• Published 3rd Feb 2013
  • 1,640 Views, 48 Comments

Maybe what's..... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 13-15 to the Maybe series. Follow the main character thought his new adventures as he tries to understand and accept his life with Twilight.

  • ...
4
 48
 1,640

Maybe what's needed is us

Chapter 1 – Maybe what’s needed is us

“There you are; we got worried when you and Twilight didn’t meet us for dinner, but here you are sleeping.” He points to you as he walks to the other bed in the room, “You better get your rest you’re going to need it. Because you and me are going all over the place.”

You rub your head as you look at Spike, you feel really strange as you think to yourself, a sleep? I don’t even remember going into my room?...dumb hangover. “Hey Spike, you said dinner what time is it?”

Spike pulls his bed back to get into it, “Oh it’s pretty late, you missed a really cool firework show by the way.”

You continue to rub your head as you lay back down on the bed, “sounds cool, where is Twilight?”

Spike turns to face you from the other bed, “she’s in her room, you better not go in there Shining armor is pretty mad, she never went to talk to him today.”

You smirk at his comment; I don’t really care if he’s mad.

Spike yawns, “Well night dude.”

You nod your head as he rolls over. You close your eyes for a few minutes trying to go to sleep, but for some reason you can’t sleep.

You lay in the bed for the next few hours staring at the ceiling. When you start to feel sleep creeping onto you, you hear a sound you wish you didn’t hear, you look over to Spike in shock…oh crap he snoozes. You let out a loud sigh as you pull the pillows closer to your head. You fiddle with the bed for the next few minutes before you can’t take the sound anymore.

You quietly make your way to the door; you peer into the hallway, it’s almost completely black. You slowly close the door behind you and make your way to Twilight's room. You take one last look down the hallways before you slowly and quietly open the door.

But as you close it lets out a high pitched squeak, you shudder at the sound. The room behind you turns purple as you look to Twilight. She is sat up on the bed with her horn glowing, “You know you probably should not be in here, everypony is telling me Shining is very upset and if he found you…that would be really bad.”

You playfully look around the room as you walk over to the bed, “Well Spike snores louder than you.”

Twilight give a huff at your comment. You smile as you crawl into the open spot next to her.

She curls up next to you as you lay down; she gives a giggle as she moves closer, “At least I won’t be cold.”

You move your hoof around her as you pull her closer, “Goodnight.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mixture of red and orange that is swirled above feels peaceful as the sunsets. From this hill that you and Twilight have been resting on you can see all over Ponyville. The grass you still lay on is warm and is a nice change from the cool breezes that pass by. You look down to where Twilight’s head happily resting on you, her eyes are closed and she seems to be in a bliss filled rest. You at this moment have never felt so free. As you look over her colored main in the slowly fading light you think about how life is so simple here.

“Hey!”

You look to the call of the tomboyish voice that has just ruined your perfect little moment.

Twilight awakes from her relaxes position to face Rainbow, “hello Rainbow…what brings you by?”

Rainbow dash lands in front of the both of you, she looks to be out of breath which you know is completely unlike her but she still has her normal happy smile. Your body tightens up as she gets a little closer to you both.

She has her eyes fixed on you as she starts to talk in a happy voice, “I love you!” At the end of her sentence she throws herself at you with a rushed kiss.

As your lips lock hers you focus on Twilight's face, her mouth hangs ajar with shock and confusion as her soft purple eyes are begin to get a water film around them.

As Rainbow breaks her kiss you escape her grasp and reach your arms out to Twilight, “Twilight I can explain!”

You awake at this moment, with your scream still ringing on your head as it fades to the back of your mind. You turn to face Twilight, but you see an empty bed. You jerk your head up fast and begin searching the room for her, “Twilight!?”

She is stand towards the door not even a few feet from you, she giggles at you, “Are you ok?”

You rub your head with your hooves as your know your about to regret your next action, you lower your voice as you talk to her, “Twilight…I have to tell you something.”

She looks at you with a smile as she waits for you to continue. She is completely obvious to what you're about to say. You bite your lip as you debate with yourself on if you should tell her, but you eventually give into the idea that she will take it ok and you will feel alot better…now you just need to find the right words and carefully le- “I had sex with Rainbow dash!”

You clasp your hooves to your mouth as you stop your emotional call out.

Twilight’s happy smile quickly fades as she shifts where she stands, “wh…what?”

You try to correct yourself, “Twilight I mean.. I I was drunk and…”

Twilight moves her hoof to her mouth, “What?”

Your quick to correct yourself but as you continue your emotional state starts to push the conversation farther and farther from just a simple thing, “I mean the other day…I..we did something that…but don’t think it’s bad I could not stop thinking of you.” Right as you say this you smack your hoof to your head, WHAT the fuck are you saying brain!

Twilight’s voice is now a shaky yell as she calls to you, “Oh and that makes it better?!”

Twilight turns herself to the door and opens it. As she does in the doorway Rainbow dash stands, “Twilight we need to talk abou…” she looks past her to see your face.

Twilight looks back to you with tear filled eyes, “I…I…Don’t ever want to see you again.”

You swallow hard as you nod your head and look to the ground.

Twilight turns back to Rainbow, her mouth quivered but she can’t say anything as she pushes past her friend and gallops down the hallway.

You sit on the bed as you silently destroy yourself inside. You hold back all of your emotions as you way to the door. As you bring your head up to Rainbow dash you can’t bear to look at her in the eye, you push past her into the hall.

Rainbow’s tomboyish voice is low as she puts her hoof on you, “Are…are you ok.”

You continue down the hall in silence. You keep your head fixed on the ground as you hear the doors around you opening.

“HEY!”

The male voice behind you seems to be getting closer and the sound of hooves slamming on the ground is getting increasingly louder. You turn to face Shining armor as he pokes you with his hoof and yells, “What did you do.”

You grind your teeth a bit as you stare at him, when you finally talk it’s in a low voice, “I am jus-…”

Shining cuts you off before you can’t finish, “Just going to what walk away?! This is not over you hurt my little sister and if you think tha-“

You turn and walk away from him as he continues to yell at you.

“Hey I’m talking to you!” You feel a hoof grasp at you back. You swing you head back to him and at least you can’t hold back your emotions. A gust of green magic follows you and you throw him down the hallway.

Everypony around you gasps as he hits the ground and rubs his head. He looks at you in shock not knowing what to make of the earth pony doing magic. You tremble at what you just did, you breathing is hard as you look at everyone's face. You turn from them and gallop down the hall to get out of the castle, your mind is blank as you run but as you run you hear a faint laughing in the back of your mind.

End of chapter 1