• Published 8th Mar 2013
  • 3,558 Views, 103 Comments

Twilight Gets her Own Student - Mr Anomalous



Princess Twilight Sparkle gets a personal student of her own!

  • ...
3
 103
 3,558

To Canterlot!

To Canterlot!


[/hr]

After they finished their satisfactory breakfast, Spike and Twilight left the table, carrying their plates and utensils. They then dropped them in the sink where they both washed their dishes. Spike had to go grab a stool to do this, and Twilight was actually pondering when he was actually going to grow a bit.

Dragons did grow on their own, without greed. Greed just sped it up, somehow. Dragons were really quite dangerous, and mostly kept to themselves, so ponies really didn't know all that much about them.

When they were finished with everything, it was six-twenty-two. The activity outside was beginning to grow, as was the sun, as it flew higher and higher into the brisk morning sky.

Eventually, though, she had to face her day, and what it contained. Princess Celestia had not specified whether she would choose her student on this day. Twilight highly doubted that the Princess would force her to choose one so soon, but you never know...

Twilight had to calm herself down once more.

"Okay Spike, are you ready?"

"Sure,"

Twilight smiled, "Let's go then."

The two of them spent the next half-hour preparing for their trip. Spike thought that that was way to long, but you know how Twilight is.

They left the tree and began to trot towards the train station. Twilight got many compliments from morning-going ponies as well as some bows. She was glad that they weren't very deep, otherwise she would've melted from the rushing in her cheeks.

Spike, though usually a tired little one, was quite unusually upbeat this morning. Probably had something to do with her waffles. Twilight gave in inward hoof-pump.

They made it to the train station, Twilight almost literally burning up, and Spike really amused by all of it. When they got inside and selected a seat, Spike asked, "Why are you so embarrassed by all of these compliments and stuff Twi'?"

"I don't know...I guess I'm just not used to all of it..."

Spike smiled and said," You know, I bet Princess Celestia had to deal with this. Same with Luna and Cadence."

"I suppose so.."

"Maybe you could ask one of them for advice or something."

Twilight thought about it a bit and answered, "I guess that makes sense."

The rest of the train ride was spent in comfortable silence. Both Spike and Twilight were staring out of the windows, watching the scenery. Spike was pondering how much more awesome Twilight's waffles would have been if they had had gems in them, but Twilight had more pressing matters on her mind, such as who she was going to choose.

Could she choose somepony whom she already knew? Would she need to? Would they have to be a filly? Or maybe just a teen? Maybe she could take a poll in which she would survey the area in who would want to be her student. Maybe Princess Celestia had already chosen a group of a dozen or so whom she would get to choose from herself.

Then something odd came to mind. Would it have to be a pony? Maybe she could choose a Gryphon, or maybe a Zebra. That would be kind of cool, she thought.

All of these questions took up her mind so that the time from Ponyville to Canterlot sped up quite a bit, and soon the train pulled to a slow halt in the Canterlot train station.

"Twi'...Twi'...we're here."

Twilight snapped from her trance, "Oh! Um, okay."

Spike only shook his head and smiled at Twilight's antics.

"Well snap out of it, today's the day."

"We don't actually know that Spike. We just came here for more information, not to choose my student right now."

The words my student were quite strange on Twilight's tongue.

The pair made their way from the train, defended against some more bows and compliments, and made their way to the palace, where Celestia was waiting patiently.

When they found each other, Celestia called out to them.

"Twilight Sparkle! So good to see you! Are you anxious?"

Twilight smiled sheepishly and answered, "Yeah, a bit."

Celestia chuckled a bit and said, "Worry not. Unless it is your wish, you do not have to make your selection today."

Twilight breathed and inward sigh of relief. It was most certainly not her wish to choose today.

"Um, Princess?"

"Yes Twilight?"

"I was wondering how we are going to go about this. Am I just going to choose a random pony who seems to have potential, or are we going to go through lists and interviews and things like that?"

"Well, Twilight, when I chose you, you did show potential, but it was not completely random. I knew that that would be a wise decision. And, as it turned out, it was."

Twilight smiled up at her mentor, who continued.

"However, I am going to let you do whatever you want."

Twilight perked up.

"Oh, thank you Princess!"

"Walk with me, Twilight."


[/hr]

The next hour or so was spent simply strolling around castle grounds, discussing the topic. Twilight wanted to do something organized. She was going to advertise that she was looking for a student of her own, and run some interviews. At first, though, she was concerned at the thought of there being to many ponies.

"Well, Twilight, make some rules, narrow it down a bit. Of course, only unicorns can apply, and maybe that have to have a specific grade average?"

Twilight nodded and began to write down on the paper pad that she had wisely brought with her. Eventually, she was sent home, to organize what she was going to do.

"Okay, unicorns only....show potential...teens can apply, as well as foals older than ten...."

Ecetera, ecetera.

Soon, after a while, she had all of the rules.

Okay, so, now what? That was the question. Now what? How should she go advertising this?

Twilight had an idea and hurriedly wrote a letter asking the Princess if she would be willing to announce it. Now, she just sat back and waited for her response.