• Published 3rd Feb 2013
  • 1,640 Views, 48 Comments

Maybe what's..... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 13-15 to the Maybe series. Follow the main character thought his new adventures as he tries to understand and accept his life with Twilight.

  • ...
4
 48
 1,640

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 – fun in chaos

You finally give yourself a chance to breathe only when you feel you are a far enough ways away from the castle. You stare at the ground as hundreds of thoughts rush your head, what was that! What am I doing! Where am I going!... you swallow a dry throat as you study the stone walk way. Your heart pounds as you rest for the moment, it beats your chest each beat is pain filled as you can’t get the thought of Twilight's face out of your head.

“Wait up!”

The tomboyish voice calls out from behind you.

You turn to see Rainbow dash flying towards you, you want to run but you’re too tired to.

She lands next to you and shows a look of concern on her face, “Listen I don’t know what that was but YOU can’t just leave?!”
You don’t feel angry towards her but you still don’t feel comfortable around her, “I’m going back to Ponyville…then I don’t know.”

The cyan pegasus wings stand out as she raises her voice to you, “You can’t just leave? When I first tried out for the wonderbolts and failed I wanted to quit but I didn't.” You just go…-“

“Rainbow! This is now some try out, I…I can’t do this anymore! Ever since I came her all that has happened to me is SHIT! I…I just want to go home!”

Rainbow flies in front of you as you try to walk away from her, “Well I’m not going to let you.”
You let out a single laugh as you walk around her. But as you try to go around her she just steps in front of you. “Stop!”

She lowers her head and jumps on you knocking you down, she stops her hoof on the ground next to your head as she scream at you, “NO! You’re not the only one who feels bad for what happened!” Her eyes shimmer as she talks, “Twilight is my friend and I will not let me be the reason for…for THIS!”

You look over her face and think, WHY…why do you have to tear up to! Can I not just leave?

Your mind is cut short as you hear two male voices yelling at you, “Stop right there!”

The two guard ponies stand around you both.

Rainbow waves her hoofs at them, “its ok he’s fine no ne...-“ her voice is muffled as the ponies slide a black sack over her face. Your vision is cut short as you feel one come over you.

You hear the sound of teleporting as you struggle to get the bag off your face. As you free yourself you look at what’s around you. The room is a small darkened room with bars around you…I’m in jail!? You focus on the guard ponies that stands outside of the cell, “All I want to do is leave!”

You hear a voice from behind you shout to the guards. “YA me too!”

The guards stare at you with a stern face, “You will wait for Shining armor.”

Your heart sinks at the name, oh great he’s probably still made about the magical bitch slap. As the two guard ponies leave you slump to the ground.

The pony to your right continue to talk, “Hey man…you want to buy some moondust?”

You look at the tweaking pony, well unicorn. He seems to be shivering as he fiddles with his hooves, his coat is red and there is a white film around his snout, the ponies’ hair is white and cyan and his hooves are a different color from his coat. You stare at him and smack your head against the bar, great I’m probably going to die from Shining armor and I’m stuck with a crackhead.

You hear the guards come back into the room this time you watch as they are dragging Rainbow dash to the cell next to you, as the drag her she is yelling at them, “What the hay is this? I’m Rainbow Dash ! You know one of the holders on the elements of harmony! Why am I in here?”

One of the guards looks to Rainbow, “You will be free to go in a minute, we are just waiting for Shining armor.”

The two guards leave and as they do you snap your head to Rainbow dash, and talk in a defeated voice, “…why?”

She looks at you in shock, “oh you think this is me?”

You blink your eyes at her, “yes, yes I do. You should have let me go!”

She lifts herself off the ground of the cell, “NO! I will not be the cause of my best friend losing somepony!”

You slump to the ground of the cell as you stare at her, “…I never blamed you.” You stare at the ground and watch as a tear rolls from your face to the stone slabs beneath you.

The pony to your right stares at you, “Hey.. are you ok bro?”

You shake your head to him.

He gets closer to you and whispers, “Did they get you for plot watching too?”

You squint at him in confusion, but before you could say anything you hear the sound of hooves outside of the cell.

You bring your head up to the white stallion and give him a smile.
He has a serious face as he talks, “You’re charged with hitting the royal guard”

You laugh a little at his comment, “So what’s that do I have to shine you hooves?”

Rainbow shakes her head at you comment but you don’t care.

Shining bring his face closer to you, “You have made Twilight upset…that’s something you don’t want to do.” “I can’t charge you with that but I will make sure you get something for it.”
You look down to the ground, “Well…you should.”

Shining's proud expression is slightly changed at your tone as you continue, “I promised her she would never get hurt…” you shallow back a sadness as you talk, “…But, yet I ended up breaking that promise.”

Before he can speak a guard bust into the room out of breath, “Sir! Some...something is attacking the castle!”

Shining looks to the ponies in surprise, “Where?”

The guard is panting as he talks, “The…The throne room.”

Shining gasps as he listens, “The Princess!” As he leaves the room Rainbow yells at him, “Hey let me out! If it’s bad you’re going to need the elements of harmony!” But he is out of the door before he can hear her.

You continue to stare at the ground.

Rainbow reaches through the bars and bats you in the head, “Snap out of it! Twilight will be there! And without me the elements are useless!”

“So, what do I do?”

Rainbow points to the unicorn to your right, “Teleport us out of here!”

The unicorn looks at Rainbow dash, “Sorry the guards put a spell that stops magic while I’m in here.”

Rainbow flaps her wings as she looks back to you, “The guards don’t know to do that to you! So go on do it.”

You think about it to yourself and then shrug her off, “The Princess will handle it.”

Rainbow’s voice cracks as she yells at you, “And what if something happens to Twilight?”

Your ear twitches at her name, “She will be fine.”

Rainbow lands back on the ground, “ I said I was sorry what do you want from me?”

You stare at her, “Like I said it wasn’t your fault.”

Rainbow sits down in her cell, “you’re not even going to try?”

You hear faint screams from outside, Rainbow looks at you with concerned face. Everything with common sense is telling you to stay inside and to try not meddle in these affairs. But there is a small voice in your mind still trying to convince you to help Rainbow with what she needs to do. You look at her for a few moments, her rainbow mane is slightly darkened by the dirt room you both currently reside in and she is staring towards the sounds outside. You mind now rest with your promise to Twilight… You stand up from the ground and with a big sigh look to Rainbow, “You gotta die of something.” You give a faint smile as you look at her, “Where to?”

Rainbow gives a big smile, “Nothing bad ever happens, and the throne room was where the guard said. Do you know where that is?”

You nod your head, god I hope this works…you concentrate on the thought of the throne room, the only time you were there you also most died from a fake Celestia. With that thought in mind you close your eyes as you hear the magic growing around you and Rainbow.

End of chapter 2