• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 2,229 Views, 187 Comments

Lucky's Seven: The Changeling Hunters - Lucky424



It was eight months later when the others turned up. Just what were the Seven up to during that time?

  • ...
6
 187
 2,229

Epilogue Omega: Legacy of the Sun and the Moon

“.....and that's the story of how your mother and father came to be. So, any questions?”

“I have one granddad. If that place is real, how come we haven't heard of it school?” I ruffled the little boy's hair and smiled at him.

“You're just as intelligent as your mother, Tyson. The reason you haven't heard of it is because those that know of it's location swore to keep it a secret. The ships have that location tagged as a black hole, so they don't go there.”

“It's just a story anyway. That place doesn't exist, and you know it.” I just sighed and looked to his friend sat opposite us.

“Stella, I am going to say something to you, something that I have believed all my life. Stories always start with some truth.” She just crossed her arms and looked away. I heard the door open and turned to face the newcomers.

“Dad, we're home. Where are you?”

“In my study, my dear.”

“Your study? But....you haven't been in there for years. Why are you in there now?” She walked in the door and stood there, her best friend behind her.

“Selene my dear, you look just like your mother. And Leo, you are just like your father.”

“Come on dad, you know I look nothing like mum did. She's beautiful, either way. So what stories were you telling them?”

“They wished to know how you came to be. This room holds all of my memories.” Selene sat down next to me, and Leo next to Stella.

“And did they believe you?”

“I'm not sure. The only way to prove it would be to show them.” Leo got up and walked out the room. We could hear a muffled conversation, and then he came back in.

“Good news Mr Luckes, I got clearance. We can go.”

“Really? How?”

“You forget I'm now Shadow zero-one, it's my call anyway. The Sparkle VII is on it's way to pick us up.”

“Are you saying this 'Equestria' is real dad? And does mum know?” We all looked to Stella.

“Of course your mother knows, I told her when I knew she was the one fore me. Now as for the truth, why don't you come along and see for yourself? You are on holiday after all.”


“Princess Sparkle, we have some guests in the castle!” The on duty princess looked up from her tea and smiled.

“So it is time. Dispatch somepony to fetch Luna and Celestia. And have the visitors escorted to the private waiting room.

“It shall be done, your highness.”

“Dusk, how many times do I have to tell you to call me 'mum'?”

“As many times as you want, I will only call you that in private, your highness.Cheeky, just like his father. Oh White Feather, how I miss you.


“Pray tell, why have we been summoned?” The messenger had said come to the throne room urgently, and Luna arrived at the same as Celestia.

“I do not know, just that we were bid to make haste.” They both entered and trotted up to their thrones. “Twilight, why did you summon us?”

“You'll see.” She turned her attention to her personal guard. “Dusk, please bring them in.”

“Right away, your highness.” He turned and left through a side door.

“He still calls you that?”

“He refuses to call me anything else. He is so much like White Feather, it's like I'm watching a clone of him.” As the tears started to gather, a dark wing draped across her back.

“Come now Princess Sparkle, do not weep for him. We explained this to you both when we offered this position to you. He did not want you to remain tied to him after, you know this. He wanted you to be happy.”

“I am happy. I have Dusk, and my grandfoals. And my great grandfoals. But, still I will outlive them all. Is it right that I should live on whilst they pass?” A white wing joined Luna's.

“My dear Twilight, you have had to deal with this a few times, but I must confess, it never gets easier. We have merely learnt to hide our emotions over the years, as will you. But never forget them, to do so would dishonour them.” The doors started to open. “Now, calm yourself, our visitors are here.”

They all looked up to see five humans walk through. Two were children, the boy only just in to his teenage years, and the girl almost a young woman. The were three adults, two middle aged, a man and a woman, and an elderly man, wearing a red uniform with four thick silver lines around it at diagonal angles, and in the middle was the Equestrian Military symbol, overlaid by a three bladed propeller.

Luna and Celestia shot forward, each hugging one of the younger adults, before turning their attention to the man stood as rigid as possible. “Ma'am's. A pleasure to see you again, it's been far too long.”

Luna stepped closer and wrapped him with a wing. “And you too Captain Fire Rain.” She pulled away and looked at the children. “And who might these be?”

“They would be your grandchildren. Luna, Celestia, may I introduce Tyson and Stella. Kids, say hello to your grandmothers.” They backed away a little, until they were pushed forwards against their will. Turning around, they saw Selene's eyes glowing, the same colour as the energy field that encompassed them.

“Now don't be rude, they won't hurt you. Now we are here, you can see everything he has told you is true. Stella, this is Princess Celestia, your father's mother, and Tyson, this is Princess Luna, my mother.”

Luna knelt down in front of the boy to make herself less threatening, and raised a hoof in greeting. He lifted his hand and they shook, before he jumped at her and clung to her neck. Luna just laughed it off. “Well Selene, it seems he is just as clingy as you!”

“Mother! They do not need to know about that phase!”

“Oh I have some stories to tell about you. Remember when you first came here? You thought it was a big joke and tried to ride around on Applejack! I must say, I was proud that you managed to stay on her for so long. Even Colonel Legstrong never lasted that amount of time!”

A unicorn stallion entered the throne room. “Mother, what are these things?”

“Ah Thundering Rain, come. I wish for you to meet someone important.” The stallion trotted his way over and sat in front of Luna. “These are some humans, from Earth. Remember how you asked about your father, and I told you he was responsible for the peace we have had for these many years?” He nodded. “That one there....is your father.” His gaze followed her outstretched hoof.

“Him? But he is old! You said my father was a strong warrior!”

“That is true, and some time ago that was correct, but time is not kind to his species. Go, talk with him. We have not conversed in so long, he does not no much about you.” He nodded and slowly walked over to the old man in a seat that looked like it fit him perfectly. Nopony else had ever used this particular one, he noted as well.

“Excuse me sir, but I have a question and it's going to sound a little...okay, a lot, strange but.....are you my father?” The old man looked in to the eyes of the stallion before him.

“Well, you've certainly grown in to a fine stallion since I last saw you, Thunder. I am sure you make you mother proud, and by extension me as well. So, tell me.....what stories does my son have?”

The night passed well, everypony and everyone present bantering as if it was only yesterday they had last seen each other. More faces made themselves known to the gathering. The children of the Seven and the Bearers, with foals of their own. The Cutie Mark Crusaders appeared, also with families. And more and more streamed in to see the Captain and his family.


Early the next morning Selene and Thundering Rain were walking along the corridor talking about each other. It was strange to Thunder, that he had a sister, but from a different species. They had agreed to go wake their father up together, but there was no response to their knocking. Regardless, they pushed the door open anyway, and saw him laying there on the bed.

Making their way over, they noted that it was very quiet in the room, and Selene placed her hand to his forehead. “He's freezing. How can he be so cold......no! NO!” Her hand dove to his neck, resting for a few moments before she pulled it back. She dropped to the floor and started crying. Thunder wasn't sure what was going on.

“Um, Selene? I don't understand.”

“H......h.....he's gone. He's dead.” The sound of hooves on the floor reached their ears, and they turned to see Luna emerge from the shadows, her cheeks stained from tears.

“He wanted you to know he loved you. That goes for you as well Thunder.” Selene jumped up and glared at her mother.

“Why? Why didn't you save him? You did it before, why not now?”

“Because he didn't want me to. It was his final wish, to go peacefully. I was with him when he.....” As a fresh wave of tears sprang forth, and Selene approached, wrapping her arms around Luna's neck.

“I'm sorry mother. I wish I was here with you, but I don't think he'd want that. I doubt he even wanted you here, he hated being seen when he wasn't well. Come on, lets go tell the others.”


Over the next few days, the news spread like wildfire. Only one headline across all the papers, 'Captain Fire Rain, hero of Equestria, last of the Changeling Hunters, had passed away in his sleep'. The funeral had been arranged, and the plot selected years before. In his will he wished to be placed with his squad. The entirety of Canterlot had closed for the day, with the exception of the essential personnel. The route had been carefully selected to pass through each area of the city, in an attempt to allow all the inhabitants to pay their respects.

The procession made it's way slowly along the path, Luna leading, with the children of the Bearers carrying the casket. They eventually reached the cemetery, which was high above the castle, allowing their spirits to continue watching over the city and its ponies. It was only a small area of land, with only thirteen weathered headstones. They formed a heptagon, and on the left went as follows: Bearer of Laughter, Pinkemena Diane Pie; Colonel Lightning Strike; Bearer of Honesty, Applejack; Colonel Hammer Legstrong; Bearer of Loyalty, Rainbow Dash; Colonel Starfyre. And on the right, Bearer of Generosity, Rarity; Colonel Nova Fusion; Bearer of Kindness, Fluttershy; Colonel Jet Streak; Macintosh Apple; Colonel Cannon Bolt. Each one had personal notes on them, as well as fresh flowers.

The single headstone of the thirteen read thus: General White Feather. And it would forever stand alone unless a tragedy were to occur, something that through these ponies actions was no longer possible. The procession made it's way past this area and up on to a higher one, where four more headstones awaited, along with a newer fifth one, for the final member of the original Shadows. Many ponies came by to offer their blessing on the next stage of his journey, along with many Changelings. The biggest shock of all was when Discord appeared, the new Bearers, who were the descendants of the others, were ready to get rid of him should he try anything.

Instead he just placed his hand on the coffin, and spoke in a quiet voice. “Good bye my friend, and good luck on your next journey.” He just got up and backed away, allowing the family to approach as the coffin was lowered in the ground. Luna looked on with them as they allowed their tears to run free. Twilight stepped forward and levitated a rather tatty looking and quite small book in front of her. She opened it to a pre marked page and began to read.

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.......


A few hours later..........

Tyson was wandering around the castle when he stumbled upon the Hall of Remembrance in Canterlot Tower. He didn't understand what the 'wake' was all about. He started at one end as he studied the windows, learning as the worlds history unveiled around him. He came to one and stopped. This one had a human in it. And so did the next three or four, the last ones having five. As he got to the end he noticed a mannequin. Upon it was a set of armour meant for a human. The outside was a brown leather duster, and the inside was something that looked like old fashioned riot gear, covered in strange markings. On the head was a strange device.

His curiosity overwrote his other senses as he reached up his arm and pulled it down, putting it to his eye. It was suddenly enveloped in a blue aura and he turned to see Luna looking at him, her horn aglow. “I'm sorry, I know I'm not meant to touch, but....”

“Hush child, you are not in trouble. I was merely going to say you have it upside down. Here, allow me.” She turned it up the right way and floated it over his head, pulling the straps taught. “You are the spitting image of your grandfather when he was a child. I wonder how you will turn out?”

“There you are Tyson! I've been looking everywhere for you! What are you doing in here?” They both turned to see Selene, Leo, Stella and Celestia there. To everyones shock, he walked up to Celestia and dropped to one knee.

“I will do whatever my Princesses ask of me...............”

Author's Note:

I couldn't think of any more chapters. I know a couple of you gave me some ideas, but I couldn't make anything decent out of them......so here is the final one. Thank you all for reading this dribble.....


Oh, and sorry, but no credits this time round, I can't find the right pictures for them.

So yeah, This is Captain Fire Rain, signing off for the final time.

Brony on, motherbuckers.
/)