• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 2,025 Views, 102 Comments

A Collection Of Geodesic One-Shots - GeodesicDragon



A bunch of single-chapter stories which may or not make sense. It all depends on how you look at them, I guess.

  • ...
19
 102
 2,025

PreviousChapters Next
[2P C] Right Place, Wrong Time

STORY #24

Right Place, Wrong Time

You stand amongst a group of your friends, all of whom are passing around a picture. Each of them glances at it for a moment, laughs heartily, and passes it on. The picture eventually finds its way to you, and you look at it. A look of confusion crosses your face as you turn it every which way, trying to make sense of it. "I'm sorry," you say sheepishly. "But I just don't see what's so funny about this."

One of your friends approaches you, the last dregs of laughter leaving him. "We can't be the only ones who get it," he says, indicating the rest of the group. "It's blatantly obvious."

You look at the picture again, but to no avail. Try as you might, you just can't see the joke. "Sorry," you mumble. "I guess I'm just being a bit dense or something."

"Come on, man," your friend says exasperatedly. "Take another look, and focus. You'll get it eventually."

You sigh and scrunch your face up, focusing intently on the picture in front of you. Despite your best efforts, you can't quite see what is meant to be so funny about it.

"I've been doing this for five minutes," you grumble, before you let out a small sigh. "Can't you just explain it to me?"

Your friend facehoofs. "All right, fine," he snaps. "It's a picture of a boarding pass, right?" You nod. "Right, now look at the confirmation code across the top, and read it as you see it."

You do as you are asked, and glance at the six-digit code printed across the top of the pass. Your brain processes the information, and you speak the result. "Gratevij," you pause. "I don't get it."

"Oh for fu—" your friend snarls. The door opens to reveal a mare, another friend of yours, as your friend explodes. "GREAT VAG!"

The mare stands in utter shock for a moment — then closes the door and swiftly trots away.

The room explodes into laughter at this chance encounter, the friend who made the statement blushing furiously. He sets off after the retreating mare, intent on making things right, while you take one last look at the picture — the joke now obvious.

"Oh," you say half-heartedly, tossing the picture onto the table in front of you. "Yeah... that's totally a fake."

Author's Note:

Inspired by this image, and the epicness it spawned on the UK of Equestria TeamSpeak server.

Basically, one of the people on the server didn't quite get it — so I explained it (by saying 'GREAT VAG' in chat) just as one of the female users joined the channel. She quickly switched channels — while everyone else descended into a mad laughing fit.

PreviousChapters Next