• Published 3rd Feb 2013
  • 1,640 Views, 48 Comments

Maybe what's..... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 13-15 to the Maybe series. Follow the main character thought his new adventures as he tries to understand and accept his life with Twilight.

  • ...
4
 48
 1,640

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

You have sat staring out the window silently since you left Ponyville, Twilight still beside you she has been having nice conversations with her friend the whole time. You on the other hand have had been sitting with a strange unsettling feeling ever since Ponyville became a small outline in the distance. Now as the train round a mountain curve the marble city comes into view, the white marble buildings still stand as a monument to how creative these ponies can be despite still being well animals. The first time you saw the city you were in awe of how it was built hanging over a cliff with such huge structures reaching up to the sky. You understand that these ponies are more like humans then you first thought but the sight of such engineering genius is still a hard thing to full understand. As the train passes through a cutout in the mountain your glimpse of the city is lost. You shift in your seat messing with your hooves as you listen in on the ponies’ conversations around you.

“OH! I cannot WAIT until we get there, I absolutely LOVE the city.” Rarity lies against the glass of the train making funny sounds as she moves her hooves around the glass.

Spike looks out the window and then back to you, “Oh dude just wait until you see where we’re going.” He points his claw to himself, “Like I said I know all the cool spots. What are you going to do Twilight?”

Twilight taps her hoof to her face, “well we need to stop by the castle befo-…”

Rarity peels herself from the glass and shift back to Twilight with a dramatic hoof motion, “Oh the castle, such sophistication, I just know this time in Canterlot will not be ruined.”

You feel the memories of Chrysalis creeping back into your mind, but you’re easily able to shoot them away as the obnoxious whistle to the train blows while you pull into the station.

Rarity flicks her mane as she stands, “No need to get my bags Spike, I’ll get a luggage stallion to bring them to my room.”

Rarity and Spike stand by the doors to the train, Rarity bounces a little as she stands for the door to slide open. You and Twilight stand next to them as you wait for the train pony to open the door.

The chocolate colored pony walks slowly to the door and gives a joke filled smile as he sees you for waiting near the door. “Now you four have fun here.”

As the doors slide open Rarity lets out a girlish squeal as she walks out into the train station. As you walk out onto the plate form your amused, the building in front of you looks so modern. You stare at the train station building, sure the castle is nice and big but seeing a building made up of nothing but glass is a nice change then the normal stone and hay buildings you have grown a custom to seeing. You also like seeing the clock in the middle of the building; it’s not like Ponyville doesn’t have clocks there just not abundant. You think to yourself now...wow I’m boring, am I really staring at and a appreciating a clock?

You quickly try to focuses on something else and of course get Rarity talking, “Oh we are going to the castle first right darling?” She bats her eyes at Twilight.

Twilight walks down the side of the train as she talks, “Of course, we have to make sure everypony knows we got here.”

As you follow Twilight out of the train station you start to get a little overwhelmed at the site of the city. The streets around you are a lot bigger than Ponyville’s, and the ponies that walk around these streets look a lot more…well unhappy.

You stay close to the group as you walk down the busy streets. Stallions and mares push through your group, you dodge the ponies as you do this. You continue to listen to Rarity as she exclaims how nice the city is. You look around the buildings; sure they are nicely put together with stone and colored materials with flowers or plants hanging from just about every building. But this place seems way more crowded then you remember. Although the candle light posts do look pretty cool…note to self, stop caring about the scenery!

After a few more minutes of walking through the city the castle starts to come into view, the stunning tallness of it still baffles you as you look up to see the top of one of the towers. It still looks like some kind of willy wonka creation to you with the ill-fitting buildings and towers around it.

The gates and drawbridge is something you never saw before…you snicker a little at the guard ponies that stand atop the walls, they still look like a guard from Oblivion. As you four walk into the gates they watch over you. At least this time you don’t think they see you as a threat, after all you are just a pony…for all they know.

As you walk through the gates the area seems more familiar, in front of you is the staircase of made of stone that leads onto the white and gold castle. At the top of the staircase you see a white stallion with a different helmet and wearing purple armor. The pony is talking to another stallion but as he look toward you for his serious face changes as he screams a name.

“Twily!”

Twilight happily yells Shining and runs towards the white stallion. She wraps her hooves around the stallion and hugs him, you look over the stallion trying to place him…but you have never seen him or heard of him before.

You think over what Twilight just yelled, Shining?

The stallion continues to hold Twilight as he talks, “The Princess just told me you were coming, I’m so happy to see you.”

Twilight smiles back at the stallion, “It’s been way far too long.” She again hugs the stallion. At this point you're starting to get a little annoyed at him as you think to yourself, who the hell is he?

The white stallion releases Twilight as he says hello to everyone else. He calls everyone by name but stops as he gets to you. “I’m sorry who are you?”

You say your name with an annoyed voice.

He smiles as he holds his hoof out to you, “I’m shining armor, captain of the royal guard. You must be the luggage stallion.”

You look at his hoof in disgusted as you put your hoof back on the ground, “No, I’m -….”

Twilight walks over to you and stands next to you, she nudges to you as she introduces you, “This is Shinning he is my brother.”

He holds his head up happily as he waits for her to continue.

She pauses for a moment as she looks back to you, “And shining…this is my special somepony.”

The stallions proud look fades as he looks at you in shook, “wh….what?!”

His shocked tone catches Twilight off guard as she tries to explain, “That…that might not have been the best way to introduce you to.” She rubs her hoof to her neck as he stares at you.

Rarity pushes Spike pass you both, “Ha ha, umm well meet you both in side…ta!”

Shining now has a stern face as he look back to Twilight, “You don’t even say anything till now?”
Twilight has an angry tone as she talks back, “Oh and my brother telling me he is getting married by a LETTER is ok?”

Shining hoofs to you, “This is MUCH different!”

You continue to follow the conversation back and forth with a sense of pride knowing you have pissed the captain of the guard off.

“…It’s not like we are getting married!”

You feel a little uncomfortable as you continue to listen to them go back and forth.

“…I’m your big brother I have a right to know what you do.”

Twilight mocks her brother’s tone as she talks, “Ohhh well I didn’t know my all powerful bother need to know.” She pulls you past him as she talks, “I would rather not talk about this now, I’ll see you later.”

You give a smile as you walk pass him.

End of chapter 2