• Published 20th Feb 2013
  • 791 Views, 26 Comments

Tom's Destiny - Caleb Roy



Will Tom the Rock earn his wings? Will he become an Alicorn? What is Tom's destiny anyways? Find out in this epic tale of rock hard proportions!!

  • ...
4
 26
 791

Cutie Marks in...Geology!

It was like this every time Rarity had to go and save the world. Rarity would leave, and then she would put Sweetie Belle in charge. Then, Sweetie Belle would take Tom everywhere, making Tom do everything that Sweetie Belle and her friends wanted to do. Then, when Tom would stand up for himself or others, then The Cutie Mark Crusaders, mainly Sweetie Belle, would threaten that they would tell on Tom. I mean it wasn't even worth it, but suicide, No Tom could NEVER do that. He just dealt with it. Tom was a pretty tough guy, it was just his inside that was soft. Anyway, Tom knew that he couldn't stop what was inevitable so he went with Sweetie Belle without complaint.

It was at 2:00 when Sweetie Belle had gathered her friends: Apple Bloom and Scootaloo. They were all laughing and shouting. Tom couldn't take it. These ponies were so selfish. I mean they weren't laughing about getting some pizza or ice cream or whatever else ponies eat... NO! They were laughing about how they were going to get their cutie marks in Geology...and they were going to do this on, yup, you guessed it, Tom. They didn't even ask for his permission. Instead, they were just going to drill holes, carve pieces, and chisel away at Tom's poor body. Tom thought about up and leaving right there, but Tom, as all rocks are, wasn't a quitter, and neither was he a complainer. Tom decided that he would stay, and hopefully, these ponies would give him the respect rocks deserve one day.

Anyways, it took about an hour before Tom and the CMC made it to the Everfree Forest. Tom advised against the ponies going in there, but they didn't listen to, as they mocked at Tom with, a "Stupid, old, clumsy, and fat rock". Tom was getting furious, but he kept his cool. Anyway, Tom figured that maybe he could make them realize how stupid they were in return when some TimberWolve tried and gobbles them up. Then Tom would be the one to see who was laughing then. Anyway, they entered the forest.

It was a dark and scary forest, the Everfree Forest was. It was so dark that, well, many a black guy was lost in there. No, I am just kidding, but it was dark though. It was also so thick that many a fat white guy got trapped in there. See, all of you racists out there I just put forth two jokes mocking both so there. Stop being angry! Let me get on with the story. Man, why they always got to be starting trouble. Anyways, It was dark, very dark. Most couldn't see. It was also thick, very thick. It was practically a forest of those annoying things that are always getting stuck on you, not allowing you to move. They are so annoying, I mean...

"Hey Narrator! GET BACK TO THE STORY!!!"

Oh sorry, so very sorry audience, right, so where was I? Oh yes, so it was a dark and scary forest. Tom and the CMC were going through the forest like the CMC did every other day practically. Tom personally thought that they were stupid. He also saw no reason for it. "I mean seriously" Tom would imagine "these fillies never got there marks anyway". It was true though, I mean three seasons and not one of those little guys got there little butt tattoo things that determine who somepony is even though half the time they have nothing to do with what you are. Think about Silver Spoon. I mean seriously, a spoon, what type of talent is that? I mean is that really going to change the world. NO of course not, a spoon, how stupid. Anyway, I digress, so Tom and the CMC are walking through the forest. There are creepy noises all around. Every pony is scared, but Tom. Rocks don't fear. Then, somepony steps on a stick, and every body screams, except Tom. Tom is a rock. Rocks don't scream. Then howl of Timberwolves. Everypony shivers together, except Tom. He is a rock. Rocks don't--

"Hey Narrator!"

Oh yes audience?

"Could you maybe make the story, oh I don't know, JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE INTERESTING!!!!!"

Right, right sorry about that audience, will do. Alright then, let us resume where we left off. Tom and the ponies are crossing a mysterious, foggy river. The river itself is going a million miles a minute, swishing in every direction. Howls in the distance are creeping into everyone's bones, except for the fearless rock, Tom, who shows no fear. Then, a lone tentacle shoots up, and everyone cowers back screaming in the highest of girly pitches. The tentacle is grabbed by a huge sea monster who comes crashing down on the beastly tentacle. The tentacle crashes back into the vast bottom below, and the fearsome sea serpent follows. So how is that audience?

"Oh much better, but don't keep interrupting narrator man, its getting a little bit annoying"

Right, right sorry, makes sense will do. Alright before I move on, is there anything else you need?

"Well, could you possibly speed up to the point where we find out about this geology thing?"

Oh of course audience. Alright, so after many travels, the CMC finally come to the filly playground. Now why, you may ask, would there be a fillies playground in the middle of one of the worst forests ever. The forests where practically all pure evil lurks, well, I will tell you, the answer is budget cuts. Yes sir, that is why, the mayor needed money, but the people wanted a playground, so they built one in the Everfree Forest. Simple as that. Anyways, the CMC brought all of their cutie mark crusader Geology equipment. It said it was 100% genuine, but Tom could tell it was bought at a one bit store. Anyways, the fillies went to go play, while Tom sat at a bench. It was, well, boring, especially for a rock. I mean seriously rocks usually lived the high life. They had gold, diamonds, all that crap man. They also had the ladies. No rock Tom knew didn't have a wife. Tom was working on that. He thought he would move out soon and find a nice lady, but he never got around to it. Anyway, Tom sat down. Now audience, do you want me to explain how Tom sat down or can you just deal with the fact that Tom sat down?

"TELL US HOW!!! TELL US HOW!!!"

Fine. fine, alright audience here is how Tom sat down. Man, you guys need to know everything, anyways, here it is. Tom began to roll ever so slightly to the old, wooden bench. It creaked and bore those nasty little bugs called Earwigs everywhere. Good thing for Tom that he was a rock. Tom was within two feet from the bench when a little ladybug came to Tom, and began to speak with him.

"Dear sir? I am a poor old widow. Could you possibly offer me any money? I only need a little bit." said the Ladybug.

"Oh, well, ma'am I guess I could lend you something. Let me see how much I have. Oh, I have these two bits, would you mind that?" said Tom

"Oh no that is perfect" replied the Ladybug. As Tom handed the bits over to the lady bug, the lady bug ripped them from Tom's one arm. She then flew away and called Tom a loser before dashing away. Tom was kind of angry, but then he saw the Ladybug get eaten by a stork. It was kind of like one of those movies. Anyways, Tom continued to roll toward the bench because he really didn't care what happened to a lady bug. He made it to the bench and sat down, but the bench fell apart under his weight. Well, that stunk because now Tom would have to repay all the money for the bench. He blamed this all on taxes. Tom was in deep thought when Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo came over. They all had these really weird grins on their faces. "Oh no", thought Tom, "Something I won't like is about to happen".

"So Tom... we were wondering if we could borrow you for our... Geology tests?", asked Scootaloo.

"Ya, Tom we really need ya'" retorted Apple Bloom. Tom was sure that they really needed him for one of their dang experiments. Tom really hated those butt tattoo things. They were called cutie marks or something like that.

"Please Tom? We won't tell Rarity that you were a bad rock", Sweetie Belle was trying to pin this on Tom. It made Tom furious, but Tom would still need a place to stay so, for the time being, he would allow them to do their geology thing. After all, how bad could it be (Don't you hate this question in a story, I mean whenever it is asked you know something bad is about to happen especially when they put this phrase in a sentence then you just know some thing is about to happen... Don't you also hate it when some one puts in parentheses a humongous hint as to what is about to happen... Ya, I hate that too).

"Fine" replied Tom, "Just for now".

"Thanks Tom", replied Scootaloo, "Thanks a ton". When Scootaloo finished, of course, she pulled out, yup you guessed it, a huge sledgehammer. Apple Bloom followed her lead and pulled out a jack hammer. Then came Sweetie Belle with her prized... HUGE HAMMER MALLET. Yup, Tom went and said the phrase, and something very bad did happen (at least for Tom).

"Well...Crap" said Tom, "Just crap".

"Okay Tom, now this may only hurt a bit", said Scootaloo.

"Ya right", said Tom. Actually, Tom was going to say, "Hit me with your best shot", but he really didn't want to get sued by the person who wrote that song, so he decided to say, "Ya right". Anyways, they hammered at Tom for a while. It started to hurt after about an hour. Then, it burned after two. Tom was almost going to run home, or at least to wherever he could go, but he didn't because he knew that would be unwise. Finally, the CMC stopped after two more grueling hours. They didn't even apologize. They just started to head home. They were actually going to leave Tom in the dust, but Tom was still strong enough to stay with them, so he did.

They started to head back into the brush when a wild Mr. Timn appeared. Mr. Timn's, by the way, were notorious for annoying ponies to death (the younger ones anyways). This Mr. Timn could have had the three ponies in his clutches. He could have killed them by annoyance, and Tom could have sat back and watched it all. Tom considered it, but he also remembered what his great grandfather had told him years before. His great grandfather had once told Tom that, "Grandson you should never eat poison berries because they upset your stomach, and oh yeah, also we are rock kind known for our forgiveness, so always forgive as a rock and strive to protect and serve". Tom remembered that, but he also remembered all of the cruel things that the CMC had done to him. Tom had a choice to make. Tom the rock did, in fact, have a choice to make.