• Published 2nd Mar 2013
  • 655 Views, 17 Comments

My little party - TheTimePony



When life gets you down we need to be feeling a little bit party.

  • ...
3
 17
 655

Chapter 3- Best Friend Advice

"Sadie what are you doing here?" I asked. I had almost fallen asleep and now someone comes knocking on my door what more could I want!

"Ben I heard about the fire at the bakery can you believe it an old bakery set it self on fire!" She had a tone of excitement and disbelief in her voice. Sadie had always been a character when it came to my friends. Last time I saw her was before she went on holiday and I wasn't really expecting her to come back today. Nevertheless she was a nice face to see just not at this hour.

Sadie had worked as a lawyer for nearly seventeen years and she was amazing! When I was framed for robbing she came and rescued me from the situation and I have yet to repay her. She had left about seven weeks earlier and half way through her holiday said she had met a client who needed a lawyer so she was staying out there for a little longer. This was why I was so confused because she wasn't to return until September the 4th.

"Sadie."

"Yes Ben?"

"Why are you back so early?" I asked

"Well you see I was about to finish the second day of the trial when I had a lucky break through and was able to win"

"Oh right. What was the break through?" I asked again.

"Oh some police fellow I think his name was marshmallow or something slipped up in his testimony and I got them well and hard!"

"Great. When did you get back?" I wasn't really interested but I had to keep the story rolling.

"About a day ago." She replied

"Right. Another question why did you come over to me when you heard the news of the bakery?" I still hadn't figured it out yet but I might as well ask.

"Oh well... I don’t know just thought I come round to you cause well.... I thought I saw you running from the bakery."

"Me? Why would I run from a bakery?" I had to be careful she was playing her cross examine card so I shouldn't give too much away.

"Well you might have gotten drunk and decided to burn down the bakery." Straight away I knew she suspected me and I knew she had proof against me but I still couldn't tell her why.

"Sadie when have I got drunk?"

"I don’t know every Saturday?" She had me there and good. I always went down to our local pub for a drink and I always come out feeling light headed for some reason.

"Well ok I do get drunk but its Friday today not Saturday so why would I get drunk on a Friday?" This time I knew I got her.

"Ha nice try Ben but the great and masterful Sadie knows everything about you and since the masterful Sadie already knows so much about you I wont need to explain anything."

"Sadie... Are you seriously drunk?"

"No I only had a couple of drinks one or two...maybe five.... I don’t know"

"Ok you’re sure your not drunk because you’re not concentrating very hard." She had been very wonky when she arrived and I only thought it had been because she was tired. But after I inspected her after a while I had found that she had a minor stench coming on and was acting more strangely.

"What you mean I am not concentrating...Hey look. There is a chicken!" Just as she said that she flopped on the pavement and started snoring. I had the irresistible urge just to shut the door in her face and go back to bed. However I just thought.

"Two more people to care for and this one isn’t small and cuddly!" I tried to pick her up at first but I had very big difficulty doing so, so I just grabbed her head and dragged her through the door and into the lounge. I got a cushion and a blanket from the drawer (well it was four big cloths put together) and made her comfy.

I walked out of the room shutting the door quietly and headed back upstairs. I crept silently past Pinkie Pie's room to make sure she was safe and went to my room. I took off my slippers and climbed into my ever-waiting bed. Then closed my eye's and hoped that there were to be no more distractions.

I woke up to sudden banging. I mumbled,

"What...What who is it?"

"Ben. It’s me Sadie! What the hell is in the other room?"

"Huh? What you do you mean is..." I straightaway knew what she was talking about or who. Pinkie Pie

"Ben! Ben! What is it?" she sounded more excited then afraid

"Sadie please calm down. I'll explain."

I got up and quickly got dressed. I opened the door to see the room opposite's (Pinkie Pie's room) door open.

"Well" She started

"What is it?"

"Um you may not believe me when I say this but...Um yeah um how do I say..."

"Spit it out will you!" She was getting a bit angry

"Well." I really was scared now. My head was thinking over time whether to say it was Pinkie Pie. Or if I deny how it was there.

"Well what!?"

"It's... Pinkie Pie"

She looked at me with utter disbelief for what I just said.

"Pinkie Pie?"

"Yes." I felt a bit open at this point

"The real Pinkie Pie?"

"Ye...Yes." I felt my hand starting to sweat

"You mean... You watch my little pony?" She started laughing and I put a solemn face on.

"Yes I watch the show..." I had done my self in now. I had always known this would be the reaction I would get from Sadie if I told her but it felt even worse then I had imagined.

"Oh God this is price-less!" She couldn't contain herself and started rolling on the floor.

"Be quiet Sadie you may wake her."

"I'm sorry I’m sorry. But why do you have Pinkie Pie sleeping in your room?"

"Well you know how you said you might have seen me last night at the bakery."

"You don't mean..."

"Yes she was the cause of the fire and almost died as well"

"Oh my god poor Pinkie!"

"I fixed her up best I could but she was in a terrible state." I thought back to the actions I had to take the previous night in order to help Pinkie.

"Oh my the poor thing is she alright now?"

"Yes I think she was fine after I put her to bed."

"Well what are you going to do now?"

"Well that's the thing. I don't really know."

"Hmmm....I know you could give her to a animal center and see what they say?"

"I thought about that but I am pretty sure they will know it's Pinkie Pie and they may take her away and do horrible experiments"

"True. Well what else can you do?"

"I don't know. I just don't know"

"I know I can help you look after her!"

"Are you sure about that? She is probably going to quite a handful when she grows up"

"What you mean grows up isn't she the same age now?"

"No. She hasn't earned her cutie mark yet. That will be a problem because without rainbow dash she may not get it."

"Hmm....Well let's get to that fork when we come to it."

"True. For now what shall I do with Pinkie Pie?"

"I think it's best if we keep her inside the house and let her recover. After that we shall then teach her to speak English and if possible teach her to write."

"That's probably the best advice I'm going to get for now. Ok so now we have our plan of action we are going to need to figure out a schedule to fit around my work day's and yours."

"Oh my work day's won't be a problem."

"What you mean?"

"Well people come to me for a lawyer not me go to them so you won't need to worry about my schedule."

"Then that means you can look after Pinkie Pie whilst I work at the bakery."

"Perfect! I will look after Pinkie Pie and you work."

"Yes."

"There is one more thing Ben."

"What Sadie?"

"I need a place to stay and if I am going to look after Pinkie Pie then I will need to stay close."

"Well if your implying you want me to ask you if you want to move in then you can."

"Great!"

"Just one thing."

"What?" She seemed a bit confused.

"If you want to stay here then you will have to pay a rent for everything including food and toilet."

"WHAT!?"

"I am just kidding you can stay here for free. Just try not to wreck the place." Sadie had quite a habit for picking something up and then finding it to be broken only a few seconds later.

"You got my word." And she gave me a little wink.

As we talked about the schedule Sadie came out with something that I hadn't expected.

"Ben."

"What Sadie?"

"Are you ever going to tell her that."

"That she what?"

"That she is not real."

"What you mean not real you saw her with your own eye's!" I was a bit shocked at what she had just said.

"Not by that real but the fact she was made up by a TV company for little girls."

Sadie had me thinking again. She was right. What would I tell Pinkie Pie when she grew older? Would I tell her the truth or no say anything at all?

"I don’t know Sadie."

"I think if I was in your shoe's to never tell her."

"I agree with you it might not go down so well with her."

So we agreed that nether one of us would ever say anything about Pinkie Pie from the TV to the real Pinkie Pie.

The months passed. I was working when Sadie was caring for Pinkie Pie. She started to recover from her wounds and fully recovered after a month. Then she learned how to read and write and learned her own name in about four months. After she learned her main skills after seven months she started to find her real meaning.

The date now is March the seventieth. Pinkie Pie had grown a lot by now and had learned a lot about cake making and partying from us celebrating mine and Sadie's birthday (Mine was on the twenty-fourth of November and Sadie's was on January the ninth.) We had become a family in most sense but then I remembered about the big meeting coming up on who the host of the one hundredth anniversary would be.

Now I knew how I would help Pinkie Pie get her cutie mark.

Comments ( 4 )

Nice chapter, this is a promising story you got there. You should maybe have done a little bit more about her learning to read and write. But still a good chapter, look forward to the next one. :derpytongue2:

i knew you would start to find it

next chapter come out around 10th of April.

Comment posted by TheTimePony deleted Apr 2nd, 2013
Login or register to comment