• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 1,857 Views, 102 Comments

The Strange Cases of Twilight Sparkle - DrakoGlyph



Becoming a princess is hard enough on any alicorn, but when strange things start happening in Twilight's life, Princess Celestia tasks her with researching the events!

  • ...
3
 102
 1,857

Case 30

Twilight sent her letter then turned to head back out the door. She still had Princess Duties to perform, after all. She needed to make sure that her principality here in Ponyville was safe and orderly.

The moment she walked out the door, though, things were very quiet. Too quiet. There was no pony on the streets. No pony at all. She gave pause, perhaps missing that today was a special event, but Summer Sun Celebration was a ways away and Nightmare Night was even farther. There was absolutely nothing special about this particular Saturday, so where had everypony gone?

She cantered through the streets, looking for anypony before going to Sugar Cube Corner. Surely Pinkie would know where every pony was, if they weren’t there for some gig that she had perhaps misplaced the invite for in all her bustling about since these Strange Cases began.

But the only one at Sugar Cube was Mr. Cake.

“Where is everypony?”

“What do you mean, Twilight? Big Mac’s at Sweet Apple Acres, the Sofa clerk went to a convention in Trottingham, the waiters at the café took the day off. It’s Saturday, after all. That’s everypony.”

There was one thing in common with all of the mentioned ponies: they were all stallions. This fact didn’t elude Twilight for once second.

“What about the mares? Where’s Pinkie? Or Mrs. Cake?”

“What do you mean? There’s no such thing as a mare, not here.”

“I’m a mare, Mr. Cake,” Twilight said caustically.

“Well, that makes one then, but mares never come to Ponyville.”

“My five best friends are all mares, they live in Ponyville. They wouldn’t just up and leave without telling me.”

“I’m sorry to hear your friends abandoned you, perhaps you’d like a nice cupcake?”

“I don’t want a cupcake.” Aggravated, she stormed off to Sweet Apple Acres, where she promptly found Big Mac, plowing a field for corn.

“Hello,” the quiet stallion responded when Twilight came toward him.

“Where’re your sisters?”

“Who?”

“How could you forget Applejack and Applebloom?”

“I’m the only one here at Sweet Apple Acres, Twilight.”

“Ugh!” Her hoof hit her face, reminding her of the full set of ‘Element of Harmony Hoof Prints’ on her head.

She spent the rest of the day searching high and low for signs that a mare had been in Ponyville, but not even the florists were present. How could it be that she was the only mare in all of Ponyville? She needed to write Princess Celestia.

Case 30:

I have come across a complication in my duties here, all the mares, which is to say most of the population of Ponyville has vanished. Perhaps it is the work of this Anonymous group on their first coup toward usurping you, Princess. I think we need to seriously rethink this group!

Sincerely,

Princess Twilight Sparkle


Princess Celestia received the letter, and wanted to respond to it by giving advice to her most faithful student, and frankly, greatest friend apart from her own sister, but this case only called for one response, and Discord was procuring it.

The Draconequus had finally found Blueblood in the hall of Stained Glass, admiring the glimmering colors of the accomplishments of her aunts, and the Elements of Harmony.

“Blueblood, I need you to write a letter for me,” Discord said, “I’ll tell you what to say, but it has to be your penmanship.”

“I do not work for you, Discord, I am a Prince. You work for me!”

“Don’t make me discord you again,” the Spirit of Chaos said, fondly remembering the time that he had released a Blueblood that actually cared for something other than himself.

“Oh anything but that! It would ruin the perm I just had on my tail!” He levitated the quill and letter from Discord.

Dearest Twilight Sparkle,

We do not know who this Princess is you are attempting to reach, for I am the only royalty in Canterlot. It has been this way for a thousand years, and it will not change for another thousand. I do believe you have been up for far too long, and need some sleep, lest more delusions prevent you from your princessly duties.

With Care,

Prince Blueblood

“WHAT!?” was the first thing out of Twilight’s mouth when the letter came back. “That pony couldn’t rule the left side of his mane! How is he possibly in charge!?”

“Twilight, calm down, and give this a rest for today. You’ve been out teleporting Trolls, and all kinds of things today, maybe you just need to curl up with a good book,” Spike advised.

“Sure, Spike, I suppose I do.”