• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 1,857 Views, 102 Comments

The Strange Cases of Twilight Sparkle - DrakoGlyph



Becoming a princess is hard enough on any alicorn, but when strange things start happening in Twilight's life, Princess Celestia tasks her with researching the events!

  • ...
3
 102
 1,857

Case 24

Twilight had some strange dreams that night, but all was better in the morning, and she would see to it that this was a better day than any other she had ever had. She trotted downstairs to check her list of things to do today, and was shocked at what she saw.

“I crossed these things off three times already! With regular ink! Ugh!” Twilight groaned as she crossed off ‘Meet with the Mayor’ again. She turned to the desk where the Strange Cases book had been placed, only to realize it was missing.

All over again.

Grumpily she headed out, set to Sugar Cube Corner, not caring that there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. The calendar, which she had checked on the way out, said it was Friday, last Friday. Perhaps what she had heard from Shining Armor and Cadence was true… no, there wasn’t a possibility. Celestia respected her more than that. Twilight was sure of that. With that said, it was strange that she was having to live the same day, again. She knew that’s what it had to be, somehow. She had seen all the signs before.

Applejack bartering with customer. Check.

Rarity buying fabric with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Check.

Pinkie Pie out selling muffins. Check.

“Howdy!” Pinkie shouted. “You look so much better today!”

“If you say so.”

“What’s wrong? Does the Princess need a song?”

“No, Pinkie. Just give me the book I dropped the other day.”

“Sure. Want a muffin with that?”

“No, just the book.”

Pinkie gave her the book, then went back to selling muffins.

She trotted back home, pausing for Rarity to rush past. Check.

This was the same day all over again. She walked back to her library, and penned a letter to the princess.

Case 24:

Today was another, drab copy of a day I’ve already lived. Perhaps things will be more original in the future.

Sincerely,

Princess Twilight Sparkle.

Discord looked at the pair before him, Cadence and Shining Armor, both charging magic.

“Oh, please, don’t you remember what happened to Celestia and Luna?” he said, pointing the stained glass that was glaring at him. Both his opponents disarmed themselves.

“Come, sweetie, I think we have some other things to attend to.” Shining Armor led his wife down the hall. “I think we should find a way to get at him when he’s vulnerable.”

“Which is never,” Cadence said.

“Then we have to get back to Ponyville.”

Author's Note:

Yeah, I know, underwhelming. But really, what did you think Twilight was going to respond after all she's been through lately?