• Published 10th Mar 2013
  • 1,853 Views, 142 Comments

New to Ponyville; A Young Colt's Adventure - AxtontheMechanist



Axton Coglink has just moved in from the far-off country of Austallia. Along with his family, he eventually groups up with a few young fillies who call themselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

  • ...
2
 142
 1,853

A Duo Of Threats

Chapter 3; A Duo of Threats

The sun shined down on the land of Equestria as a new day began its course, shining along the congregation of houses that made up Ponyville. Curtains were being opened as mares, colts and fillies awoke to the morning sun that was the outside and the sun shone down, giving everything a glowing hue of colours from illustrious whites to fiery reds and forest greens. The sun lit up all of the colours that were the primary colours of the houses.
“Axton! Wake up; it’s time for your first day at your new school!” Bright Mane, Axton’s mother called from downstairs in the living room.

“mmphmph...” Axton murmured, his face buried in his pillow. He didn’t mind waking up in the morning, it was just that his bed was so COMFY! Pulling himself out of his bed and on his hooves he made his way to the shower, only for his brother to push past him muttering “yeah, you can use it now”. Like him, his brother hated getting up in the mornings. However, while Axton actually got out of the bed, Eagle Eyes usually stayed in it for another 20 minutes, which constantly made him a groggy and grumpy morning person after being woken up. After having his shower, he towelled himself off by using magic. Thinking to himself, he thought "Telekinesis with magic isn't actually that hard. Huh." and promptly went out of the bathroom to get ready for his first day at Ponyville schoolhouse.

(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Arriving at the schoolhouse, he made sure he had everything he needed. Textbooks? Check. Exercise Books? Check. Stationary? Check. Last but not least, he made sure his mech-goggles; he had christened them this after the party, were secured around his neck before walking up to the schoolhouse with a last nervous glance behind him; he stepped into the brightly coloured school building.

A mare ,who Axton guessed was the teacher, welcomed him into the classroom. She had a moderate cerise coat, and gave him a small smile as he entered the classroom. “My name is Cheerilee, and I’m the teacher here at the Ponyville schoolhouse. Everyone, welcome Axton as he’s new here. Oh, and Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, see me after class, please”

Axton chose to sit nearby Apple Bloom who gave him a big grin as she nodded towards Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara, making Axton remember the night before. Axton simply gave a rueful smile and a shake of his head and turned to face the front. However, before he could focus on getting on with the set work on that was about to be given, a piece of paper hit him on the back of the head. Picking it up from the floor, he opened the crumpled piece of paper and looked at it, un-amused. It read;

‘When we get to you, you’re dead pony-meat!’
Un-sincerely,
Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

Underneath, there was a scribbling of skull and crossbones.
Laughing quietly to himself, he simply scrunched up the paper and threw it into the bin on the other side of the room, while the duo who had sent him the letter gave him glares that could melt an iron bar.

“Alright, Class, Let's quiet down please, we have a very important lesson to get to, thank you..."

(xxxxxxxxxxxx)

Walking out of the classroom, Axton stepped outside, glad to be out in the fresh air again. Catching up with him, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle came walking beside him.

With a questioning glance, Apple Bloom piped up and asked “Axton, why ain't you scared of them two?” Both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo gave him the same questioning glance, inclining that Axton answered her question.

“Well..” Axton began “Throughout my years of being in Oatsralia, I learnt that I no longer need to be scared of bullies and other meanies, as all they are, one and the same; jealous, cowardly people who have nothing better to do than pick on the defenceless, which I hate. Also, the only reason the bullies pick on blank flanks like us is because we’re special, and we have all the time in the world to find out our special talent and to acquire our Cutie Marks. They’re jealous of our freedom, and that makes them the bullies they are today.”

“I’m glad you’re our friend, Axton.” Replied Scootaloo “Although I think we’ll call you Ax, just to shorten your name”
“It IS a bit of a mouthful” Sweetie Belle commented, as they laughed on the way home from the school. Axton’s first day had gone perfectly; he’d fended off bullies, and managed not to be intimidated by them. But most of all, he’d learnt not to be sad about being a blank flank, and had learnt an important lesson;

‘Be yourself, for that is who you are.’

Author's Note:

Please note that I don't really have much of a schedule for writing up my stories/fanfics, but If any of you want to know how far I am to releasing a certain chapter, or something of the such, please PM me.

Also many thanks to Fluttershy Auditore for proof-reading my work.

Many thanks,
AxtonTheMechanist