• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 2,100 Views, 19 Comments

The Dark and Light Within - mdonnelly



A human awakens in Ponyville and reveals dark mysteries of murder, crime and death.

  • ...
1
 19
 2,100

Can't Ignore the Call

Jason followed the path up the hill, reaching the top. The moon shined down hiding the time of night. The only thing to alert him would be the rising sun, but then it would be too late. He continued walking down the hill to explore village. It was quiet, just like the first night he was there. The all houses were dark as Jason walked through the streets, all but one. He quickly hid behind the corner of the building, two houses away. He peered his head over the edge of the corner, to see the building’s upstairs bedroom light was on and the window was open. The walls inside the room were yellow and had a silhouette running back and forth.

“Damn, please don’t tell me this is what I think it is.” he said to himself.

Jason took out his M9, and checked the magazine. It held eleven out of its fifteen rounds.

“What the fuck did I waste four shots on?”

A pony appeared at the windowsill, holding a bag with it mouth. The pony was wearing a cloak and hood. It glanced around, before jumping down from the window. Upon its landing, the figure continued to look around; making sure nothing was following it. It walked off towards a tall building, larger than all the others. The building appeared to hold meetings, as if a town hall. Jason snuck out from the corner, putting his gun away and climbed up the side of the building to the open widow.

Immediately upon getting into the room, he saw a bleeding pony on the floor. The blood came from a stab wound in the left flank of the ponies’ leg. The room was ransacked, all the drawers of the dresser and a jewelry box, were on the floor. Jason grabbed a blouse from the floor and tore it.

“T-take whatever y-you want. P-please don-don’t hurt me again.” the pony cried, shielding herself behind her hoofs.

“Don’t worry miss; I’m here to help you. I just need you to be quiet though.”

Jason wrapped her leg in the torn cloth to stop the bleeding. She uncovered her face to only be devoured by fear again.

“W-what a-are –y-you?” she asked starting to shake.

“Your leg is going to be fine; I just need to get you to the hospital. What did-”

Jason saw a backpack on the floor, precariously placed to be seen. He opened it to find it was full of human clothing.

“This…this is mine. Someone’s trying to set me up.”

Jason zipped up the bag and threw it out the window. He then walked over to the pony, picking her up on his back.

“Ok. I’m going to carry you down and bring you to the hospital. Hold on, ok?”

Jason began climbing out the window with the pony on his back.

“Um…w-why can’t we use t-the door?” asked the pony.

“It’s easier this way for me. Besides, if that pony comes back, it’ll think your still in there and have to climb all the way back up; giving us extra time to escape.”

They reached the bottom and Jason picked up the bag, still carrying the pony on his back.

“Now then…where’s the hospital.”

“W-wait, you’re bringing me there and you don’t know where it is?”

“Do I look like I live here?”

“I-it’s that way.” she said pointing a hoof.

Jason set out in the direction she pointed, silently carrying her, until they got to the hospital.

“This is it.”

“How would you know? You said you didn’t live here.”

“A hospital is a hospital, but how do I get you in?”

“Umm…walk in?”

“No. I can’t be seen.”

“Now I’m starting to think you did do this to me.”

“Ever play ding-dong ditch when you were a kid?”

“Do you mean filly and no?

“Well, now is a good time to learn.”

He placed her down at the door and put his bag on his back. Jason banged on the door franticly before tuning and running.

“What are you doing?” the pony questioned.

“Good luck!” Jason yelled running away.

“Where are you going?”

“I got a thief to catch!”

Jason turned his head to notice some pony come out of the hospital, to see what was happening. Realizing she was going to be ok he focused his attention on finding the cloaked pony. He ran throughout the village to end up back at the house he first found hooded assailant. The sun was already starting to come up upon the horizon and the ponies of the village began to awake.

“Where the hell is e?”

Suddenly the pony appeared, wandering around the corner of a house with the bag in its mouth.

“Freeze!” Jason said pulling out his gun again.

The figure dropped the bag, taking a fearful step back.

“Put your hand-I mean hoofs over your head!”

The pony turned and bolted towards the large building.

“Damn!”

Jason took after the assailant, hoping to catch the pony before every pony came out of their homes to see the commotion. They passed building after building, causing the ponies to come outside in curiosity. The assailant climbed up the side of the tall building and Jason followed. All the ponies in the village saw Jason standing on the glass roof with the cloaked pony. Jason heard them from down bellow yelling out and questioning what they were seeing.

“What is that thing?”

“What is that?”

“Oh my Celestia, what is that?”

It was too late; Jason was found out and had to deal with the current situation. A yellow pony with a grey mane and tail stepped out from the building he was standing on.

“What is going on out here?” she asked.

“Mayor look! called out a pony.

“What is-um...now, now; calm down everypony! I’m sure it’s nothing!”

“That’s not nothing!”

“Everypony, please! Let us figure out what’s going on!”

All the ponies became silent and watched Jason and the pony on the roof. The glass under the pony’s hoofs and Jason’s feet made small cracking sounds. The pony gave a large noticeable grin. The glass suddenly shattered and broke away from underneath them. The two fell three stories, with the pony landing on a table and Jason landing on a couch. The impact with the table and couch caused them both to break. The ponies outside panicked and ran around in mayhem, scared of the events unfolding before them.

The pony through the table was motionless and Jason rose to his feet.

“Ahg!” Jason cried out dropping to his left knee, “Fucking great. A twisted ankle!”

Jason got up on his right leg and hopped over to the window. He opened it and jumped out landing on his shoulder.

“Gah!” he shouted as a pain shot through his arm.

The mayor stepped in the room to find only the cloaked pony in the shattered table and a broken couch.

“Somepony get me Twilight Sparkles!”

Jason crawled into the forest where no pony would be able find him with any luck.