• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 2,101 Views, 19 Comments

The Dark and Light Within - mdonnelly



A human awakens in Ponyville and reveals dark mysteries of murder, crime and death.

  • ...
1
 19
 2,101

Out in the Open

Everyone, I'm very sorry it took so long to come out with one simple chapter, but I've been very busy lately. I don't want to go into it, but I will say that I have been very overwhelmed lately. So, please accept my apology and I will try to make chapters at a better pace if I can.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jason staggered to the door. He saw Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle playing with Winona by the trees. Jason slowly moved towards the door, hearing something behind it.

“I don’no what to do?” said Applejack from behind the door.

“What are you talking about dear?” asked a very feminine voice.

“Oh-um…nothing!”

“Is there something bothering you? Applejack, I know we may not get along all the time, but we are friends. You can tell me anything.”

“Well …um …never mind. I don’t think it’s a problem.”

“Fine, but If you need to talk, you can always come to me.”

“Thank ya, yer a good friend Rarity.”

“Oh! I almost forgot. Keep your eyes open for a creature.”

“A-a…a what?”

“There was some kind of creature that stands on two legs that attacked someponies. The royal guard is coming to Ponyville to investigate.”

“A-attacked?”

“Applejack, are you alright?”

Jason opened the door, entering the room holding himself up with a big stick. In the room he saw Applejack and a white unicorn with a purple mane. The unicorn’s eyes rolled to the back of her head and then she collapsed to the floor.

“Rarity!” yelled Applejack.

“She just fainted.” Jason said working his way into the room.

Applejack took a look at Jason to see why Rarity fainted. Jason was covered in blood, limping to a chair. Jason sat and took off his jacket, revealing a piece of glass in his arm and multiple cuts all over his body.

“What in the name of Celestia did you do?”

“My job.”

“Your job? What the buck are you talking about?”

Jason brought himself to his feet, letting out pained growls underneath his breath. He continued to walk towards the collapsed pony. He put his hand near Rarity’s mouth to feel her breath. Jason got up and staggered towards the stairs.

“She’ll be fine.”

“Where do ya’ll think your goin?”

Jason ignored her and struggled up the stairs. When he got to the top, he forced himself to the room he was staying in. Jason heard Applejack’s calls for Big Mac, giving him less time. He stumbled into the room colliding with the foot of the bed. He grabbed the bandages on the chair that were never put away. Jason got his shoe off and started wrapping his left foot, hearing the door slam open. Heavy hoof-steps came up the stairs as he finished with the bandages.
Big Mac and Applejack appeared at the doorway. They both entered the room, closing the door behind them. They were both nervous and unsure about the situation they were in, but ready for anything to happen.

“Now tell us what happened, we don’t want to hurt you.” commanded Applejack.

“Eyeup.” Big Mac followed.

“Fine. I was going for a walk, then I…”

Jason paused to look out the window.

“Then what?” inquired Applejack.

“Then I saw an open window.”

Applejack put a hoof over her mouth and took a step back. Big Mac grabbed Jason by his shirt and pulled him off the floor, to his feet. Jason tried to drop as soon as his left foot touched the floor, but Big Mac was keeping him up.

“How could you! We trust you and…” Applejack’s voice died.

“Agh! No! I helped the pony!”

“Explain!” Big Mac demanded.

“I brought her to the hospital!”

“What did ya do?” Big Mac questioned, shaking Jason.

“I found the pony that stabbed her and chased him to the big building in the town.”

“Then what?” Applejack asked unsure how to feel.

“We climbed on top of the building and crashed through the ceiling. Then I escaped into the forest. But everyone saw me!”

Big Mac dropped Jason on the floor.

“I get it, I fucked up!” Jason said hugging his legs, “I do the right thing and all I get is grief or I get in trouble.”

“A.J., I’m gonna go into town an’ see what happened.” said Big Mac.

“Alright, I’ll keep an eye on em.”

Big Mac left to go to the town, leaving Jason on the floor with Applejack. Jason continued to stare out the window, muttering to himself. Applejack only stared at him, trying to figure out what he was saying. After a few minutes Jason took his gaze off of the sky, to set it on Applejack.

“You should probably check on Rarity. She should be waking up around now.”

“Um…yea…”

“Applejack, please believe me. I’m telling the truth.”

Applejack looked at him and with that one look; she knew he was telling the truth. Jason’s eyes were dilated and
his face was consumed with fear and pain. The fear was eating at him, even though he did nothing to be afraid of. Applejack was now troubled, unknowing of what was obviously bothering Jason. She continued down the stairs to see Rarity was still unconscious on the floor.

“What happened to em? Was it somethin that happened in town?” Applejack asked herself.

Jason stood by the window, staring into the forest. He felt himself shaking, as a chill struck him. His eyes shifted from tree to tree, unsure of what he was looking for.

“What happened in there? What did I do? Who was that?”

A figure shifted back behind a tree. Jason’s eyes focused and he saw them. The Soulless red and grey eyes, that once before pierced Jason’s very soul, slipped deeper into the forest. Sweat dripped down the side of Jason’s face.

“N-no…no. I killed you. No! You can’t be alive!”

Jason fell back holding his head, rocking back and forth.

“No. I killed him. He can’t be alive. He-he…”

Jason turned his head to see Applejack, three small fillies and Winona by the door. They each had a concerned look on their faces. They just stared at him, as he opened his mouth to speak.

“We have a problem.”

Comments ( 1 )

And another awesome story abandoned. :fluttercry: Oh well.

Login or register to comment