• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 1,856 Views, 102 Comments

The Strange Cases of Twilight Sparkle - DrakoGlyph



Becoming a princess is hard enough on any alicorn, but when strange things start happening in Twilight's life, Princess Celestia tasks her with researching the events!

  • ...
3
 102
 1,856

Case 28

Twilight awoke the next morning hoping she wouldn’t have the urges today that she had yesterday. Things were going so strangely today, and she didn’t know how things were going to go if she scared off any more of her Elements of Harmony. A half-worked draft of her Royal Apology lay on the table in the corner.

She figured she would be safe visiting the first mare she got to know when she arrived in Ponyville so long ago, Applejack. She trotted out to Sweet Apple Acres, finding Applejack out in the fields along the road, bucking apples as always.

“Howdy, Twi,” Applejack said. “Ah was afraid ya weren’t gonna be mah friend anymore, ya know, after I lurked.”

“Don’t be silly, Applejack, I’ll always be your friend,” Twilight reassured her friend.

“Always nice to have some company when Ah’m buckin’. Applebloom usually does, but she’s off with the Cutie Mark Crusaders today… like normal.” Applejack gave a smile, which only fell to a frown after she stopped to think for a minute. “Ah hope they aren’t doing anything dangerous.”

“I think they’ll be fine,” Twilight said, thinking of every other adventure she had heard from one of them, and even a few that she had heard form Spike. “They generally are.”

“Well, Ah’m gonna go check on her after I clear this field,” she said, placing a strong buck on the tree beside her, causing most of the apples to fall into the bushels below, and what didn’t fall of with the buck toppled off the tree when Applejack’s hooves hit the ground roughly afterward.

This impressive display of strength created an urge inside Twilight, which she tried to fight—it was something she knew was coming, and she didn’t want it to. She knew this was going to ruin her friendship with her friend, and she was going to do everything in her power to annul the feelings before she did something stupid.

“Are you sure you’re a mare with strength like that?”

Or, she could do something stupid anyway.

“What do ya mean, Twi?”

Don’t say it! Whatever you do, Twilight, don’t say anything more about it! she thought furiously to herself.

“I mean,” she began to say before she could do anything, “are you sure you’re not a stallion?” Twilight’s hoof made it to her face with a thud.

“Ah’m quite sure, Twi, or else Ah would have quite the difficulties with Rainbow.” There was innuendo in her voice, but then a hint of actual, platonic troubles. “Ah know Ah’m strong, but that’s because I grew up workin’ on the farm. That’s why us Apples are so strong.”

Twilight scrunched up her nose, trying to keep from saying any more. The urges, oh the urges. She wanted to just settle this matter so badly about whether Applejack was really a mare or not. Twilight already knew the answer, but something compelled her to continue asking. “I think you’re a stallion in disguise!” Twilight said, putting her hoof in her mouth.

“Now that’s just silly, Twi. Where would I put it?” Applejack simply gave a blank stare at her friend. “Why do you keep asking me if I’m a stallion?”

“I don’t know!” Twilight squeaked before shoving her hoof back in her mouth to prevent another faux pas.

“Are you alright, sugar cube?”

Twilight shook her head, just realizing that her legs had begun to carry her around behind Applejack, who didn’t turn anything more than her head.

“Twi? What are you doing?”

Applejack, forgive me, Twilight thought as she sat and stuck out her other front hoof toward Applejack’s orange plot. When her hoof met flesh, it was all over. With one moment of pain, the lights all went out.

“Twilight? Are ya okay?” Applejack asked, concern dripped from her voice.

“Ugh… what happened?”

“Ya sorta touched my plot, and I kinda… bucked ya.”

Twilight became aware of a pounding in her head as she lied in the grass around the apple trees. Her mind was in so much agony that she could hardly think, which was perhaps the best thing at this moment.

“I’m so sorry, Applejack…”

“Ah forgive ya, sugar cube.”

“Thanks, could you help me home?”

“Anything.”

Case 28:

After using a spell to recover the memories knocked out of me by Applejack’s buck, I am beginning to wish I hadn’t. I had such an overwhelming desire to question whether she was, in fact, a mare. She’s strong, but she is still that, a ‘she.’

I don’t think the dent in my head will ever go away, though. I think I need to see Nurse Redheart tomorrow.

Your Most Faithful Student,

Princess Twilight Sparkle.