it felt so easy to open - too easy. The teacher stood on the other side and opend the door as well.

"Ohh, where do you want to go?" The teacher asked.

"Sorry. It is 2:17 PM and you were not here, so we decided to ask Mrs. Cheerilee whether you are ill or something."

"Oh, thats nice. But I am fine. Just a little late"

Camilla and Aurora got back to their seats while Mr. Clockworth was preparing his teachers desk.
He placed a bunch of papers on it and took a piece of chalk out.

'Oh no, the tests!' Some ponys thought.

"Hello everypony, sorry for being late. I just corrected the last of your tests." He pointed at the pile of papers.

Now everypony realised that it was the right decision to stay and it is time for the marks.

"I am really proud of you." He continued.
"Everypony did a great job. But one thing! You aren't really familiar with classical music, aren't you?"

"Not really." It came from the right.

"Okay. Thats what i thought"

He started to draw the overview of grades on the board.

A, B, C, D, E
continued by some vertical dividers.

Now the teacher had everypony's attention. The foals watched the chalk slowly drawing some numbers. He really likes his job and he wants to keep the stress. He enjoyed the silence which causes him to write even slower. He usually starts with the A's so everpony is a little relieved that it isn't that bad. This plan wouldn't work this time, but he still started with the A's because this tactic fited into his plans for today.


A - 0
B -
C -
D -
E -


Everypony's breath stucked for a moment.
'I thought he said it wasn't that bad.'

Mr. Clockworth felt like he could cut the air. 'Okay, thats to hard' He thought. 'I need to lower the tension'


A - 0
B -
C -
D -
E - 0


Small sighs came out of the children. He slowly continued the overview of grades still feeling satisfied as hell because of his job. 'Those are the best moments' he thought. After a few more sighs, shouts of happiness and minutes, the tension was gone and the class started to talk quietly. The final result read:


A - 0
B - 9
C - 12
D - 2
E - 0


"Okay, as I said: You did a great job. But no pony got the answeres to the questions about classical music instruments. You all knew the Phrygian Scale, which is way more difficult than classical instruments i think. Okay, we did scales for a long time, so you had enough time to learn them. Maybe thats why you got those questions right. But I have an idea. As you can see, no pony got an A. And I want to change it. But I can't do it just because I want to."
He made a short pause.

The foals wondered what his plans were and wanted to know them. But instead of asking, they listened in eager. The teacher continued his speak.

"Tonight, there's a classical concert down in the civic center. And I want you to go there with me."

Rustling, booing and sighing came out of the classroom.
"But we have..." A filly shouted, but was interrupted by her teacher.

"I know, some of you may have different plans, but I want you to have good marks. This overview is okay, but it could be better. And my plan is: You come tonight to the civic centre, I'll buy the tickets so you don't need to bring money. I'll hand you papers and you write down every instrument you see during the show. And if you got at least 50 percent right, I will improve your mark one step. So if you had an B before, you'll get an A. And because it is an activity, which is for school, but out of school time, you can stay at home next friday. I can't coerce you, but this is a very great way to improve your mark. The show starts at 7:00 PM and ends at 10 PM. And I know, you wouldn't go to bed then." He smiled
"So it is still time to do something else afterwards. So if you are interested, meet me in front of the civic centre at half past six. I'll wait there."

Those were his last words and he felt, that everypony was thinking if they would come. But he knew that the students can't resist. Even if it was just because of the better marks and a day off. The class was deep in thoughts and really silent. He handed out the papers enjoying the silence.

The bell rang.

It was time for the weekend.

Author's Note:

Alright, this chapter is a little different. I know I said that it will be something like an autobiography in form of a novel, but I think it is quite nice to have some different point of views.
I hope you still like the story :pinkiecrazy:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment