• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 1,856 Views, 102 Comments

The Strange Cases of Twilight Sparkle - DrakoGlyph



Becoming a princess is hard enough on any alicorn, but when strange things start happening in Twilight's life, Princess Celestia tasks her with researching the events!

  • ...
3
 102
 1,856

Case 6

Twilight awoke, ready to examine the letter from Celestia. Something in her told her that it was not from the Princess, but she would need to examine it closer to be for sure. If there was something she had learned so far: jumping to conclusions only led to confusion and chaos. Which was evidence in itself that Discord probably had something to do with these Strange Cases.

She walked down the stairs to find another letter lying, still sealed in its envelope, waiting for her to read it.

Dearest Princess Twilight,

We, Anonymous, have decided to give you one more chance to prove your worth to our organization. Head to Town Square at exactly noon to meet with our representative.

Sincerely,

Anonymous.

Twilight didn’t quite know what to make of this. She was sure that Anonymous was up to some kind of coup, but her instincts had been out of whack these days. She decided that she should meet this ‘representative’ to see what Anonymous was all about.

At exactly noon, Twilight was in the center of the town, just mere steps away from town hall. That was when she saw it. She couldn’t describe it with any set of words she ever knew besides horrible and uncaring… or use her actual name: Gilda the Gryphon.

“So, Twilight, I take it you got the letter from Anonymous this morning.”

“You’re Anonymous?” Twilight asked incredulously.

“No… I wish I was. Our leader could do with a replacing… no, I’m just a representative here to see if you’re what Anonymous is looking for.”

“And am I?”

“I think our leader would say so.”

“So I’m in?”

“I don’t care. Just take this.” Gilda handed Twilight a letter before flying off.

Dearest Twilight,

So you have accepted our terms. Be prepared for a letter to come in the following days, with instructions for your membership to Anonymous.

Sincerely,

Anonymous.

Twilight took the letter home, and looked at the table, which was sparkling clean.

“Spike!”

“What?”

“There was a letter on this table, where did it go?”

“What letter?”

“Of course. Any evidence that would implicate Discord would mysteriously vanish.”

“What are you talking about, Twilight?”

“Never mind. I have a letter to write to the princess.”

Case 6:

I have encountered one member of this so called Anonymous group, Gilda the Gryphon. Perhaps you remember her from when she was last in town, you know, Rainbow’s old friend. She gave me a letter that says there’s another letter yet to come to me with instructions for joining Anonymous.

I don’t know what they’re up do, but I will soon.

Sincerely,

Princess Twilight Sparkle

Discord smiled as Gilda arrived at the castle. “Very good, Gilda, now here’s what you asked for,” he said, handing her a few golden bits.

“Anytime, Discord,” Gilda said.

“Now, we can get to the real fun…”