• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 1,856 Views, 102 Comments

The Strange Cases of Twilight Sparkle - DrakoGlyph



Becoming a princess is hard enough on any alicorn, but when strange things start happening in Twilight's life, Princess Celestia tasks her with researching the events!

  • ...
3
 102
 1,856

Case 26

The day was finally here, time to confront Discord. He was going to answer for these pranks he was pulling. Twilight headed out to Fluttershy’s cottage to make the confrontation.

“Well, hello Twilight, I’m glad you could make it,” Discord said, opening the door. “We have so much to talk about.”

“Yeah, like how you’ve been propagating pranks that have been disguised as ‘Strange Occurrences’ around new princesses?”

“You mean how The Princesses have assigned you the tasked to research?”

“Yeah…” Twilight said, grumbling, “those.”

“Why don’t you come in for some tea?”

“Alright, but I have my eye on you, Discord.”

“Only what I would expect from you, Twilight, always the cautious one.”

Fluttershy was sitting at a little table with her teapot sitting in the center and three neat place settings around the table.

“It’s so nice to have tea with friends,” Fluttershy commented.

“I actually wanted to talk to Discord about his recent endeavors. What have you been up to?” Twilight prodded, hoping that something would reveal itself.

“I don’t know what you mean, the Princesses of Canterlot keep me up to my horns in work, I couldn’t possibly be doing anything malicious to any ponies, especially not you, my dear little pony.”

“I’m on to you. That Troll that came to Ponyville… he was discorded. No troll would ever take an interest in chess!”

“You mean to say that Trolls are all idiots? I must protest!”

“What a mean thing to say, Twilight!” Fluttershy scoffed.

“That’s not what I meant and you know it, Discord.”

“Oh, I know exactly what you meant. You don’t like trolls, so you’re going to be mean about them.”

“That’s not at all what I said!”

“Perhaps, I mean, if it’s alright, we should change the topic,” Fluttershy said softly.

“Okay, then about that time that Rainbow Dash was stuck shouting. That’s certainly not the product of normal magic.”

“Are you telling me you believe in curses, Twilight?” Discord replied.

“You yourself told us that curses didn’t exist, Twi,” Fluttershy protested.

“I mean it sounds like your brand of Chaotic Magic, Discord, the same as when she was stuck flying at a constant speed.”

“Oh, so I’m a villain again, am I? I’m hurt, Twilight.”

“Twi, I must ask you to be nice to Discord. You saw that he changed,” Fluttershy countered.

“Quit messing around with what I say, Discord! That’s not what I meant and you both know it!”

“Me? Mess around with your meaning? That’s a silly thing to do. It sounds like you’re accusing me of hiding something.”

“I’m sure you’re hiding plenty, Discord, and I intend to find out exactly what it is.”

“Twi, I’m his friend, I think if he was hiding something, I would know about it,” Fluttershy said. “Now if you’re going to continue to harass him, I must ask that you leave.”

With a grunt, Twilight left the cottage and headed back home.

Case 26:

I have a very strange suspicion that these Strange Cases have something to do significantly with Discord. I don’t have enough proof yet to confirm, but that’s how Discord operates.

I’m going to continue to look into it, because I seriously think that the rest of the Royal Line would benefit from the answer to this question. He was manipulating all of my words today.

Your Most Faithful Student,

Princess Twilight Sparkle

Discord soon returned to Canterlot, fetched the letter from Celestia’s Room, and read it aloud so that the Stained glass window that was Princess Celestia could hear it. Soon after, he let out a hearty laugh and placed the letter in the pile with all the rest.

“Soon enough, Celestia. Soon enough.”