• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 2,223 Views, 187 Comments

Lucky's Seven: The Changeling Hunters - Lucky424



It was eight months later when the others turned up. Just what were the Seven up to during that time?

  • ...
6
 187
 2,223

What happens in Los Pegasus..............

I awoke to frantic and hushed talking, but I could just about hear what was said. “Now Lady Spitfire, I am quite sure she is safe. Once the others come over we shall start looking for fer.” I was in the spare room of the library, and it was then I realised that Scootaloo was not where I left her the previous night.

I went to roll over, but something was in the way. Moving my head slowly, I saw magenta hair pressed against my back. I leant over the other way and quietly but firmly tapped on the floor, hearing hoofsteps on the stairs moments later. Going back to lying on the bed, Scootaloo had moved slightly, allowing me to roll on to me back.

She cracked an eye open and looked at me, before snuggling closer. I heard the door open, and put my hand up to make sure that whatever pony was entering would be quiet. I saw Feather poke his head in and look round, before he smiled and backed away. A moment later, Spitfire came through the door, looking to me, and then her daughter. “Aww, if only I had a camera.”

Scootaloo came fully awake then and looked up in surprise. “Mum, what are you doing here?”

“You didn't come home last night and I got worried. When I was told you were with Sweetie Belle and Applebloom, I came over. But you weren't with them. I can see you were perfectly safe though.” She looked to me again. “Thank you for looking after her Captain.”

“You're welcome ma'am. To be honest, I didn't even know she was there till just now.” I looked down to the filly still resting against me side “And I believe it's a school day?”

“But I don't want to go!!! I want to stay and hear more stories.”

“Scootaloo, the stories they are talking about are not something I wish for you to hear. Is that understood young filly?”

“Yes, mum.” I had to stifle my laughter at the looks they were giving each other. I gave her a quick hug and rolled out of bed, heading towards the shower. Not being a morning person, I wasn't all that aware, and thus I didn't notice that the water was already running as I drew back the curtain.

Needless to say, Twilight's magic actually hurt with out my padding, and she'd have to get the builders in to fix the human shaped hole in the wall. I saw white out of the corner of my eye as a pony trotted towards me. “You know, there are others ways to scare a mare that don't involve walking in on them showering. Especially if they're pregnant.”

“.....Feather..”

“Yes sir?”

“Shut up!”

"Yes sir!"


After quick visit to Ponyville hospital and a undisturbed shower, I made my way down on to the main floor expecting to see Feather and Twilight waiting for me. Instead, there were four pegasi sat on the sofa drinking what looked like tea. “Lady Fluttershy, Lady Dash, this is an unexpected, but welcome surprise. Starfyre, Streak, not working today?”

The two stallions immediately jumped to attention, and Starfyre spoke up. “Yes sir, but we have our own tale to tell you. It was just us four there when the events happened, but......I'd.....rather tell you without Dash around.” 'SMACK'

I just stood there in shock as Starfyre rubbed the back of his head whilst looking at Dash with a rather apologetic face, whilst hers looked like it could melt through battleship armour. “You still have to make that up to me. One, if you remember, you have to call me Lady Dash till I say otherwise. Two, I still can't believe you didn't know that wasn't me!!!” As she was talking, she had got up and started to stalk towards him. I stepped in between them and blocked the incoming pain as a purple blur came running down the stairs.

“Hey Lucky, have you seen Twilight?”

“Sorry Spike, I think she's out this morning.”

“Oh. I was hoping to get the day off. Trixie, Morning Glare, and Aethelinda are back in town, and I was hoping to go see them.”

I just scratched my head as I looked at him. “Who the hell are Morning Glare and Aethelinda?”

I watched as the little dragons cheeks started to turn red and he shifted from foot to foot. There was a clink of china as Fluttershy put her cup down and turned to us. “Morning Glare is the stallion that the Changelings imponynated to get close to Trixie. They have been inseparable since that day. And Aethelinda is a pretty young dragoness, who is Trixie's assistant.”

I just smiled at Spike who was looking around the room nervously. “Spike, take the day off. I'll take the flak from Twilight.” He looked at me for a second before there was another purple blue and the front door slammed shut. Turning around, I looked at Starfyre who seemed to be fearing for his life. “Star, why don't you start from the top?”

“Yes sir. It was a couple of weeks after Manehatten, and we were all given a week off, so Lady Dash had the idea of us four taking a small vacation to blow off some steam......”


As we entered the city, the first thing we did was look for a bar. With Los Pegasus being in the middle of the desert, I was beginning to wish that had taken the train, but we didn't due to Dash's need to fly everywhere. After cooling of with a couple of pints off cider, which have nothing over Applejack's, we made our way back out in to the street, and towards the massive hotel we could see at the other end of the strip. We had exclusive use of the Wonderbolts penthouse suite at the most prestigious hotel in the city, thanks to my sister.

Once we were through the door, we all looked on in shock. The suite was the size of a large Ponyville house! I pulled our luggage inside, separating the bags as to who they belonged to. Dash and Fluttershy flew straight towards them as myself and Streak headed towards the kitchenette to see what food was available.

We caught a flutter of movement as Fluttershy flew in to the room I'd be sharing with Dash, before she poked her head back out. “Now boys, I don't want you to come in here until I say so. Is that understood?”

I just looked at Streak and he shrugged. Turning back to the mare, I just nodded, to which she just smiled and closed the door with a solid thump. “What was all that about?”

“I dunno, but let's get some lunch while we wait.” We fixed ourselves a couple of sandwiches, and had just finished them when Fluttershy reappeared from the bedroom and came trotting over.

“Streak, can we head out for a while? I would like to see the zoo today....if that's okay with you?”

“Sure, we can go now. Catch you later Star.” I realised that Dash hadn't come out yet, and called after them just as they were leaving the room.

“But what about Dash?” Fluttershy just turned and giggled, looking at me with a look that said 'you lucky stallion'.

“You can go in after we leave.” She followed it up with a wink and then pushed Streak out of the door, pulling it closed behind them. I just shrugged and went over to the bedroom and opened the door, where my brain sputtered to a stop over what I was seeing.


“Star, if you say anything else, you'll be sleeping back at the guard station for a month!”

“Don't worry Da....Lady Dash, I wasn't going to say any more on that part.....I think it is quite obvious that we were busy. As you can tell sir, it seemed to be a pretty normal day...and this is where Streak takes over.”

I swivelled my chair around to face the other stallion, who was staring at Fluttershy for some reason, and she was refusing to meet his gaze. A few taps on the arm rest and he snapped back to reality. “Huh? Oh right....that afternoon. Well, Flutters and I left the hotel, and got a cab to the zoo.....”


“Jetty? What's wrong? You keep looking behind us.”

“I.....think we're being followed. Hold on.” I leant forward and tapped on the hatchway to the driver, and thankfully he popped it open. “Hey bud, I think we've got some unwanted attention. Third cart back, red and green one. Any chance you could lose them on the way?”

The stallion had a quick look to see what cart I was talking about, before nodding and turning sharply down another street, with the other cart taking the same path. “Jet, why would anypony be following us?”

“It could be somepony who thinks we are new Wonderbolts, or it could be somepony after you.”

A look of sheer horror crossed over her face as I said this. “After me? But....why?”

“Could be because you are an Element Bearer, and somepony wants to use that as leverage. It could be from your modelling career. You looked beautiful in those pictures by the way.” Her face had become relaxed at this, and her cheeks started to turn a little pink. “Or it could be because you're so sexy, they can't stop following us till they've got you!”

“Oh Jet, stop it. Now I know you're just teasing me.” I was about to respond when the cab came to a sudden stop, and the driver opened the door. We got up and I saw that we had made it to the zoo, and our mysterious stalker was nowhere in sight.

“Thank you, and a good job you did there.” I paid the fare with a few extra bits for loosing our pursuers, and went to queue for a couple of tickets. I heard a squeak from behind me and turned to see Fluttershy being mobbed by reporters and tourists with cameras. She just curled up in to a ball and hid herself from their view. I left the queue and stood by her side, extending my wing to block her even more. “Leave Lady Fluttershy alone. She is here on vacation and does not wish to be disturbed. It is time for you to leave.”

One of the larger pegasus reports pushed himself to the front of the group. “I think it is you who should leave. This is our town, and if we want to get photos of one of the Element Bearers, we'll get them.” There were five soft thuds as the local guardsponies descended from the sky and approached from the side. Their leader walked up to the reporter.

“So Money Shot, a couple of out of towners giving you trouble again?” He asked whilst sneering at me.

“Yeah Sarge, he wants us to stop taking pictures of that mare.”

“Who is she?” I growled at the way he just shrugged her off, and pulled my wing close to my body so that he could see her.

“This....is Lady Fluttershy, one of the Element Bearers. And these vultures won't leave her alone when she is trying to have a peaceful vacation. I suggest you remove them before I do something I'll regret.”

“Really now? Well, that I'd like to see, as there is only one of you, and five of us. So, before we kick your flank, would you care to tell us your name so we can inform the hospital staff?” I listened as the other four stallions started to laugh.

I caused them to stop when I started to chuckle myself. “My name? Of course you may have it. It's Jet Streak. Lieutenant Jet Streak. And I am ordering you, by the powers given to me by the princesses themselves, to remove all those in Lady Fluttershy's path.”

The sergeant just stared at me wide-eyed before waving the other four guards off. He turned to Money Shot and blocked his camera from us. “Leave now, or I won't be able to help you.”

“But Sarge, he is only one pony!!!”

“Did you not recognise his name? He is a Changeling Hunter!!!! You won't stand a chance!! And besides, if you assaulted him, you would be assaulting a guard pony. Remember what happened last time you did that?” I heard a low grumble before he took wing and flew away, with the other reporters following suit, and the tourists all looked at me with mixed looks of fear and awe. “I apologise for my actions sir, and I will have a couple of local guards shadow you to make sure you are not bothered again during you visit.”

“That won't be necessary, but thank you anyway. I'm sure if anything happens around us, you'll be the first to know it.” I turned to Fluttershy and helped her back up, pulling her under my wing. The guard just nodded at me and flew off, likely towards his station. A city this large would have multiple precincts. A new stallion, well dressed, made his way over to us. “If you are here to talk about my actions, or those of Lady Fluttershy, then I will have to ask you to leave. We are here for pleasure, not business.”

“Actually sir, I am the director of the zoo.....and I was wondering if it was true about Lady Fluttershy's ability to.....calm animals.....some of ours having been acting a bit strange lately. And to apologise for the incident just now, I would like to offer you both free life time entry to the zoo.”

I felt movement against my side as Fluttershy lifted her head up and looked to the stallion. “I would love to help, please take us to the ones in distress.” The director just smiled and nodded towards the staff entrance, as the security guards stood to the side and let us in. I caught movement out of the corner of my eye, and turned just in time to see a black shape hide in a tree. I left it alone for the moment, as I was sure it would show itself again, and soon.

Author's Note:

Okay, so it wasn't what I had planned originally, but I couldn't help thinking this would be better.