• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 2,216 Views, 187 Comments

Lucky's Seven: The Changeling Hunters - Lucky424



It was eight months later when the others turned up. Just what were the Seven up to during that time?

  • ...
6
 187
 2,216

Return to Alicorn Mountain

The Element Bearers were on their way home from the spa when they noticed the four humans stood around the guard station, and they could hear noise coming from inside. Overcome, by curiosity, they trotted over and Twilight made her enquiries. “Admiral, who's in there?”

“Can't tell you that, it's a surprise”

“But.....nopony lives there any more. There shouldn't be anypony in there!!!”

As she said this, the door swung open and stood there, in a set of his Guard Captain armour, was Captain Fire Rain. He looked over the mares and smiled, before approaching and bowing. “Ladies, it's a pleasure to see you again.”

'THUD'

“Looks like I finally found a way to make AJ pass out around me!”

There were five looks of confusion, before the yellow pegasus spoke up. “But... how..... why..... WHERE THE BUCK HAVE YOU BEEN??????”

“Whoa, easy there Lady Fluttershy. I'm about to head to the library to explain to the others, you're all welcome to join us if you want to.” They all nodded, and Twilight picked up Applejack in her magic, leading the way.

Once inside, it got very crowded, with 13 ponies (albeit one was still out), five humans, and one dragon trying to make room comfortably. Finally, when everypony settled, I told them what had happened.

“I came to about two weeks ago.....”


Everything was a haze as I opened my eyes, and my senses were suddenly filled with pain, I let out as massive scream. As quickly as they came, they disappeared. Looking around, I saw my clothing draped over a chair, and whoever it was had left my underwear on me. Getting dressed, I noted that I only seemed to have my pistol. Not sure where I was, or what was going on, I decided to have a look round this house. And then I heard what sounded like a child crying.

Heading in to the next room, I stopped dead. There was a foal in crib, but it was black, had a long blue mane, soulless eyes, and holes in it's hooves.


“So Lightning Gale, what is the weather going to be like today?”

“Huh? Oh Blue Note, didn't see you there. We got some rain scheduled for this afternoon, so if you are going to take Mirage out, then I suggest you cover up. It's going to go on for a while.”

“Okay, thanks for the info. Have you heard from your.......” The pegasus mare was interrupted by a shout coming from her house.

“WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOMINATION?”

Turning and flying to her front door, she opened it as something came jumping through the window and rolled on the ground. Standing, the creature looked around, saw her and the other ponies. And then it saw them.


As I got up I looked at my surroundings. There was a pegasus mare by the door to the house I came out of, a few ponies dotted here and there, and a few black blobs.

“Changelings! Everypony get down!” I drew my pistol and aimed at the nearest one, but to my surprise and confusion, the ponies all stood in my firing line. “Move! Do you know what they are?” I felt a tug on my leg and looked down to see the Changeling foal from inside had followed me and was looking up at me with those soulless eyes. The mare at the door gasped and started to creep forward.

“Mirage Light, come here honey.” She looked up at me and I could see the fear in her eyes. “Please. We'll give you anything you want. Just don't hurt my foal....”

Bending down, I lifted it up with one arm whilst keeping my pistol raised at the others. “I want an explanation. Now.”

The mare just sat down and lifted her hoof, and I saw that some of the ponies were about to charge me, but her action had stopped them. “You are in Prancesylvania. My name is Blue Note, and I was told to pass on a message if you were to harm my foal.”

“What's the message?”

“Pokey will be spending another night in jail if you harm her.”

Pokey? Why does that name sound familiar?Wait, the Changeling that helped us find the hive! But how did I get here? Moving slowly, I bent back down and put the foal on the ground, then backed away. To both the mares and my surprise, it followed me. I looked to the mare and shrugged. “I don't know why, but kids like me. Now, how did I get here?”

“Pokey followed you to the Hive, and when he didn't see you emerge with the ponies, he knew something was wrong. He managed to find a way inside, and grabbed you after you set off your weapon. The way he took to get out was tight and you hit your head on the way out. He brought you back here to heal you. It was touch and go for a long time, but he managed it with some help from the others.”

“You mean....I was saved because....of Changeling magic?” Blue Note just nodded. I lowered my pistol and sat down. “How long have I been here?”

“About eight months. Pokey has gone to Canterlot to inform them you are alive.”

“Why didn't he go sooner?”

“Because we didn't know if you would make it.”

“I see. In that case thank you. Now I must take my leave. Which way is it to Canterlot?”


“So that's what you meant by 'friends in hole-y places'”?

“Yes Streak, that's what I meant. It took me almost the two full weeks to make it, I didn't realise just how far away I was. When I got back, I had quite a big shock waiting for me.” I looked at the other humans as they smiled back at me.


Slipping in to Canterlot unnoticed was easy, the castle being a little harder. My plan was to surprise the Princesses during the court, but instead I found them both outside. They were sat around a table with some bipedal creatures joining them, with what I believed to be my guns against the nearby wall. Sprinting my way inside, I made it to the throne room and saw my sniper rifle on a plinth to the side. Picking it up, I made my way back outside and sat on a low wall.

Raising it up and looking through the scope, I noted the they creatures looked human, and they all had their backs to me. I chambered a round and clicked the safety off. One of them got up and went to pick up a weapon, so I sighted on that and shot it before they could pick it up. The moment the rifle fired, there were flashes around me as unicorn guards teleported in and pegasi dropped to the ground in droves. The creatures had all stood and withdrew pistols, aiming them in my direction.

Making their way over, Celestia and Luna push through the crowd, and looked me in the eye. I lowered my rifle and ejected the spent casing, chambering a new round. The looks on their faces... I wish I had a camera. “Celestia, Luna. Sorry I'm late. So.........what's new?”

I was tackled off the wall by a white blur, and as my head stopped spinning I was aware of being pinned to the ground. Looking up, I saw the teary magenta eyes of Princess Celestia. “Uh, hi. Nice to see you too. Can I get up?”

As she nodded and backed away, I managed to get to a kneeling position before I found myself flat on my back again, this time covered by a blue pony, with tears streaming out of her light blue eyes. “Princess Luna. It does me good to see you well. May I be allowed to stand.”

“No.”

“I see. And why not?”

“Because I am never letting you go again.”

“Doesn't matter how many times you do, I'll always come back ma'am.” Slowly, she got up and I actually managed to make it back to my feet before they spoke again. Celestia started.

“Captain, we have a surprise for you.”

“And we think you'll like it.” The both parted and pointed their hooves at the other creatures. The one with gold stripes approached me and started to talk.

“.....Alec? Is it really you?” I just wrinkled my brow in confusion, I couldn't see who it was through the visor. I watch them raise their hand up and undo the seal, before slowly lifting it's helmet off.

“......S-s-simon?”

“Yeah, it's me. We've come to take you ho....” SMACK. I looked down at him sprawled on the floor, rubbing his chin.

“TEN MONTHS!!!! TEN FUCKING MONTHS!!! WHAT THE FUCK TOOK YOU SO LONG???”

“Damn, you've gotten strong. As for why we took so long, we got here a fast as we could. I'm sorry we couldn't get here sooner, but we would have if we could.” I leant forward and offered my hand, pulling him to his feet.

“Well then, welcome to Equestria.” I pulled him in to a hug. Yeah I know, sounds gay. He's my best friend and I didn't think I'd see him again, okay? I looked around at the others, who still had their helmets on, and tried to work out who they were. “Lets see. Lanky, quite skinny, carrying a rocket launcher. Dave.”

I watched as he pulled off his helmet and gave me a cheesy grin. “'sup dude.” I just smiled back and continued to the next one.

“Skinny, shorter then me, carrying a M249. There's only one person I know who'd choose one of those. Ben. That's a surprise, I thought you would have stayed with your daughter.”

He too pulled of his helmet, and I was correct again. He just shrugged at me. “I told her what I was doing and she said she wanted the 'funny man' back.”

I just laughed with him. “Yeah, I can see that. Now then, the last one. Hmm, my height, skinny as well. Carrying a sniper rifle, which means that others can only stand to be around you for a short time.” I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at the ground before continuing. “Really? Of all the people you could've brought Simon, you brought Daniel?”

I watched as he took his helmet off and he smiled smugly at me. “What? We are on a planet with freaking talking horses on it, and you can't believe I'm here? I'm hurt!!”

“Whatever. So, how did you get here?” A flash from Celestia's horn interrupted us, and a scroll appeared. She read it over before passing it on to me. I couldn't believe what it was.


I looked at the gathered ponies as they waited with baited breath. Suddenly Spike spoke up. “It was the letter about the ponynappings, right?” I just nodded at him and continued.

“We made our way back here as quick as possible. I needed better weapons, so we headed to their ship. It was a bit of a surprise to see what it was, but once I saw their armaments, I knew just what to take. By the time we made it to the forest, it was clear you weren't coming that way. We had just crossed the bridge when we saw you. The rest you know.”

There was a groan from the couch as the mare finally came back to the world of the living. “Ugh, what the hay happened? And why am Ah in the library?”

Twilight walked over and put her hoof on AJ's shoulder. “You passed out, and we brought you in here.”

“Ah had the strangest dream. Lucky had come back to us. But.....Ah no that's not possible.” Twilight gently shifted her hoof to AJ's face and turned it to face me. I just waved at her before being tackled by a pony.....yet again.

“Hi Applejack. Nice to see you to...” I wash interrupted by a very pissed off mare.

“Just what in the hay were you playin' at? Do you know what my sis has been through since that day? And not t' mention the other two, 'specially Scootaloo!!! You best get out there an' apologise to 'em, before I buck you out there. Y'all understand me?”

“Yes ma'am.”

Author's Note:

Well, at least you know how he got back now. It's time to start focusing on the Seven, and what they did first.