• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 2,229 Views, 187 Comments

Lucky's Seven: The Changeling Hunters - Lucky424



It was eight months later when the others turned up. Just what were the Seven up to during that time?

  • ...
6
 187
 2,229

Epilogue Alpha: There Ain't no rest for the wicked

Beep........

Beep........

Beep........

Beep.......

Beep........

Beep........

Beep........

Beep........

Beep........

Huh? I'm still alive? But how? I slowly opened my eyes and was rewarded with a white ceiling.

Beep........

Beep........

Beep........

Beep........

Beep........

Beep........

So I'm back in Canterlot hospital. What happened? I slowly sat up and looked around them room. No one inside, and no shadows against the glass. There seemed to be more equipment in here this time as well, stuff that looked like it belonged in a human hospital. Swinging my legs off the bed, I attempted to get up but ended up a heap on the floor. At least they left my underwear on this time. I caught one of the wires attached to me and pulled it from my chest, setting off an alarm.

The door swung open and three nurses rushed in, before coming to a halt....... “Hello ladies, did you miss me?”...........and then fainting. “Yep, still got it.” I reached up to the railing on the side of the bed and pulled myself up. As my head crested the mattress, I met with a set of light magenta eyes.

“Now that you have finished messing around with my castle staff, perhaps you could get back in to bed, and wait for a check up before going for a run through the castle this time?”

“Yes mum.” I eased my way back on to the bed, and laid back down. “How are the others?”

“They are fine, although I believe Colonel Feather is still trying to avoid one Twilight Sparkle.”

“Ah, he'll be fine. Celestia.........what were those things? They looked human, but they had wings.”

“You did not expect them to operate the ship with hooves and mouths, did you?” I just raised an eyebrow at her before I heard the sound of footsteps walking along, and the door swung open, revealing a woman in a dark blue gown.

“I trust without my wings or horn that you will not refer to me as your 'guardian angel' again?”

“.....Luna?”

“Of course. You know we can use this spell.”

“uh....yeah, sure. So you got my letter then?”

“Yes we did. And we are not happy about that.” The look on her face was..........unreadable, so I didn't know what to say. “Why? Why did you do it?”

“I had to. If there was even a chance that they would stick to their word, I had to take it.”

“I see. Well this time, you are to stay put until medical staff say you are fit to leave. Is that understood?”

“Yes ma'am.” She got a creepy smile before turning back to the door.

“Good. Girls?”

CUTIE MARK CRUSADER NURSES! YAY!!!!!


A week later......

“Ah Rarity, you have arrived. We.....I mean, I have been waiting for you. I have need of your skills.”

The white unicorn looked around the room, but could not spot the princess of the night. “I'm glad to assist in any way, Princess Luna....but where are you?” There was a slight fluttering from a curtain separating one half of the room.

“Please, I need to you to be non-discretionary about this. Only my sister, my niece, the guards, and the other Bearers will know of this. I need....you to make me some clothes.”

“As honourable as it would be to do so, surely there is somepony of higher quality skill who could help you with.......” She trailed off as the curtain was drawn back. “......oh my.....I....understand.”


Two days later.

“I apologise again for my sisters absence. She was called away on urgent business that could not be avoided.”

I looked at the Sun Princess and just smiled. “I understand. I feel like I am in the wrong for leaving without saying good bye though.” I just nodded to the Seven, there was no need for anything to said between us, as I made my way over to the other ponies waiting in town. “Lady Sparkle, Lady Fluttershy, Lady Rarity, Lady Applejack, Lady Pie, and Lady Dash. I would just like to say that is has been an honour meeting you. I will never forget the experiences I had with you, and you have brought a light in to my life that I never knew existed.”

They all pulled me in to a hug each, although Dash's was a little rough, and when she pulled away I could've sworn she was crying. I turned to the first ponies I had met when I arrived here. “Lady Belle, Lady Applebloom, and Lady Scootaloo. You three haven given my a purpose that I never had in my previous life. I was just coasting along until I came across you three. I will never forget you. I promise you that.”

I bent down to give the sniffing fillies a hug, but they bowled me over instead, clinging around my neck. This was heartbreaking. I had become a sort of uncle to these fillies, as well as some of the others, and now I was leaving. Going home, never to see them again. “Girls, I know this is a sad moment, but I want you to think of all the good times we had together, and focus on them.” I felt them nod slowly as they backed off me.

I stood up, and turned towards the only member of royalty present. “Princess Celestia, it has been an honour serving you and your sister. I only wish that it was easier to travel between our worlds, for then I could return with ease.” I finished with a bow, and I felt Celestia's head lower on to my shoulder. Thank fuck she can't see my smile. Armour, you better come through on this!!!

“It has been an honour having your serve us, more than you know. I am happy you are going home, but I too wish you could stay a bit longer.” I was pulled in by her wings as her forelegs draped around my shoulder, and I heard something dripping on to my shoulder.

I pulled away from her an adopted a cheeky grin. “Tia....I never thought you would feel that way about me....”

She just looked at me and wiped away her tears, before realising what I said. “C-c-c-captain!!!! That is not a the way to talk to your princess!” She held her glare for a moment before bursting out in to laughter, and I joined in with her. After a few minutes we had calmed down and she spoke again. “Truly though, you will be missed, by all of us.”

I just lowered my head and looked towards the floor. “As much as it pains me to say it, I must now take my leave.” I turned away and walked out town, not looking back.


“Okay, read that back to me.”

“50°26'25.81 N 4°59'57.87 W. You sure those are the right co-ordinates?” I looked at Simon as he sat in the command chair of the Luna.

“Since when do I get things like that wrong?”

“All the time. You can't even get to your house from town, and it's only two miles!”

“Dude, stop worrying. On the other hand, are you sure about this though?”

“Yeah.....I'm sure. So, timer is set to exactly 365 days. Ready to sync?” I watched as they all checked their watches, and they all nodded. “3....2....1....sync.” We all put our wrists together to double check, and sure enough, they were all counting down at the same time. “See you guys in a year.” We all bumped fists and Simon escorted me to the exit ramp. I went to step off when I felt a tug on my shoulder.

“Last chance dude. Are you really sure you want to do this?” I turned around and looked him in the eyes.

“Of course, I'll just be another two months after you get back.”

“Okay, I'll see you in a year, and buy you a cold one.”


The ponies all stood in the town square, looking in the direction of the field where the humans had landed their massive ship. There was a loud noise, followed by a rush of wind as the glowing blue lights running underneath its hull came in to view in the night sky. It inclined slightly before accelerating away at a maddening pace. There was an orange blur that darted towards the field.

“Scootaloo!!!!!” Taking her daughters lead, Spitfire shot off in a blaze of fire, trying to catch up. The other ponies galloped/flew along as well, but when they arrived, there was no sign of either pony.

“Celestia, where did they go?” The princess turned her attention to her student.

“I do not know. I just hope Luna has a wonderful vacation.” The sound of laughter came from the tree line, and they galloped over, brains exploding at what they saw. Piled high and spread wide were human supplies. There was their survival kits, boxes of food, clothing and plenty of ammunition. But sat there, in the centre of it all, was a single human, in a dark brown coat, tickling an orange filly. “Lucky? Why didn't you go home?”

The human just stood up and picked something up off the ground. It was the HUD unit that they had made for him from his broken mask almost a year ago. He placed it on over his head, speaking as he walked towards one of the crates, which was covered by a cloth on the top. He raised his arm as well. “I'll go home in 364 days, 23 hours, 14 minutes and 17 seconds.”


“Sir, the ship is detecting another life sign on board!”

“Where?”

“In the cargo bay!”

“I'll go check it out. Keep heading home.” As Simon left the bridge, the Luna left the planets gravity and sped out of the system. Five minutes later and he was walking in to the cargo bay with his pistol drawn. “I know you are in here, so you might as well come out. It'll be easier for us both.”

There was a couple of bangs to his right, and as he shifted his vision, a rather attractive woman walked out in to the light. She wasn't overly beautiful, but definitely striking. Her body was very generously proportioned as well. “Admiral, I apologise for hiding like this, but it was for a surprise. Pray tell, where is Captain Fire Rain?”

“I don't think you are in the position to be asking question. However, I am, so....who are you and what are you doing on my ship?” The mysterious passenger just pointed to the necklace she was wearing, the jewel was a shining pearl......in the shape of a crescent moon. “......fuck!” He put his pistol away and heaved a great sigh. “Come on, we've got a lot to talk about. Oh, and welcome aboard the Princess Luna, Princess Luna.”


“But....there was a surprise waiting on board for you!!!”

“A surprise.....for me?? So, seeing as I am still here, why not tell me?”

“You will find out in time, they will return....it, I am sure. But more importantly....why are you still here?”

He just pulled the cloth off the crate and revealed an array of weapons. He picked up one that he did not have before, loading it and slipping the sling over his shoulder. “Why am I still here? Well I guess that's pretty simple.” He just walked over to the Seven and stood in front of them “There ain't no rest for the wicked.”