• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 2,026 Views, 102 Comments

A Collection Of Geodesic One-Shots - GeodesicDragon



A bunch of single-chapter stories which may or not make sense. It all depends on how you look at them, I guess.

  • ...
19
 102
 2,026

PreviousChapters Next
[2P C H A] Sugarcube Diplomacy

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the breeze feels good against your skin, and there isn't a cloud in the sky. All in all, it's a beautiful day and your mind is full of the things you could accomplish before the sun finally goes down.

On a day like today, you would normally go down to the beach to sunbathe, go to the gym and try to work on getting rid of the old beer gut, see a movie, go to the bar (thus undoing the work you did at the gym), or just relax with your friends.

However, you wouldn't ordinarily find yourself lost in a place you didn't recognise — but that's precisely what has happened this time. You don't know how it happened, but you're fairly confident you should have taken a left at Albuquerque (Avenue) while you were out for your early morning jog.

As you blunder along the path – which has suddenly changed from tarmac to dirt – you hear the unmistakable sound of hoofsteps further ahead. A forest like this seems like a good place to go horse riding, so you run towards the source.

"Excuse me!" you yell as you get closer. The noise stops and you slow down to a walk. "I'm sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you could direct me towards—"

"Eep!"

The sudden gasp of shock cuts you off mid-sentence, and you look down — to find yourself staring at what looks like a unicorn. It has a mint-green coat, a green and white mane and tail, and – for whatever reason – a picture of a lyre on its flank.

The unicorn continues staring at you, a look of shock plastered firmly across its face. Looking closely, you can see beads of sweat forming on its forehead. Clearly, this little unicorn is terrified of you.

"Um, okay..." you scratch the back of your head and take a step forward, to which the unicorn takes a step back. This continues for another minute before you put your hands up. "Take it easy, I'm not gonna hurt you." The unicorn doesn't reply, the look of terror still firmly evident. "Okay, how about this?"

You reach into your pocket and take out the contents, holding them in your hand. You've got your wallet, your keys, your bus pass, your mobile phone — and a packet of sugar cubes you took from the last café you were at.

"Well, it is a horse of sorts," you mutter, tearing the packet open and depositing one of the cubes onto your hand. "And I've never met a horse that didn't like sugar cubes." You hold your hand out towards the unicorn. "Want one?"

The unicorn takes a few tentative steps forwards.

Author's Note:

Story was abandoned at this point because I couldn't think of a way to continue it.

PreviousChapters Next