• Published 10th Mar 2013
  • 1,852 Views, 142 Comments

New to Ponyville; A Young Colt's Adventure - AxtontheMechanist



Axton Coglink has just moved in from the far-off country of Austallia. Along with his family, he eventually groups up with a few young fillies who call themselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

  • ...
2
 142
 1,852

Moving in to town

Chapter 1; Moving in to town.
The Sun shined down on Equestria as another new day came to a brightening new dawn. Rubbing his sleepy eyes with his fore-hooves, Axton woke up to the new day to the sound of his mother working downstairs, within the kitchen of their house, to what sounded like cooking. Axton was your everyday young colt, although he hadn't quite acquired his Cutie Mark yet ; which saddened him a lot as he always felt left out of modern society wherever he went. He constantly had to hide, or deal with bullies, and although he wasn't the brightest colour in the crayon box, he had a certain intuition, his dad called it a ‘keen mind’ that was passed on down through the family. His coat was a Khaki colour, like that of the desert camouflage and his mane was more of a dirt-coloured brown ,and was very messy due to him just waking up tired and on the wrong side of bed; but nonetheless fit in with his coat. The smell of morning pancakes drifted into his nostrils, making him think (rather bizarrely) of chocolate sauce, slowly lifting him from his fairly sized ,but nonetheless small, bed, his nostrils flaring as he caught onto the scent of sugar, lemon and pancake mix. Recently, about a day or two ago, he and his family of four had moved into PonyVille, a place full of life that had many happy faces to welcome him into town, along with his father, Axel Wrench, his brother, Eagle Eyes, and his Mother, Bright Mane. He remembered the night before when he had just moved in along with his family, when a bright pink pony had burst in, demanding a welcoming party, which included cupcakes, music and bright decor along with an (apparently) humongous towering cake... How could his family say no?

(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

The sun was mid-way through its course over Equestria and the family had just settled in to the house and decided to relax. However, Axton had different ideas as to what he wanted to do, as he had finished packing his room up AND made it tidy, which was mainly due to his mother’s incessant moaning and nagging. He wanted, over anything, to go to Sugar Cube Corner. Since moving from Oatsralia, he’d heard everything of it from his pen pal Iris Sapphire, who had been through Ponyville while on vacation, who said the cup-cakes were tantalizingly sweet and that they tickled your taste buds like a morning flower. His mother bade him well before checking he had a drink and a small map in his saddlebag; she nagged more than he could even begin to comprehend, and Moving onward, he eventually found his way and was off to where Sugar Cube Corner was when, with the help of directions from a few of the locals. He had almost made it when-

“Hey there! Who’re you?” A voice questioned loudly behind his back, making him jump off his hooves a few feet into the air.
Startled, to say the least, he turned around to see a blindingly pink pony facing him with bright blue eyes and crazy hair, which gathered together would probably dwarf the size of his own body, staring at him with a inquisitorial look on her face.
“Uh... me?” He stammered, whisking his head around, looking if the weird looking pony was speaking to anypony else. “M-My name’s Axton Coglink, you?” finally, facing this pony that seemingly came out of nowhere. How can a anypony be so sneaky? He thought to himself.
The Pink Pony came weirdly close, casting a searching eye upon him as she looked him up and down and said “Your’e not from around here are you?”
“Uh no, but-“
“GREAT! That means we can give you a WELCOMING PARTY! My name’s Pinkie Pie, by the way!” The pink pony was bouncing up and down now ecstatic right to her very core. All of a sudden, she stopped bouncing up and down, and stood, wide eyes staring at him expectantly. Axton, being only a young colt answered accordingly with a lopsided smile;
“Ok... Good to meet you? But about that party I guess you’ll kinda have to take it up with my mum. She lives near this giant tree down the street, you can’t miss it.” He seemed perplexed by this pony, as well as the fact of coming from nowhere, she also seemed to be extremely hyper and was showing so by constantly bouncing around him in circles, which, as well as making him slightly dizzy, was a bit irritating.
After hearing his answer, she stopped mid-bounce in front of him and stopped to grin at him wildly. “GREAT! I gotta party to plan and friends to make and people to meet! Weheee!” She zoomed off in the direction of what was the giant tree like a giant tree near his house without further warning, leaving a dust cloud which looked uncannily like the shape of her in her wake.
“Well”, he thought to himself “that was... random.”
Warily, he looked around him, making sure that any more random ponies didn't pop out of nowhere at him and went into Sugar Cube Corner to get one of those cupcakes.

(xxxxxxxx)

Author's Note:

Please note that this is the first chapter to give all you mares and gentlecolts a look at my writing. I'm thinking of doing more but I'll see how it all turns out with all of you.

AxtontheMechanist