• Published 20th Feb 2013
  • 791 Views, 26 Comments

Tom's Destiny - Caleb Roy



Will Tom the Rock earn his wings? Will he become an Alicorn? What is Tom's destiny anyways? Find out in this epic tale of rock hard proportions!!

  • ...
4
 26
 791

Tom's Life Beforehand

Tom the Rock had a hard life. Ever since he was a little rock, he was always crushed and grounded away. When he was just 18 years old, people broke his arm off. They chipped at his arm until it was off because they wanted minerals. Minerals! Can you believe that? How inconsiderate they were. I mean would you want someone to take off your arm because they wanted something you owned. They could have just asked, but NO! They had to tear off Tom's arm. That wasn't the end of it though. When Tom turned 303 years old, someone pushed him off of a cliff because they needed to build themselves a house. A House!! I mean seriously these ponies were so insensitive. Rocks had feelings too you know. Not just that though, people would always say that Tom was stoned, and Tom didn't even do drugs. Everyone mistreated Tom. Tom lived a stony existence, always down and never up. It was horrible, but then Tom was found by Rarity. At first, He thought this would be the day when someone would care for them. It was only partly.

When Tom decided to move in with Rarity, Rarity agreed but only after Tom bothered her for two weeks. It broke Tom's emerald. I mean Rarity said that Tom was her favorite, but then she just threw him off like he was the next fall. Not just that, though, Rarity went and made her 15 year old sister the boss of Tom when Rarity left to go and save the day. I mean really!! Tom was 3,547 years old compared to Sweetie Belle's 15 years old. It just wasn't right. Everyone put down Tom too. For example, Twilight would come visit Rarity, and would look at Tom and say, "Wow you still have that dumb, old rock, Rarity?". That wasn't right. Tom was one of the smartest rocks in all of Equestria. He, in fact, invented the Idiot Formula which allowed any pony to find out whether their friends were idiots or not. Tom also knew practically every formula known to pony kind, and he knew the science of how Equestria changed seasons. Tom wasn't dumb!! No pony listened to him though, they all just called him a dumb, old rock.

Even ponies who should have felt Tom's pain made fun of him. Like, there was this one time when Tom was taking a roll down Luna Avenue, and Derpy stopped him and called him a big, fat baby. A BABY!!!!! Tom became an adult over 2,900 years ago. Not only that, Tom worked out. He wasn't fat, but no pony believed him. They just called him fat. It hurt Tom. He even shed a tear once. Tom, though, had a destiny. He knew in his heart that he would discover it. He told himself this every day, and one day he would discover his destiny. He would, and he knew it. It all started on the third of Celestius in the year 4500 A.S. This is Tom the Rock's destiny.

"TOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!", yelled Rarity.

Tom knew Rarity was angry, so he quickly rushed down the stairs. "Yes, Ms. Rarity", asked Tom meekly, but with his very deep voice.

"Tom, did I not specifically ask you to take out the trash? Why has it not been taken out?", questioned Rarity again.

"Well, Ms. Rarity, I-- I just only have one arm so I can't--"

"Tom!! What did I tell you about making up excuses? I told you that there would be NONE!! So get over here, and TAKE OUT THIS TRASH!!!!!!".

"Yes, yes sorry Ms. Rarity". Tom went over and grabbed the trash as best as he could. He struggled getting it because his arm really bothered him. He used his last arm so many times that it was bigger than Arnold Scharzenpony. Tom was proud of it, but using it so much wore it out. Anyways, Tom thought it was unfair, while he was doing all the chores, Sweetie Belle would go out and play with all her friends. It just wasn't right. Tom knew that he shouldn't complain, though, at least he had a roof over his house...sometimes. Once, when Tom did all these chores for Rarity, Rarity told him that he had to go sleep outside. Not only was it winter during that time, but it was also raining out during that day. Tom was freezing when he came inside the next day, and he immediately had to go to his chores. Then, when anything bad happened, it was always blamed on Tom. In fact, just yesterday, someone stole a piece of cake from Twilight's fridge, and every pony in Equestria blamed it on Tom. Tom was also always getting interrupted, like right now.

"TOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!... You forgot to take out this pizza" Rarity interrupted Tom.

"Pizza?", thought Tom, "When did we order that?". Tom decided to ask. "When did we get pizza, Rarity?"

"We ate it while you were taking forever outside!", yelled Rarity.

"What?!!?", thought Tom, "You ordered Pizza without me!". This just wasn't right. They order pizza, and don't even share any with Tom. Tom hated this type of treatment, but its what he got everyday for his life. Its a good thing rocks were so forgiving because if they weren't, well, then Rocks would have ruled all of Equestria, if not all of Armonia. Rocks, though, weren't that aggresive.

Anyways, Tom went back inside and fetched the pizza box. He threw it out, and went to go to sleep. He comforted himself with a little bit of comedy which was called, the Three Pony Fools. It was a comedy on Equestrian television. It had these three ponies who acted like dumb ponies. One was called Tangly, the other Joe, and the final one was called Jerry. it was a humorous show. Tom loved it. He loved all things comedy. In fact, when Tom got enough money to leave he planned on becoming a stand up comedian. He had perfect jokes. His favorite joke was, "So why did the pony cross the road?", and the answer Tom would reply with was, "Ponies don't cross the roads...Ponies don't even have roads!". Tom loved this joke, but personally, in my opinion, it wasn't that funny. Anyways, Tom loved the show the Three Pony Fools. This show was, in fact, funny.

The next morning Tom was up early making breakfast for every pony. Tom also loved to cook. He thought about this being his second occupation, and every pony loved his cooking, all except for Spike anyways, but who needed Spike? Not Tom (and not Chuck Testa either). When every pony came down for breakfast, they all thanked Tom for his breakfast, to which Tom replied a big, "Your Welcome". After Breakfast, Twilight stormed into the Carousel boutique.

"Rarity! Rarity! Come quick! Princess Celestia needs our help!", Twilight had a tone of urgency within her voice.

"What? What is it darling? What does the princess need now?" Rarity asked.

"I don't know, but she needs us now. A few stallions will be over to get us in three hours! Pack now!!", Twilight then ran out probably trying to go and get the other ponies. Personally, in Tom's opinion, he thought he should have been princess. He thought he would have done a much better job at it, but he would have never been elected. Anyways, Rarity turned to Tom.

"Tommmmmmmmm!! Quickly, go and pack my things!! I need to be leaving soon, and your still standing here!!", Rarity was furious at how long Tom was taking.

"Yes, sorry Ms. Rarity, I will get right on that". Tom went upstairs, and into Rarity's room to begin packing Rarity's things. When he was done, he came down, and told Rarity he was finished. Rarity rushed over and grabbed her things before telling Tom and Sweetie Belle who would be in charge.

"Okay, Tom, Sweetie Belle, listen up, Sweetie Belle, you are in charge. Make sure Tom doesn't do anything bad, and Tom you make sure that you don't do anything bad or else!! Sweetie Belle will report everything that happened while I was gone... Okay, Goodbye you too, and enjoy your lives, I have to go and save the world again". Rarity rushed out the door, and Sweetie Belle turned to Tom.

"Okay Tom... Time to go and get the Cutie Mark Crusaders... We're going to be getting our Cutie marks in... Geology!!" Sweetie Belle finished.

"OHHHHH NOOOOOO!!!!", screamed Tom's thoughts, "This is going to be a very, very, very LOOOOOOOOONG day."