• Published 11th Mar 2013
  • 531 Views, 2 Comments

Forever Scootaloo - TheJournalisticBrony



Scootaloo has finally grown up. She wishes that she could be with Rainbow Dash forever. But, she did get part of that wish, and everypony she loves isn't in the picture.

  • ...
4
 2
 531

Chapter 5: A Tale About Hell's Journey (10 Years Ago)

“It isn’t going to be easy but here is what you need to do. Now, the journey is never easy. You are going to feel tired, but don’t give up.”

“Well, what do I do?” I asked.

“In order to get out of here, you must do a few things. It is going to take roughly 5 days to complete all of this.”
"Why so long?"
"This task isn't simple."
"Well, could you tell me what I need to do first?"
"Alright, the first three days involve fasting."
"Fasting?"
"Do you have any clue what fasting is?"
"No."
"Well, fasting is where you spend a certain period eating nothing and drinking only water."
"Why do I need to do that?"
"The portal will only open if the magic senses hardship and will only open up if the pony or zebra registers 'Strength and Courage'"
"Well, how long do I need to do that for?"
"3 days."
"3... Days!"
"Yep, that's right."
"I need to fast for that long?"
"Correct."
"Why?!?"
"Cause that is what the book says about how to get out."
"What book?"
"Well, at school, you should have learned about zebra history and about this book that told how noble zebras got to make it out. The book also explained why some of the best craftsmen were zebras."
"We never learned anything about zebras."
"Shame. The book goes into details about why fasting for 3 days is important."
"Well, could you explain why it is important?"
"You should of learned this already!"
"I should of?"
"Yea! Don't they teach you about how the zebras are separated and about the war?!?"
"No."
"My God. Anyways, during the three days, go to the library and read about the book. It should give you some insight. Anyways, long story short, the reason why you had to fast was because every tribe that was in the war had no food for 3 days. It symbolizes that you don't need much to be strong. That is why you need to fast for 3 days."
"Ok. So, what do I do for the days I fast. Do I have to do anything special during the first 3 days I fast? Also, can I drink water?"
"Yes. You can drink water for the first 3 days and even on your trip. You do not need to do anything during the days you are fasting."
"Ok. Cool. Wait?! What trip?!"
"Well, that was the next thing I need to tell you about. For the next 2 days, you will be traveling on foot. You can bring as much water as you like on this trip. But you are not allowed to bring any food. But for the next day, you will be traveling 100 miles to the mountains east. Once you get there, you will camp out and the next day, you will be climbing the mountains. There will be an opening made in the magical barrier. That opening is at the highest peak. Once you get there, you can jump through the opening. You will than slide down the magical barrier. You should then land up in the desert area. The next days, I don't know what your going to do. For Canterlot is 1,000 miles away from this town. Any questions?"
"Wow. Such a long journey. How am I supposed to make it out of here?"
"I believe in you."
"And are there any towns closer?"
"Yes. There are many on the way to Canterlot. All of these towns can help you get back to where you live."
"How long will it take me to get home?"
"A month."
"Well. I guess I can start the fasting today."
"Alright. Anyways. I want you to go to the library. It is in the tall building over there," the zebra finished.
"Ok, I will," I say. I am about to head to the tall building and then I realize I did not get his name. I ask him. "Hey. I didn't get your name. Could you please tell me your name?"
He looks at me this time and I notice he has a very familiar face to Zacora's. He answers back, "The name is Zaccerio. Cousin and Seargent to Zacora, the biggest outlaw in Equestria!"

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment