• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 2,222 Views, 187 Comments

Lucky's Seven: The Changeling Hunters - Lucky424



It was eight months later when the others turned up. Just what were the Seven up to during that time?

  • ...
6
 187
 2,222

Epilogue Hotel: How can I fly and not walk?

“Captain Fire Rain, is it really you?” I turned to the pony that was addressing me. It wasn't a pony. “I thought you had gone home?”

“Yeah, I went home, but that doesn't mean I can't visit from time to time. So how have you been Pokey, and why are you in Canterlot Castle?”

“I am the official Changeling Ambassador for Equestria now. My role is to make sure that the needs of Changelings do not interfere with ponies lives. There were a few bumps at first, but everything is sorted now. So to what do we owe the pleasure of your visit?”

“I was coming by to check up on Luna, haven't seen her for six months. And I thought she might like an update on Selene.”

“Who's Selene?”

“I'll let her tell you when she's ready. Till then, I'm not going to say anything. See you later Pokey.” He waved and I carried on to my destination, the guards ignoring me as I made my way up to the princesses bedchambers. There were two doors in the corridor, on with a sun and one with a moon. I gave a tap on Luna's door, and I heard a voice call me in. I opened it and saw a rather big mess. There were books, parchments, and quills everywhere. “Well, at least I can blame Selene's messiness on you now.”

Luna's head whipped round before she pulled me through the air with her magic, ending in rib crushing hug. “Alec! I was wondering when you were coming!! Now, how is our little one doing. And is Tia doing okay??”

“Not to bad, her magic tantrums have dropped off the radar. I'm sorry I didn't bring her with me, but I don't know what the teleportation would do to a child. My parents have got her for a couple of weeks, which is why I managed to get here. Tia's fine, she''s coming along quite nicely. Simon was a little shocked at first, I had to drag him out of a bar multiple times, but he's finally come to terms with it, and is doing a good job. I brought some pictures of Selene, if you want to see them.”

“I understand. And of course I want to see pictures!!” I sat down on the bed and opened the envelope in my hand. “Aww, she's so cute. I must try and make time to come see her. But for now, how long can you stay here?”

“Two full weeks, starting from this morning. Why?”

“Well, when I was on Earth, I spent all that time as a human, and since returning I have been researching transformation spells.............”


It was well past one in the morning when the night guards were patrolling the castle. This particular route had them going past the princesses room. Two of the four went along the floor below, whilst the others went along the corridor. As they were about to leave and head down, the sound of a door opening got their attention. Upon turning round, they saw a rather large sandy coloured pegasus stallion with rather messy wings emerging from Luna's room in the air. He looked round once and waved at the guards, before heading the opposite way.

“HALT! IN THE NAME OF THE PRINCESSES!!!!”

The two guards dived at the stallion and brought him to the floor, but he was much stronger then they considered. A hoofful of guards heard the shout and came rushing in just as the stallion flew up once more. Two of the pegasi guards slammed in to him hard, sending him flying through the air and impacting the wall, where he slid down to the ground, finally subdued. The one in charge emerged from the pile on the floor. “Take him to the dungeons, Luna can decided what to do with him in the morning. Thank Faust she didn't wake through all this, she has enough on her plate while Celestia is off visiting that other place.”

The guards attached shackles to the stallion's legs and dragged him away. The leader noticed that he didn't have a cutie mark. Well that's strange. No matter, it is for Luna to decided.


Three months previous, on Earth...


“Tia, are you sure about this? I mean, it's not a bad thing if you are, but......well, it would put you in the same situation as Luna. Do you really want to go through with that?”

“Yes Captain, I do. I have not seen Luna this happy for ages, and I must admit I am quite jealous of her. Now tell me, where is Simon hiding? I must tell him this news.”

“He's not hiding, he's just taking his ship through it's shakedown cruise. He should be back tomorrow.”

“What is his ship called?”

“No name yet, but I think he will go with the same theme we have with the rest.”

“And what theme is that?”

“Well, my ship is the Luna. The six Pelicans we have are the Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack, and the Rarity. So seeing as my ship was named after my princess, I'm guessing he'll name this one after his princess.”

“You mean...”

“Yep, the UKSC Princess Celestia. Now I believe you have a check up to get to. Don't look like that, Simon told me. Now let's go.”

“I hate needles.”


Luna was sat on her throne listening to one of the most boring proposals she had ever heard. It was something to do with the pegasi having certain paths to different locations, a 'flying highway' of sorts. Oh I was he could be here. At least it would give me something to look at. I got to admit, I wasn't expecting him to come out so..... A shudder ran through her spine as his flanks made an image in her mind. She was snapped out of her thoughts as the brain dead politician finished speaking. “...so then your highness, what do you think of my proposal?”

“It is a good idea, we give you that. But it will also mean that pegasi have to follow these routes exactly, thus taking away their freedom to fly almost any where. Did you take this in to account?”

“Yes we did your highness, and our research shows that it would be the same as it is for unicorns and earth ponies. They are restricted to the paths they must take, why not pegasi?”

“Are you saying that if a unicorn or earth pony were to stray from the paths, that they must be punished?”

“No your majesty, I just thought that......oh, I never looked at it like that. I was merely trying to decrease the time a pegasi spent in the air, meaning less strain on their bodies.”

“I have an idea. Why don't you come back later this evening and join myself and my other guest for dinner, then we can have another look at your suggestion and see if we can work something out.”

“Thank you your majesty.” The stallion bowed low and left just as one of the guards came trotting in.

“Apologies your majesty, but we caught an unknown stallion in the castle last night. We placed him in the dungeons and brought him here this morning. We can take him back if you are too busy to deal with him now.”

“That will not be necessary, bring him in.” The guard bowed low and left the throne room. Shining Armour approached from a door to the side. “Did you know of this captain?”

“No your majesty, it is the first I've heard of it. I came because I want to see the pony who managed to get past all my guards without being seen till he left.” Luna just nodded and moved her gaze back to the door way, where they could see some guards dragging a bundle along the ground.

“I said take this fucking thing off my face! I at least want to see where you are taking me! And if you would just undo my wings, I can fly there instead of you dragging me.….OW! Watch it you fucking morons, there's a step there!”

Armour and Luna looked on confused, as they both recognised the voice but were quite shocked to see him shackled and blindfolded. The blindfold was removed and he blinked a few times before realising where he was, and looking up to the throne. “Luna, do you think you could tell these morons to let me the fuck go, before I get mediaeval on their flanks?”

One of the guards struck him across the face. “You will not speak that way to the princess, and you will speak when spoken to, understand?”

“ENOUGH!! LET HIM GO AT ONCE!” The guards moved close and removed the shackles, slowly backing away. “Captain Fire Rain, please come sit with me.” The guards that had brought him in moved away faster, and the one that had struck him started to shake.

He stretched his wings out and started to hover towards the guard. “Next time, I won't go so easy on you. Get the fuck out of here.” The guard turned and ran as fast as he could, the others following. The captain flew up to the throne and sat next to it. “Hey Luna. I tell you, waking up in the dungeons is not fun! Hey Armour, how's it going?”

“What the buck is going on?”

“Huh? Oh Luna turned me in to a pony for a bit. Quite a surprise that I became a pegasus. What's even weirder is that I can fly with no problems, but I can't walk with four legs properly as of yet. I also miss my fingers.”

“Oh. So how long are you staying?”

“A couple of weeks. I thought I'd have a little explore of the country whilst in my disguise. And I can finally challenge Rainbow Dash to a race.” Luna looked at me with a smirk on her face.

“I do not think such an action would be wise in her current state. She has gained some weight since being married to Lieutenant Starfyre.” She leant close to me and whispered in to my ear. “Besides, you can not leave until tomorrow at the latest, we have to finish last nights activities.” As she said this, she started to nibble on my ear, and my wings shot out to their full extension, going really stiff. The whole room burst in to laughter at the sight, and I just stood there like a statue. Dammit, why couldn't I be an earth pony?


A day later and I stepped of the train in to Ponyville, Armour and Cadence with me. They had come down to see their nephew, and to Twilight the good news. Looks like Equestria was having a baby boom. I saw a blur darting from tree to tree as two fillies ran between them on the ground. They were a little bigger since I had last seen them, almost coming in to their teenage years. “Hey guys, I'm going to have some fun, I'll see you at the library in a bit.” They nodded to me and left, whilst I turned in the direction of the the fillies.

I slowly made my way over and got behind one of the trees, waiting for the orange blur to appear again. When it did, I leapt out and caught her from the air, making her scream as I landed with her under me. There was a shout from my left before I found myself weightless, and then an impact which sent me in to a tree.

Looking up, I saw Sweetie Belle with her horn glowing, Applebloom tensing to charge, and Scootaloo glaring at me. “Well girls, it's been along time, but it's nice to see you. And Applebloom, you're getting as strong as your sister.”

They all relaxed a little while staring at me. “Do we know you? You know us, but Ah ain't ever seen you around before.”

“Hmm, I suppose you haven't, not like this anyway. I tell you what, why don't I get you something from Sugarcube Corner, and you can try to figure it out along the way?” They nodded at me and we walked off, them staying behind me. It didn't take long to get there, and just as I was about to open the door, Scootaloo asked me a question.

“How come you don't have a cutie mark?” I ushered the girls inside and sat them by a table.

“Simple, one would not be enough, I'm a stallion of many talents.” They just looked even more confused than before. “So do you girls have yours yet?”

Applebloom stood up and walked round so I could see her flank. “Ah got mine! Mah brother Big Mac broke our plough a while back, and we didn't have t' money for a new one, so late one night Ah snuck out and went it to the tool shed. Next thing Ah know Ah'm being woken up by Mac, who had a smile on his face. Ah had fixed the plough an' when Ah looked, this here beauty was on my flank!” The mark was a crossed hammer and screwdriver, with a green apple behind it.

“Very nice. So what would you three like?” I saw a pink mane emerging from the kitchen, and the owner skipped over with her eyes closed, stopping at our table.

“Hi, welcome to Sugarcube Corner! Can I take your...orde.....ord....or.....” I looked up at her and she was staring back at me. “YAY! NEW PONY! I can throw you a welcome to Ponyville party!” She looked at me eagerly with a smile on her face, which slowly disappeared. “Wait...........you're not new. You've been here before.” I could see the gears in her head running on overtime, so I thought I'd spare her the torture.

“Yes Lady Pie, I have been here before. It has been around eighteen months since I last stepped foot in Ponyville.”

“Lady Pie? Only one.......person ever called me that.” She rubbed her chin with a fore hoof. “.......Lucky, is that you?”

“Bingo.” The were three shouts of joy as the fillies jumped at me. I caught them all and put them back down. “Calm down girls, I still owe you that treat.”

They all took their seats opposite me again. Scootaloo was the first to speak up.“But why are you a pony?

“Luna turned me in to one whilst I am here. It's only fair, she was human on my world, and this time I'm visiting out of choice. And seeing as you three were the first ponies I saw, I thought I'd come see you before anypony else.”

I looked at each one of them in turn, and as I looked to Sweetie Belle, she turned away with pink cheeks. I got up to go and pay for the snacks, but I wasn't the only one to notice.

“Now Sweetie Belle, what's Chip Mint gonna say if he catches you starin' at 'im like that.?”

“Applebloom shut up! But you got to admit, he is quite hot now. And those flanks....”

“Yeah, Ah know.” She replied, twisting her head round before seeing Scootaloo's smirk. “I know you were lookin' as well Scoots. Ah won't tell Pip, and you don't even think about telling Rumble, or Ah'll.....”

A male voice sounded from above behind them. “Do what?” They lifted their heads to see Thunderlane standing above them. “Well, it seems I have something to use as blackmail to make sure you treat my little brother right.”

“Hey, is this guy bothering you three?” They all whipped their heads around to me. I had four milkshakes on my wings. There is no way in hell I'm passing up on the chance to see Sweetie Belle look so damn adorable. “I think you'd better leave now, my friend.”

The other stallion walked up and looked me over once. “Huh, really? I've never seen you before, so what are you doing around these three fillies?” Mr and Mrs Cake had poked their heads out of the kitchen at the raised voices.

“None of your business. Thunderlane, isn't it?” He nodded. “Remember that creature a while back that killed a fuck load of Diamond Dogs and Changelings?”

“Yeah, that hoo-min thing. What about it?” I just smiled at him and was about to reply when the door burst open, Pinkie Pie at the front, with the Seven behind her. They all crowded round me and looked on in shock. Jet was the first to speak up.

“Wow Captain, when Pinkie told us I thought she was nuts. But damn, what happened to you?”

“Luna. I'm going to be staying for a couple of weeks like this. Then it's back home, and back to being a 'human' again.” I turned back to Thunderlane, and just smiled.

Author's Note:

I had way too much fun writing this chapter. It came to me a few days ago, but I wanted it after the birth scene. Who knows what kind of issues a pregnant woman turning in to a pony would bring, right?

Oh, and in case you are wondering....

I also snuck another reference to another story in there, I wonder if any of you can work it out? It's one of the ones that whenever someone asks me for something to read, I point them in the direction of, and the ones that come before it. And if by any chance the author of said story is reading this, which I admit is a very low chance..........I'm sorry!!!!