• Published 3rd Feb 2013
  • 1,640 Views, 48 Comments

Maybe what's..... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 13-15 to the Maybe series. Follow the main character thought his new adventures as he tries to understand and accept his life with Twilight.

  • ...
4
 48
 1,640

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The small town’s streets are filled with ponies of all shapes sizes and color. Most of the ponies walking around you are couples, as the ponies pass by you they hardly notice you, which is a nice change but you guess a normal pony walking around is a lot different than a tall two legged thing towering over them. This usually sleepy town is filled with all sorts of vendors and stalls set up around the center of town, as you get closer towards the town hall building the air above you still filled with heart shaped balloons and the sounds of soft music playing from almost everywhere. “Wow they really go all out here.”

The feelings you get from all the happy couples around you along with the soft music help fill your mind as images of Twilight pass through it, the way her mane sparkles in the morning light, her laugh, her cute expressing she gets when she’s embarrassed.
Your mindless daydreaming is brought to an end as the sound of a loud squeaky toy bust next to your ear.

“Surprise!”

The ringing in your ear throws you off balance a bit so you stagger as you say hello, “HI Pinkie.”

Pinkie grabs hold of you with her hooves as she takes a deep breath, “Why are you all alonenoponywhoulsbeallaloneonHeartsandHoovesday! Do you like the decorations! Igottohelpsetitup do you like it do you doyoudoyou? Hey where is Twilight?” she pauses her onslaught of gibberish as she brings you closer to her and whispers. “Did you make her mad or sad or unhappy?!”

“um no-“

“It’s ok your friend Pinkie is here to help!” Pinkie drops her grip on you and turns to her cannon as she plunges her head inside of it. “mafuasjfjwjsgdz.”

You know Pinkie is weird but this is crazy…maybe I should shoot her from the cannon. You shake the thought out of your head as you talk, “What did you say Pinkie?”

Pinkie pulls her head from the blue cannon and begins shoving boxes of stuff and flowers into you satchel that dangles from your neck, “Here candy and flowers that should make her happy.” Pinkie gives you an overjoyed smile as she pushes you down the road. “Twilight’s satchel looks good on you, although I didn’t know you were into dressing like a mare.”

You plant your hooves firmly on the ground to stop her from pushing you back towards the tree house, “Pinkie, Twilight and I are fine…I am supposed to give Rainbow and Applejack there tickets to Canterlot.”

Pinkie lets out a big sigh as she ducks into your pouch and retrieves the boxes of candy she had stuffed in there a moment ago. “What a relief, Twilight would have NEVER gone for candy and flowers.” She looks over a yellow flower as she pulls it from your bag. She places the flower in your hair, “There you go now you look pretty.” She gives you a big grin as she walks away carrying the boxes.

You shake the flower out of your hair.

She turns to face you again, “Oh and Rainbow is at the track and Apple is at the catering stand.” She nods the direction with her head, “Happy Hearts and Hooves day!”

Catering stand? You look around the crowded mass that has formed around one side of the town square, ugh now I really do wish I had wings, would be superpony…. Now I just need a cape.

You push through the clutter mass of ponies as you poke your head towards the different stalls. Each time you push yourself to the front and it turns out to not be Applejack you have to slink back into the crowd again...not having money kind of makes things awkward as the pony always tries to sell you something.

As you get to the last cluster of ponies you slow make your way to the front, trying to not step on any tails and trying to not bash anyone with yours. This time however it pays off.

“Howdy partner, how’d you like to buy some of Ponyville’s finest apples?”

Cowgirl hat? Check, orange pony? Check, freckles and southern accent check. Only took seven tries.

“No, I’m good.” You fiddle with the pouch as you try to get the ticket out. After a few awkward silent moments you finally are able to hoof her the ticket, you’re proud of yourself for not dropping it to.
“Here you go Applejack.”

She cautiously takes the ticket from you, “beg your partner but do I know you?”

It just now dawns on you that you have not seen Applejack since well before you turn into…well a pony. You’re not really sure how to explain it to her; Twilight told everypony else so best way to start is the name you would guess.

She stares at you for a moment, “Come again?”

You repeat your name and her face is now riddled with confusion. “Did Twilight do this to you!?”

You shake your head, “Long story, but I have to go.”

You start your slow walk away from the stall but she follows you, “How can y’all be so calm not being well you anymore?”

You stare at her blankly for a few seconds, for the short time you have been a pony you have tried your hardest not to think about what you have become and how these changes are not really the easiest thing easy to cope with. You have been promising yourself you would one day sit down and really try to understand it…but there has been so much lately that you can’t.

You can only reply with a shaking of the head.

Applejack puts her hoof on you, “Are…are you ok?”

You didn’t notice it but you now feel it, the wet streak of a tear rolling down your face, you quickly rub the tear away. “Ya…I’m fine.”

Applejack continues to hold her worried expression as she talks, “Do you need me to get Twi or something?”

You shake your head again, “I need to give you and Rainbow your tickets so that Twilight and I can go on a date.” Wow that sentence made almost no sense, that’s the thought you have running you head as you look at Applejack.

She looks a bit confused as she nods her head, “Ok…well you want me to walk with you or something?”

“No…I’m fine.”

You walk past her towards the direction you think the track is in, “Thanks though.”

She watches you as you past her, “Well…hope you feel better sugarcube”

End of chapter 2