• Published 10th Mar 2013
  • 1,853 Views, 142 Comments

New to Ponyville; A Young Colt's Adventure - AxtontheMechanist



Axton Coglink has just moved in from the far-off country of Austallia. Along with his family, he eventually groups up with a few young fillies who call themselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

  • ...
2
 142
 1,853

The Awakening

Chapter 5- The Awakening

Lights blurred all around his eyes as Axton opened his eyes, the sudden light blinding him momentarily. After his eyes had adjusted to the near-blinding light of what seemed to be a hospital ward, he found himself being stared at by many-a-pony. However, before any of them could get a word in edgeways, a doctor barged through to check up on him.
“Ah, awake already I see! Quite the coma you’ve been in, hm?” The doctor pony remarked “Anyhow, you can call me Doctor Stable or ‘Doc’ as the others prefer to informally call me.” He chuckled lightly at this statement, making Axton smile a little.
“Uh... Doc, how long have I been out?” Axton questioned the doctor, worried that everypony may have thought the worst.
“Actually, that’s what has worried me... Axton, you’ve been out for three months, and that’s longer than anypony has ever been out due to magic over-use.” Doctor Stable explained “I'll just check you over once more before letting you get back on on your hooves, ok?"

Eventually, after his parents had greeted him, with a few tears and his mother saying “I’m glad my little Axty is ok. Such a brave young colt”. Even Eagle Eyes was impressed and said so when he remarked with a small smirk “Well, you’re tougher than I thought, you magic little blighter.” (Eagle Eyes was a Pegasus like his mother, but Axton was a Unicorn like his father). His father simply looked at him with a look that said "I’m glad you’re ok, but you’re a tough little bugger like your father so I had no doubt from the start". After his parents had left, his mother being the reluctant one to leave Axton alone which irritated him a little, but nonetheless made him happy as he knew that he wasn't forgotten.

Finally getting down from his hospital bed,after those embarrassing tests performed by the doctor, he walked out of the hospital, picking up his goggles along the way and securing them loosely round his neck. All three of the young fillies, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, decided to greet him by running up to him with grins plastered all over their faces.
Scootaloo decided to speak up first “So, Ax, you really beat up Dumb-Bell? Awesome... but then again it must’ve hurt what with you falling into that coma.”

Sweetie Belle chided “Now now, Scoots, you know he’s been in hospital, of COURSE it hurt!” before politely continuing “Anyway, Axton, we would like you to come with us. So, Axton, Do you accept?” She said this in one of the most ladylike tones of speaking he had ever heard.

“Eh, I don’t know...” Axton hesitated.

Before he could make a decision, Apple Bloom went and gave him puppy eyes before asking in an incomprehensibly cute “Pretty please?” I mean honestly, who could say no to that level of cuteness?

Rolling his eyes and smiling a little he answered “Alright but no-“before he could finish one of the three, Sweetie Belle squealed “Blindfold him!” before his world turned to blackness.

Adjusting to the light yet again, after the blindfold was pulled off he found he was in a small room, which he guessed was a tree-house. The one room of the tree-house consisted of a table, a small painted table complete with plates & flowers on the table. Also, a small poster adorned the wall, which Axton guessed was for the roll-call, along with a lamp hanging from the ceiling from a piece of rope above what looked like a painted target. Axton guessed that was the thinking spot. Next there were two windows on the left and right of the tree-house. All in all, it looked a decent place to hang out, and had
Apple Bloom, seeing the impressed looked on Axton’s face, beamed like a six-year old filly on a Hearth’s Warming and decided to explain.

THIS is the Cutie Mark Crusaders Clubhouse!” Apple Bloom announced in a voice which seemed to Axton something that would rival a Royal Canterlot voice. Turning back to a normal voice she began her explanation “The Cutie Mark Crusaders, Or the CMC, are dedicated to helping those who don’t have their Cutie Marks!”

“Which seems to suit you well seems and though you don’t have yours neither!” Scootaloo pointed out.

“Anyway, before somepony butted in,” Apple Bloom sent a look in Scootaloo’s direction “We decided to let you in to the Cutie Mark Crusaders! Along with Babs Seed, you’ll be one of our newest members!” All three of them looked at Axton expectantly, waiting for a response.

“Well... meh, whatever I guess it couldn’t hurt to get a little jump start on getting my Cutie Mark.” Axton said this with a smile. It felt good to be part of something for once.

“Then on behalf of my fellow fillies,” Sweetie Belle announced regally “I welcome you to the Cutie Mark Crusaders!”

Author's Note:

This chapter is a new start for Axton, so nothing too big will be happening yet. I'll decide. Anyway, many thanks to;

Fluttershy Auditore; for proof reading my works.

Gears are grinding,
Axton