• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 8,712 Views, 1,356 Comments

The Winds of Change: Fog of War - AgentSnail



The Griffin war continues, and Dash and Jason are thrust back into action. But with new Griffin threats looming, will they be able to win the war with the same efficiency and skill as they did in the liberation of Canterlot

  • ...
44
 1,356
 8,712

PreviousChapters Next
Peace? Close Enough. Permanent? Probably not.

Peace? Close Enough. Permanent? Probably not.

"Jason. You alive?"

"Mrhf." Jason replied, shifting slightly amid the crinkle of leaves until his face landed on what he was sure was her chest. It was a stark contrast to the chills running through the rest of his body, something he never really had to deal with before. He was always the warm one.

"Can you say a word at least?" She asked, as a hoof grazed his cheek, clinking off what must have been chitin. "You're pretty cold."

So she'd caught on as well. He'd never felt this drowsy before, whether it was from the potion or his injuries. Maybe a little of both. His ribs still hurt as he breathed, and there wasn't an easy way to go in and get an enchanted wrap, considering all of his injuries matched the ones from yesterday. Eventually Jason found the strength to open his eyes, finding the shade of the bush they were in refreshing. It appeared to still be dark outside, but he would much rather be in the darkest place he could.

"You good?"

"Depends." He said back, almost falling asleep before he could complete the sentence. "How do I look?" He felt his hoof get lifted up more than he saw it, letting his head slump back against the ground as his vision blurred.

"Fill of holes, the usual. Some bumps where fingers used to be" She carefully rolled him over, audibly cringing when he groaned out his discomfort. "You've got some flesh on your back still, a few large patches at least. I think that's it though, you look pretty much like a changeling."

"So what then?" He breathed, blinking as he tried to stay awake.

"I dunno, I think we should get back to the house if you're up to it."

Jason sighed. "And Scoots?"

"Asleep on my back."

"You don't think you could carry me?" Jason asked. "Obviously I don't need to be this large."

"How small can you get?"

"Hold on." He said, taking a few long breaths before he shifted into a much smaller version of himself, probably a little smaller than Scoots was.

"I can do that." Dash said, sliding a giant hoof under his stomach gently. "You're so cute like this. My tiny changeling."

"Mrf." He murmured, feeling the warmth of Dash's fur a moment later.

"Just try not to fall off." She said with a chuckle as she lifted into the sky, sending the cool air over Jason's back.

Dash felt him drift off the rest of the way, his head gently flopping between her shoulders. She looked backwards at his face, the lines of stress and exhaustion showing through. He did look cute like that, so seemingly brittle and in need of protection, the complete opposite of his normal demeanor and stature. It was like the fact that he was even like that allowed a part of him to show through that she never really saw.

She hardly turned around in time to avoid a cloud, gently banking afterwards and checking her cargo. Still there, luckily. Finding things in the dark wasn't exactly her strong-suit. In any case, she landed a few minutes later, not wanting to go too fast and realize that she had misjudged the location of her house.

Dash made a bee-line for the kitchen and wiped her nose with a hoof, quickly salvaging a few daisies and some hay in a blob and wolfing it down. She'd had a lot of meat in the last day, it probably wasn't the best idea to have more. Scoots shifted on her back, mumbling out her name. It was too cute, the two creatures on her back; she was a little worried she'd watch them too long and forget to sleep herself. Dash walked past Evening, passed out on the couch again.

Not like there was much to do tomorrow, though. She was going to probably have a cold, and Jason was going to have to stay home with her, to keep up his guise of sickness. Whatever, a day to rest sounded good. When was the last time she'd even had a day where she could lay around and do nothing, minus weather team days before Jason arrived? Okay, dumb question. But still, she was getting a little giddy thinking about it.

Scoots had school tomorrow though, but that wasn't a big deal. Worst case scenario, Jason could just fly her down with her scooter. Or she could just fly herself, but she wanted somepony to see the kid off, it wasn't like she'd be a kid forever.

That made her a little depressed. Sure, she had at least five years left, and hopefully Scoots would never become as much of a teenager, considering she was still acting the way she was with no sign of changing. Like that meant anything. Oh well, that was a worry for another day. Ugh, she felt old.

Dash crested the stairs, peering into the darkness of Scootaloo's room. She opened her eyes more widely, barely missing a toy of some sort that she couldn't make out in the dark and tripping sideways before she could regain her balance. Jason must've rolled onto something painful as he groaned, making her fur stand on end before she realized the source.

"Secondary career as a Nightmare Night prop, I guess." She mumbled, chuckling to herself as she laid Scoots down, tucking her in. Dash looked around for a moment, grabbing the Soarin' plushie and placing it against the spread-eagle filly's chest. She must be pretty conked out, usually she snuggled right up to that thing. Dash went to adjust the stuffed animal, jumping as the filly wrapped her arms tightly around Dash's arm instead.

"Dammit." She murmured, sighing. Now if she just slid out her hoof...

The filly lifted out of the bed and Dash sighed again, starting to feel the fatigue herself. She shook Scoots slightly, checking that she was tightly connected, and flapped her wings. She went down the hallway to her room, tossing her saddlebag and carefully dropping the projector to the floor. She flapped her wings heavily and landed on the bed, amidst some difficulty.

Dash set Scoots down first, using her available arm to grab Jason and transfer him to the cloud as well, not that she had any difficulty with him like this. God damn, her chest felt tight when she looked at him, comfortably resting over her hoof. He rivaled how cute Scoots was, actually. What was funny was that he was just a smaller version of a changeling, and yet she was almost sure even her friends couldn't do more than let out an 'aww'.

The mare fell onto her side, pulling both the filly and Jason into her chest. She flipped the blanket over the three of them and sighed contentedly, trying to remember a time when she'd felt more at peace with her life. It'd probably be easier if she wasn't so tired, but for right now, she'd be calling this that moment. Dash held the other two closer, watching carefully to avoid squishing Jason's frame and causing him pain.

She smiled broadly, enjoying the moment. Hopefully these would happen more often. After all, she wouldn't mind a few experiences like this.

___________________________________________________________________

Dash awoke slowly as light flooded through her window, her thoughts quickly turning to the two in her arms once again. Not that she was surprised, they were most of what she cared about, all wrapped up into her arms. Jason was the first of the two to open his eyes, little blue marbles that looked confused almost from the moment they found her face.

"Why am I so small?" He asked, holding up a hoof.

"You did that so I could bring you up here, remember?" She asked, raising him gently.

"And you're loving every moment of this, huh?"

"You're just so cute! How much do you think I see of you being like this anymore?"

"As little as I can allow you to." He said with a smirk. "I have an image to keep up."

"Oh yeah? Well just promise me this, mister macho."

"I'm listening."

"Be like this more often, alright?"

"Yeah, okay."

"Huh? You're just going to do it?"

"Sure, I mean, you're going to be my wife. This isn't hard for me to do, really. I mean, it's a little worse than a normal transformation, but if I'm just going to sleep it off then there's no big deal. Plus, you're really soft like this. And I'm usually not the one to comment on things like that."

"No, you're not. Why is that?"

"Cuz all stuff that's even a little soft feels the same, pretty much. But I get to sink into you, kinda. It's weird. Can I get bigger now?"

"I guess." She chuckled, letting him down on the other side of Scoots. He took a deep breath, blinking before he was surrounded in the characteristic green flames. A moment later he was back to full size, and carefully shifted Scoots with a hoof.

"Scoots... you got school today." He said softly, laying back down beside her and Dash. He reached a hoof under the foal, holding her to his chest as he leaned over to kiss Dash, watching her meet him halfway. Jason closed his eyes, putting his free hoof behind her head to draw her closer.

Jason felt her sneeze before he reacted, as his mouth filled up with air. He pulled away, not sure if he should be disgusted or concerned.

"Sorry Jason, I didn't mean-"

"It's fine, you're sick anyway. I've just never been sneezed into before." He paused. "It's weird."

"Hopefully I didn't get you sick..." She mumbled.

"I'm probably going to get sick anyw-" He froze. "Hey, if-"

"Jason?" Scoots asked, reaching a hoof up to his cheek.

"Yeah?"

"I have to be in school soon."

"Oh yeah." He paused. "Remind me what I was talking about when I come back, Dash." She blew her nose and nodded, pulling the covers back over herself.

Jason hauled his daughter onto his back, trotting quickly down the stairs. Evening was missing from the couch, which hopefully meant she hadn't found trouble. He grabbed her scooter in his magic, picking up speed as he went through the door. The front yard ended and he found himself in open space, quickly transforming into Alternis as he unfurled his wings and dove. He really liked feathered wings, it was one of the few things he wished he could have for his regular body.

But then again, he'd never tried a partial transformation where he kept the things. He'd have to remember to try that when he got back up into the house. It didn't take long to get to the ground, as he landed behind a small bush.

"Don't you ever get scared that you won't slow down soon enough?" Scoots asked as she hopped off his back, moving to where he set down the scooter.

"Not really, I just know when to do stuff, I guess. Probably got more from Dash than just the wings."

"So how come we're out here?"

"I wanted to see you off as best I could. I don't want to be seen healthy, because that would mean Dash's story was wrong, and that would instill suspicion."

"Oh." She said. "Well, I'll see you after school, right?"

"I hope so." He paused. "At the very worst I'll just be home."

"Okay." She carefully balanced her vehicle against a tree and hugged one of his legs. "Love you."

"I love you too, Scoots." Jason replied, holding the hug for a moment before he let the foal go. "Now come on, you'll be late."

"I have way more time than I need." She replied with a smirk, accelerating down a dirt path.

"She's taking after her mother, I guess." Jason mumbled to himself, before he took off, returning back to the house.

_______________________________________________________________

"How're you feeling?" Jason asked as he walked back into his bedroom, catching Dash's eye.

"Like I'm sick." She replied, her frown wavering as he laid down and pulled her back into his chest. "So what was that thing you wanted to say?"

"I'll get to that." He replied. "But I've got something kinda bad to talk about first."

"How come?"

"We've got high risk jobs, and a big part of that is that we could die, alright?"

"I know, but-"

"I just want to know what to do with you if you do pass away, or if I do."

"You'll get buried, like everypony else."

"That's it? A lot of people get cremated and then there's lots of stuff to do from there."

"Alright... well I guess that just leaves where, right?" She asked. "I'd like it to be here in Ponyville."

"I don't care where, so long as it's next to you." He finished, nipping at an ear.

"Oh, so romantic." She chuckled. "So the not depressing thing?"

"Yeah. I know we aren't actually married, and maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself here, but would you want kids?"

"I- yeah, I mean, someday, but I don't even know if you can-"

"Listen, I know that maybe we can't have kids, and it fucking pisses me off. But here's where I started thinking, actually trying to get you pregnant isn't the only way we could know."

"How could you possibly figure out another way?"

"It's actually pretty simple." He said, chuckling. "You're sick with what I assume is basically the common cold. Specific viruses usually only go after one species. So basically, if I get sick with the same disease, I must be the same species, at some level. Any breed of a species is able to procreate with the rest of the species, and that means that we'd be compatible."

Dash stared for a few seconds at Jason's amused expression, turning away to blow her nose again. "If I'm able to get you sick, that means we can have children?"

"It should. Bet you'd never think you'd have to go through anything like this, huh?"

"No, I guess not." She was silent for a few moments before another sneeze rang out. Jason got up and she whined slightly. "Where're you going? I get cold without you."

"I'll be right back, I found something a while ago that could help." He left the room and Dash let her arms fall back to the bed, sniffling slightly. Jason returned a minute later with a bag, tossing her what looked like a piece of candy as he set down a small plastic disc case.

"What is it?" She asked, transferring it to her other hoof.

"It's a zinc tablet, it's supposed to get you over a cold faster."

"Why would I want this? I thought the object was to get you sick."

"Alright, well for later than?" He asked.

"Fine. After you're sick."

"I never thought I'd want to catch something." He replied, returning to his position behind her. "So if we can have kids, That'll have to be during your spring heat?"

"Or fall."

"What?"

"They say that in the last bunch of generations that some change happened, and occasionally ponies end up getting two heat weeks a year. It sucks, really. There's like, two other ponies around here that have the same problem."

"I guess you'd hate being human, females can get pregnant all year round. But then again, it's not like they get all... heated about it."

"You must get a lot of unwanted pregnancies over there."

"Depends how you look at it. I can kinda see you going insane alone and grabbing some poor guy." She blushed. "But then again, we have birth control, so..."

"I'm just going to skip over that..." Dash said with a laugh. "But I couldn't think of anything better than settling down and having a foal with you. I think Scoots wouldn't mind another little guy around here either."

"I love you."

"Shh, I have to get you sick." She replied, pushing her lips into his. "You know what a good way to do that is?"

"What?" Jason asked, figuring he already knew the answer.

"Sex."

"Of course." He replied, breaking into laughter. "Even when you're sick, huh?"

"Always." Dash said seriously, before her façade broke. "You're going to have to do most of the work though."

"Oh really? I dunno if it's worth it..."

"Fuck your shit." She said, pushing his face into hers none too gently.

________________________________________________________________________

"You realize this is the first time we haven't passed out afterwards?" Dash asked. "Or you, more specifically?"

"I usually do the work." Jason said, squeezing his arm around her shoulder as they stared at the ceiling. "At least the ribs are better, I didn't bump them too much, at least. Did you get that projector, or is it still at the bottom of that hill?"

"The box thing?" He nodded. "Yeah, it's over there, by the saddlebag."

"So when's The Running of the Leaves?"

"Tomorrow, I think."

"Aww, really?" He sighed. "I'm probably going to be sick."

"It's not like I won't be. Plus, the other ponies'll be hard pressed to beat us."

"There's Applejack, I guess. Tank and Morning, if they decide to compete." He paused. "Do you know if Tank's alright?"

"I heard Twilight say that he was improving, no signs of a coma. So that's good, everything seems pretty peaceful."

"I guess, we still need to deal with the soul magic and stuff though."

"Shh, I don't want to hear it right now." She said, putting a hoof over his mouth.

"Oh yeah, this reminds me." Jason hopped off the bed, stumbling slightly as he squared his footing. "I think..." He transformed into Alternis again, spreading his wings and turning them from gray to black. "That maybe if I..." Green flames surrounded him again as he shifted into his regular form. Jason turned and smiled, spreading the feathered wings that were almost as black as his chitin.

"I kinda liked your old wing- choo!" She yelled, trying to cover up her mouth with a hoof. "Lemme see." She hopped down as well, pulling one of the wings towards her carefully. "I've never known anypony with black wings before, I don't think. They're fitting, really." She paused. "But don't think you're doing this for me, I don't want you to look different on my behalf."

"I know, I just like that these let me fly fast, and I'm mostly the same otherwise. I'm amazed I didn't think of this sooner."

"Yeah, you and me both."

"Hey, you wanna go into town or something?"

"Aren't you supposed to be sick?"

"I'm a changeling, I can just say it passed. If they try to argue I can just make things up."

"God, there's something I just love about our life."

"It's just so different, right?"

"Besides all the other stuff, I guess." She replied with a chuckle, before she broke into a coughing fit.

"Do you want to go?" Jason asked, looking concerned.

"Yeah, pfft. It's a stupid virus, I'm stronger than a few microbes."

"Someday that's going to be your downfall. Oh, I'm stronger than a stupid country full of people that want to kill me."

"But, I apparently have intelligence." Dash said, leaning forward to kiss him on the nose. "And you're still not sick, I'm getting worried."

Jason laughed, pulling her arm around his neck and starting to move towards the door as he levitated the projector and his saddlebag behind himself, along with the case. "It's not immediate, and even if I did get sick, we wouldn't know for a while. Unless something changes for me, of course. But I may not, and that could mean something bad, or that I just haven't caught the disease. It's all a numbers game, just like everything else."

"Oh you, all math-y all the time."

He shrugged. "It's what I do."

"Oh yeah, when I'm not sick, and you're not, you still have to teach me magic."

"I know, Dash. But the thing about that is, it's through me. I don't have a problem letting you take the energy, it's yours after all, but I don't want you to become dependent on it if I end up... not being around forever."

"Come on, we're practically invincible."

"That's the pride I was talking about."

"It'd only be a problem if you didn't balance it out." She replied. Jason chuckled and opened a closet, pulling out a white sheet and throwing it over his shoulder as he turned back around. "So what's all this for?"

"Well, when I was home a while ago I realized that I still had this DVD, and I wanted to play it."

"And the sheet?"

"Let's get going, I'll tell you on the wing."

She giggled, her laugh somewhat hoarse. Heh. Punpunpunpunpunpunpunpunpun. "Fine, alright?" Dash hopped into the air, doing a quick circle around the ceiling before she ducked out the door. Jason spread his wings, admiring the black sheen for a moment before her pursued Dash. He caught up to what would be a fast pace for most pegasi, despite the fact that Dash was not only sick, but appearing to put very little effort into her flight.

"So what's it for?" She asked, sniffling mid sentence.

"I'm going to- Choo!"

"Hey, maybe you're sick!" Dash exclaimed excitedly.

"Alright, unless I get sick faster as a changeling, that was just a random sneeze. Anyway, this thing projects light onto a screen." He gestured to the floating projector and then the sheet. "So we get a big picture." Jason looked around, looking at the late afternoon sun. "It works better at night though."

"Heh, we can plan, huh?"

"We have drive, at least. That's what counts."

"Whatever you say, Jason."

____________________________________________________________________

Jason hopped off of the edge of the buggy, levitating his Xbox and several other things behind himself, including the buggy itself.

"So where're we going?" Dash asked, catching up at a trot.

"The park, probably. We need to hang the sheet from a couple branches, and make sure it's at least shaded. Then we break out the Xbox, and wait until it's dark for the movie."

"Ooh, it's been a while since we played any video games. How're you going to keep Evening away?"

"Probably just hope that she doesn't find out. I like the mare, but sometimes I want to play something two player. Those are always the best games. I think we have Borderlands in here, but for today..." He set everything down, levitating the sheet up and tying it to a couple branches. "I was thinking we play Halo."

"Hay-lo?"

"Dash, everything isn't a horse pun! The author hates those!"

"The who?"

"What?"

"Whatever, what's in this game."

"Uh, well basically..." He grabbed a wire and made sure it was stuck into the back of the projector before pushing it into the back of the Xbox, along with one that went to his amp. "There're these aliens, and several plot points. They all kinda have this religion, and one guy calls the shots, manipulating the soldiers at will. Uh, so he attacks humans for some reason, who have these super soldiers called Spartans. Some of the aliens change sides because they realize the Covenant--that's what the aliens are called--is full of shit."

"Is there more?"

"Yeah, like entire books. But just shoot the guys, I'll fill in stuff when you have questions. Not the humans though, those are your friends. The crosshair turns green."

"Ah." She paused, her ears perking. "Who's doing that moaning thing?"

"It's the music." Jason replied with a shrug.

"Oh yeah, alright. Those first couple notes were a little weird."

"Yeah. Heh." He started the game as Dash joined, scrunching her face up at the Elite that stared back.

"That's one of the aliens?"

"Yup. Shh, you'll miss something."

__________________________________________________________________

"So... they blew up their base."

"Yup."

"And that was worth it?"

"I dunno, maybe?"

"Wow, what's this?!" Pinkie yelled, poking at the sheet. "Ooh look, I can make shadows!"

"Pinkie I can't see my ammo!!" Dash yelled, gesturing for the mare to get out of the way.

"Wow, are those things aliens?!"

"Yeah, look out."

"Grenade." Jason said, as blue light exploded across the screen.

"Dammit, I'm dead. Get somewhere safe, hopefully where I can idle."

"Yeah, or I could pause." Jason responded, as the music and gunfire suddenly stopped.

"Can I watch this?" Pinkie asked, planting her ass on the ground before either of them responded. "I like the pretty flames and smoke."

"How about this?" He started, grabbing her attention from the immobile screen. "Why don't you grab some ponies, and tell them to come watch a movie here. Tell them it's like a moving picture, and that parents should be warned about some gore."

"Is there a limit on ponies? Can I grab everypony?"

"I guess, but I'm not sure how many of them will want to come if I'm putting it on."

Pinkie saluted with a serious look, her blue eyes hardening. "Yes sir!" She giggled for a moment, before she sprinted off towards town.

Dash fixed her bangs, blown to one side as Pinkie ran past. "I guess it should be interesting, I kinda want to see how it looks there, on Earth."

"You'll be disappointed, it was set in... Iraq? Anyway, that's in probably one of the most dangerous and least developed areas of the world. So even though it's from the US Army's point of view and you miss all the wife beating and murder in the native population, it's pretty clear that stuff isn't going well there."

"Well then." She said, as Jason looked away. "How can you get so mad just by talking about it?"

"Ugh." He sat down, going silent for a second. "A rather large chunk of the population is insane, compared to other places at least, and sometimes they even brainwash others to think the same way. That turns into an anti western sentiment, and so we become targets of morons that aren't above targeting completely innocent men, women and children that didn't even have a slim chance of being threats. And now, I've had people get angry at me for being patriotic and in favor of my own country, as if it's our fault that all these psychopaths hate us. We shouldn't have to think about the terrorists' side of the argument, they aren't as important as our own civilians anyway, and the idea that we blame ourselves first is just ridiculous. But that's what people think, and it sickens me."

"Jesus, we don't have to watch the thing..."

"No, I like it. It's one of the few pro-military movies I've seen set in recent years." He went silent again. "I wish I had this kind of power back there, that I could change the world I lived in for the vast majority of my life." Dash's arms went around his shoulders, and he sighed.

"I'm sorry, every time I think about living in your world forever seems too complicated."

"I'm not sure why you're sorry, it's not like I haven't gotten more than I deserved in the last few months. Or not, judging by how you judge injury." He passed her the controller, grabbing back up his own. "Come on, I don't want to talk about this shit anymore, I just get annoyed that I can't help. It's probably how Ben felt before he joined the military."

"Yeah, I guess. I wish I could empathize more, Jason, but I can hardly get emotional when all I know is that they're bad guys. That's why I'm sorry." Jason's hoof brushed her brow, and she looked upwards at him.

"As if you have to be sorry for anything." He said, leaning in to kiss her lightly. "You're way more of a mare than I could have imagined, the fact that you don't know about a place you've never visited doesn't even make a blip on the radar."

"It'd probably mean more if I knew what radar was, but I'll take it as something romantic." Dash replied, making Jason chuckle as she leaned back in.

__________________________________________________________________

"I didn't really expect this many ponies." Jason said as he towed over a cloud, setting it a few feet above the ground with the projector.

"Pfft, I think you're more well liked then you thought."

"Well, whatever." Jason replied. "It's still surprising." He turned and walked towards the screen.

"Where are you going?" Dash asked, raising her voice to reach across the extra distance.

"I have to explain what they're about to see."

"Try not to turn red." She joked with a giggle, walking over to give him a quick kiss.

"I'm not in a bad mood, really. I don't think I'm going to get mad again."

"So long as you explain it to me as well, we won't have a problem."

"Will do." Jason replied, before he jumped into the air and glided to the screen.

"So, you're all about to see a movie, called The Hurt Locker. I'm going to have to explain the premise, since I'm sure you're all going to be lost otherwise. Basically, everyone on screen is human, because that's the species that made the film. Let's see, it's set in a war that's going on between the US Army and terrorists, who are intermixed into the population. That makes it hard to pick out the bad guys. The movie follows one squad that defuses bombs, something the terrorists use to kill people. There is some gore, so children might want to leave, or whatever."

Jason started to walk to the side of the screen, swearing under his breath as a familiar pressure appeared in his head. "Not now..." He whispered, speeding into a trot for a moment before he inevitably collapsed, holding his head between his hooves and trying to make himself appear as if he'd tripped. Something mundane like that.

What? No dialogue? He asked, feeling the pressure lift ever so slightly.

You're running out of time, you know. It's not like you can fight an invisible threat. And with that she was gone. Jason's eyes filled with ponies as he re-opened them, standing around and not sure what to do.

"You okay?" Lyra asked, pulling him to his feet as Dash pushed her way through next to him.

"Yeah, sure. I'll just start the thing." He finished, flying up to the cloud in short order and beginning the opening credits. He watched the movie for a moment, mumbling a hello to Rumble, Scoots and Evening as the cloud filled up, staring into space more than paying attention.

"What's wrong with Jason?" Scoots asked Dash, whispering into the mare's ear.

"I think he's just homesick."

"But doesn't he live up there?" The filly asked, pointing to their cloud house.

"Yeah, but he used to be... back there. And I think he just misses everything it has to offer." She finished, hearing him sneeze and shift slightly. "I wish there was something I could do, but it's not like I can really bring everything he used to know over here. And as much as he didn't like fighting, I'm sure it kept his mind off of things."

She walked over and laid down next to Jason, staring at his features. God dammit, she was feeling useless again. And yet, she had a room full of human stuff, and a working knowledge of how Jason lived. Maybe she could do something to make him feel better, to ease the annoyance of being forced from his life and kept away. She knew he said things were better, and she knew he loved her, but it wasn't as if she knew how to bring his friends over, at the very least.

That's no place to give up, she thought to herself. She had some magic, a brain and power. She could at least try.

Author's Note:

I'm going to be slowing the updates here for a while. I want to work on other things, and it's not like I'm getting that large of a response from this anyway. That's not a particularly huge deal to me, although it can be pretty annoying. I don't really want to put in however many hours into this story to never even get featured. I'm not going to stop writing, I can assure you of that much. That would be cruel, to just end this in the middle. But yeah, stuff will just slow down. At the very worst once a week.

Above was what I wrote when I thought I would have time in the first place. I don't, so the reason's just different. This story takes priority.

The next story will come out in August, because that's when I'll get back from another thing I have going on. Hopefully all of you will enjoy that, I've learned a lot over the last four to six months, and I'm sure that my next story will be better. I'm going to give a little away and say that it's not HiE. I have plans for more of those, but I really don't want to publish two in a row, especially if they have any similarities.

PreviousChapters Next