• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 2,222 Views, 187 Comments

Lucky's Seven: The Changeling Hunters - Lucky424



It was eight months later when the others turned up. Just what were the Seven up to during that time?

  • ...
6
 187
 2,222

Epilogue Kilo

Luna and I spent most of the morning in the library, mainly so that the ponies who had heard the news but hadn't seen her would leave her alone. The only problem was that to make up for their 'punishment', the Bearers were going to take us to Sugarcube Corner for lunch and let us get 'whatever the hay we wanted' as Fluttershy put it. They were currently thinking of a way to get there without drawing attention when I got up and walked in to the bedroom.

“Um, Twilight?? What is Alec up to?”

They all turned round to see I had disappeared. “I don't know Luna, but we best find out.” They were about to look for me, when I stepped out again. They were slightly shocked, to say in the least. “Alec, why have you got that back on?”

“This? Well, we need a distraction so you can get Luna to the bakery.....and what better way than a Wonderbolt flying through town?”

“But....but you're just a colt!! The minimum age is eighteen!! And you've only been a pegasus for two days!!”

“Yeah, but they won't know that unless they get close enough. And I learnt to fly before I could walk, so that's not a problem.”


“But.....” Twilight wasn't given time to further argue as he darted upstairs and flew out of her bedroom window. The shadows outside the lower floor started to back away, and she cracked open the door, glancing round. “It's clear. Come on, let's go.”

They left the library and managed to make it to Sugarcube Corner without any incidents. Pinkie led them to one of the booths in the back, so that they could keep things private, before running off to fetch some menus. They looked over them for five minutes before the door opened, and they saw a messy brown mane above the tables. Pinkie ran over and scooped him on to her back, and they saw he wasn't wearing his outfit any more. Rarity was aghast at this. “Darling, what ever did you do with your clothes? Please do not tell me you ditched them?”

“No Miss Rarity, I didn't ditch them, but they may get covered in tree sap.” He noted the confused looks and elaborated. “I ran in to Scootaloo, and after telling her what happened, she said she'd wear it and distract everypony, which meant I got here undisturbed. Now, where's the food? I'm staved!”

Twilight shook her head at his comment. “But you filled up on pancakes this morning! How can you be hungry?” Rainbow Dash flew and over and picked him up, squeezing him once before plopping him the booth next to Luna.

“For being such an egghead Twilight, you tend to forget things easily. He's a pegasus colt, almost a teenage one at that! You know that all that is on their minds at that age is food and.........Alec, if you don't focus on your food, I will separate you.”

He tore his gaze away from the filly next to him. “Yes Miss Dash.”


The rest of the day was spent with Fluttershy helping with her animals. The idea was that we would be left alone if we weren't in the town. The one pony that had discovered us spent most of his time trying to get his camera back from Dash. When asked why he didn't go tell anypony else, he just said he wanted an exclusive, to which we came to a compromise. He could take some photos, but we would decided which ones he could keep.

We managed to snag a private area in one of the restaurants for dinner. It was a surprise to see that they actually had a single round table for at least twenty ponies, but it was a good thing as the Seven and Mac came along as well. Something seemed to have Bolt smiling like a mad pony, and the way Mac had a hoof over her stomach.......yeah. I think Twilight and Rarity realised how cruel they had been with their punishment, as we were given free reign over what to choose again. It was going okay until the music started drifting up from the floor below. “Oh but they would look so good!”

“Fluttershy dear, the reason we requested this table is so that they could eat in peace. Now you are suggesting that they go downstairs, where everypony can see them, and dance? I think not, we have done enough to them today, and besides,” She glanced over to the two ponies in the centre. “It is time to get them to bed, the poor things must be exhausted.” A dainty snoring from the blue filly caused them all to start giggling.


I awoke to find myself in a different room from the day before and noted that it didn't even seem to be the same building. I felt a warm body between my hooves to find I was spooning with Luna again, but she was back to her normal size. Slowly untangling myself, I gently kissed her on the forehead which cause her face to scrunch up, and made my way out of the room.

I still wasn't sure where I was until a voice spoke up from further down the hall. “Well good morning darling, I was just coming to see if you and Luna wanted any breakfast. I trust she is back to normal as well?” I just nodded in my sleepy state. “”A pity, I had some more outfits for her to try. I'll leave you to wake her then, and come down when you are ready.”

Heading back in to the room, I wondered whether I should wake Luna gently, suddenly or...... grinning to myself, I stood by the bed and extended my wings, bringing them forwards and placing them on Luna's flanks. I slowly started to brush them across her fur, to which to she stirred at. I pushed more firmly, eliciting a moan from the dozing Luna, who came awake. “Mmm, that's nice.”

“I could do more if you want me to. We've got time before Rarity makes breakfast.” Luna's horn flashed once and I found myself pulled closer to Luna. “I take it that's a yemph!!!” Luna cut me off by pressing her lips to mine......


I strode my way through the school gates, heading to the reception area. I had received a call at work asking me to come and see the head teacher. I wasn't sure what was going on as I pressed the buzzer at the door. “Good morning, how can we help you?”

“It's Mr Luckes, I have an appointment in ten minutes.”

“Please come in.” The door unlocked and I signed in, taking a seat in the reception area. I heard the intercom again but didn't hear what was said. A man came out from from an office and walked over to me.

“Mr Luckes, thank you for coming. There has been an incident involving your daughter. Please follow me.” I got up and walked towards his office, giving a quick glance at Selene sat outside..... before I noticed the young boy on the opposite side of the room. Leo as well. What the hell happened? The door was closed behind me, and I sat down at the desk. “It happened earlier this morning, and was caught on camera. I must say, this could be shocking to see. We certainly don't know what to make of it. Here, watch.”

The TV in the corner flicked and and he pressed play on the remote. There was a few second of static before a part of the school came in to view. I saw the volume increase and looked to the head. “Sorry, we have microphones out there as well.” I turned back to the TV.

Nothing happened until a pair of feet shuffled along at the top of the screen, before Selene appeared reading a book as she walked. She didn't see the other five children standing in front of her, and walked right in to one of them. “Hey! Watch where you walk freak!” He shoved her back and she clenched her book to her chest. And then the other children started to speak as well.

“Ha, look at that! Her book is the only friend she has because she's such a freak!”

“No wonder her mum never comes to parents evening! She knows she's a freak, and doesn't want anything to do with her!”

Selene had tears falling down her cheeks. “My mother loves me!” Her eyes started to glow blue. The tape was paused as the head took his glasses off and sighed.

“I just want to say that the other children who were there are being punished, except the boy in the centre. He's in hospital. I'll play the tape so you can see what happened.” The tape resumed play.

The boy in the middle grabbed the book from Selene, throwing it behind him. She shot forward to grab it, and he shoved her again, but harder this time sending her to the ground. They stood around her laughing as she cried. A flash lit up the screen and another child, a boy, had appeared. His eyes were also glowing, but with the intensity of the sun. “Leave her alone! She hasn't done anything to you, so why do you have to be so mean?”

The lead bully took his chance and leapt forward, punching Leo in the face and sending him to the ground. “Because we are better then her. And you. You're both freaks and nobody likes you! You should just both join the circus as they take freaks!” With a roar of rage Leo stood back up and lunged at the boy. His fist connected, but as it did, it sent a burst of flame at the child, causing his clothes to catch fire. The others turned and ran while he rolled on the ground in agony.

Selene got up and with a flash of her eyes the fire stopped. She knelt down next to the boy and looked at him. “If we really were freaks, we would have left you like that.” She got up and turned away. “Thank you Leo.” She walked off and Leo just stared at the boy, before kicking him once in the stomach.

“Next time, maybe you will think twice before picking on someone....freak!” He then walked off as well. The tape ended there.

“So them Mr Luckes, my question to you is....what the fuck happened? I can see you know, and I must ask that you tell me. If your child is dangerous, then I must ask that she be removed from this school!”

“Selene is not dangerous. She is very precious to me. None of this would have happened if it was not for the other children attacking her. Now as for Leo.....I'll let his father deal with that. And yes, I know him. In fact, he's my two-i-c. You know I'm military, so that shouldn't come to a shock to you. But no, I will not tell you what just happened. Now, what is going to happen to Selene?

“Unfortunately, two of the girls cornered her in the toilets at break time. They say they only wanted to speak and Selene attacked them. She won't say anything about it, so I will have to suspend her for two weeks. It is school policy.”

“I see. Well, thank you for informing me of this incident. I'll deal with her at home.” I stood up and shook his hand, making my way over to the door when some shouting came through from the other side.

“WHAT DID YOU DO LEO? WHAT DID I SAY? DON'T GET IN TO TROUBLE! IT'S YOU FIRST DAY AT A NEW SCHOOL, AND I'VE BEEN CALLED IN FROM WORK!” Yeah, he got called in as well. Time to save the poor kid.

“Simon.....”

He whipped around to look at me. “WHAT?? uh......sir?”

“Go in and see what happened, then come round mine later. And bring Leo with you. We need to talk.”


“.....so mummy is watching from the moon? But doesn't that mean she is...dead?” I hugged Selene to my chest as we sat on the balcony chair, looking up at the night sky.

“No my darling, she is just very far away. One day you'll meet her, I promise. But for now you must be punished for what you did to those girls.”

“I'm sorry daddy, I didn't mean to! They were saying mean things to me, and about Leo, and about you and mummy! I didn't mean to hurt them!”

“You may not have meant to, but you still did.” I could see tears forming in her eyes. “Which is why as punishment you will be spending the next two weeks with granny and granddad.” She gave a cry of joy and leapt around my neck. “I won't be there with you though.”

“But.....why not daddy?”

“I've got to go away for a little. Work related stuff. But I'll be home in a couple of weeks. Until then, I want you to be good, okay?”

“Okay daddy. Am I still allowed to be Leo's friend?”

“Of course my little star. Now come on, your mother is watching and she will tell me off if I let you stay up any later.” Selene turned her head and looked up to the moon.

“Good night mummy.”

Author's Note:

So I managed to come up with some ideas. And yes, I know we had a bit of a time skip. I was planning this for awhile, just needed to think how. Hope you like it.