• Published 28th Jan 2013
  • 15,614 Views, 512 Comments

I guess it could be worse... - Mekapix



New worlds are just a thing of fantasy. That's what we have been told since our birth, that reality is only what we can see, hear, taste, feel and smell. Could anyone handle it if that golden rule was broken?

  • ...
44
 512
 15,614

Chapter 2

“You think we're what now?” Josh asked. “How do you get to that from this?!”

“Well ok, maybe not dying. Unconscious perhaps.” Same replied. Josh just gave him a raised eyebrow and Sam continued his explanation. “Think about it, we were in an earthquake at home one moment, now we are in a weird country town and just outside our door are two walking phallus jokes, a rather rude angel, another angel that looks like we are going to just explode at any second, a tall female embodiment of a sugar rush and a cowgirl that has enough strength in and accidental kick that, if we aren't careful, could easily perform a rather unfamiliar yet painful version of the nutcracker. I assume we got ourselves knocked out during the earthquake and we are actually dreaming right now.” Josh couldn't help seeing his point when he put it like that.

“So we just need to wake up?” Josh asked, getting a nod from Sam. “But how do we know which one of us is dreaming?”

“I suppose we do the old reliable pain trick but we need to try it when the other isn't expecting it or we might just imagine there being pain when there isn't.” Sam replied. He looked back at the door and put a hand to his chin in thought. Josh sighed a little before spying the frying pan he dropped on the floor a few moments ago.

XXX

“W-What were they?” The yellow pegasus asked.

“I'm not sure Fluttershy, they may have been some kind of large, intelligent, hairless monkey. It's amazing that they can talk, this is a real breakthrough for evolution.” The one that introduced herself as Twilight Sparkle explained. “We have to talk to them again.”

“I'm not sure about that darling, it seemed pretty rude of them to just shut the door in our faces.” The white furred unicorn retorted.

“I'm sure they were just as confused as we are Rarity.” Twilight replied. “Applejack, Rainbow Dash, what do you two think?”

“Ah dunno what to think Twi', I guess I agree with yah.” The cowgirl replied.

“As long as they don't try to hurt anypony then I don't mind, I think we should keep a close eye on them for now.” The blue pegasus replied.

“I agree with Twilight and I think we should start with a party for them! If they're new here then we should make them feel all homey and nothing makes you feel more homey than a party at home, I should get started right away!” The pink one of them exclaimed. Her plans were cut short however when she felt a hand grab her by the back of her top.

“No Pinkie.” Applejack stated. “We should make sure they are friendly before we try anything.” Pinkie nodded solemnly. Twilight looked back at the door and smiled a little bit.

“I can't wait, I bet they have such an amazing wealth of knowledge to share.” Twilight said hopefully. She was quickly pulled out of her mood when they all heard a clanging sound followed by a loud yelp coming from behind the door.

XXX

“Damn it that hurt!” Sam growled as he held the back of his head. He turned round and glared at Josh. “What the hell did you do that for?!”

“Well you said that it had to be done when we wasn't expecting it and well... you wasn't expecting it.” He replied.

“Fine, my turn.” Sam grabbed hold of the frying pan from Josh's hand and his friend braced himself. Josh only felt a light tap on his forehead.

“It might be my dream as that didn't really hu-” Then Sam brought the pan down harder on the top of Josh's head, causing him to yelp in pain. “What the hell?! Why did you do it twice?”

“Well you agreed we had to do it when you wasn't expecting it and you wasn't expecting it twice.” Sam replied in a teasing tone. Josh looked up at him with a frown before sighing.

“Ok, you made your point.” Josh released his head from his grasp. “So if you got hurt and I got hurt, what are we going to do?”

“Are you two ok in there?” Twilight's voice asked through the door.

“Yeah, we're ok. Just give us a minute please.” Sam replied. He then turned his attention back to Josh. “I have no idea, I still find it for this to be reality. I guess we must just be in such a bad state of unconsciousness that we can't wake up like we normally would from a dream.” Josh just tilted his head.

“Are you sure about that? You kinda sound like you're pulling this out of your arse...” He replied.

“Granted, I'm not a doctor and I'm figuring this out based on films true but you're a engineer and I'm a builder, we have no medical knowledge between us and if you have any better ideas then please, go right ahead.” Sam retorted. Josh opened his mouth to raise his opinion but could come up with nothing better. With a defeated sigh, he hung his head.

“Alright, so what do we do?” He asked.

“I suggest we find out where we are as well as who and what our guests are.” Josh nodded and walked towards the door. He opened it to find the six visitors staring at them.

“I'm sorry if this sounds like an odd question but where are we and what are you?” Josh asked. Twilight stepped forward with a smile.

“You are just outside Ponyville in Equestria and we are ponies of course. Now can I ask yo-” The door slammed shut in her face again, leaving her standing there, slightly bewildered.

“Ok, never heard of the town or country before but... did she say they were ponies...?” Josh quizzed.

“I think so... they just look like weird, deformed humans... with coloured skin.”

“No it's not skin, when I shook her hand it was all... fuzzy. Like hair or fur... Ponies have fur don't they?” Sam nodded and Josh opened the door again, taking another look at their guests.

“Hello again, now as I was saying, we'd like to ask abo-” She was cut off as the door shut yet again.

“They have tails dude... Actual, horse-like tails and I think they have hooves for feet.” Josh stated. Sam looked at him with a confused look before opening the door to take a look for himself, the six did indeed have tails. The tails matched their hair and the bases of their feet did look like hooves, he couldn't be a hundred percent sure so he decided to ask instead.

“Are those hooves?” He asked, pointing down to the bottom of her legs.

“What? Yes they are now can you stop closing th-” Twilight was cut off again as Sam shut the door, her annoyance rising rather high.

“You're right. They were hooves.” They were about to ask even more questions to each other when three load knocks hit the door.

“Will you two please stop that and get out here so we can PEACEFULLY WELCOME YOU TO PONYVILLE!” She screamed. The two boys gulped and opened the door, this was clearly not someone they wanted to piss off. Slowly, they opened the door to face a rather unhappy looking Twilight.

“Very sorry Miss Sparkle but it's just that... We are very confused and needed to figure a few things out.” Sam stated as he and Josh came out of the house. Twilight took a deep breath and nodded.

“Very well but now I have your attention, I would like to ask you what you are and where you came from but first thing's first. Allow us to introduce ourselves.” She said. She looked back to her friends and nudged her head towards the two boys. The white 'pony' was the first to come forward.

“My name is Rarity and I'm the seamstress of Ponyville, it's very nice to meet you both.” She said as she gave a small curtsey. Sam gave a small nod whereas Josh bowed in response.

“It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Rarity.” He said. Rarity smiled and nodded before moving away for the next of the group. The next one to approach was the flying blue one with rainbowhair and a matching tail.

“I'm Rainbow Dash, fastest flyer in all of Equestria and don't forget it. I also got my eye on you two so don't try anything.” She stated. They both blinked at her.

“We...won't?” Sam replied. Rainbow just nodded.

“You better not.” She said before moving out of the way. The next one to approach them was the cowgirl, right behind her was they yellow one in the long green dress.

“Nice to meet ya'll, mah name Applejack.” She said as she held out her hand. The boys shook her hand one at a time before looking at the pink hair hiding behind her.

“And what's your name?” Josh asked.

“M-My name i-is Fluttershy...” She whispered. Josh frowned a little and stuck out his hand for a handshake.

“I promise we aren't going to hurt you miss. We just want to know your name.” He said. The shy pony gulped and came out from behind her friend and took a breath.

“M-My name is Fluttershy.” She said as she carefully took Josh's hand and shook, receiving a small smile from him. She followed suit with Sam and they both stood away, allowing for the last of the group to come forward. The two boys looked around and couldn't see her anywhere, so it didn't come as a surprise when they both made an 'eep' sound when the giggly pink pony jumped up from behind them.

“Hi I'm Pinkie Pie and it's really nice to meet you. So when do you want your welcome party to be and where? I would suggest in your house but I don't think I could even fit half of Ponyville in there, the library is a nice place too but when we threw Twilight's party there she got a bit upset, there's also Sugarcube Corner which is where I work oh but then again the party might wake up the babies and II doubt that will end well, we could use Applejack's ba-” She was cut off as Twilight put her hand over her pink friends mouth but that didn't stop her from talking even though not a word could be understood.

“Sorry about that, Pinkie means well but she doesn't have much of a limit.” Twilight explained. Sam smiled and Josh chuckled.

“That's fine.” Sam started. “ I suppose it's our turn to explain ourselves...” Sam started to explain about being humans and where they came from, he then mentioned the earthquakes and how they discovered they were in the ponies town just afterwards.

“That sounds the most unbelievable story I've ever heard.” Rainbow Dash said. “You expect us to believe your house just disappeared from your world and appeared here?”

“Was this house here yesterday?” Josh asked, jamming out a thumb to point behind him.

“Well...no” Rainbow replied.

“And is it here right now?”

“Well yeah but-”

“Nope. No buts. Your argument is invalid!” Josh said as he crossed his arms. Twilight put a hand to her chin and paused in thought.

“Princess Celestia will want to hear about this, can you two come back to the library so I can send a message to her?” Twilight asked. The two looked at each other and nodded.

“Sure, just let me grab my keys so I can lock the door.” Sam said as he walked inside the house. Josh just waited before noticing the six in front of him staring at him, as if he was in a zoo.

“You really know how to make somebody feel uncomfortable, you know that?” He asked. They blushed a little and a few throats were cleared.

“Sorry bout that, it's just that we never seen summin' like yah before.” Applejack replied.

“Can't argue with that. So we are going to see the Princess? How do you know her?”

“Well Twi' here is the Princesses favourite student.” Applejack stated, ushering a blush from Twilight.

“Really what does she teach you?” Josh asked as Sam came out of the house, locking the door behind him.

“She teaches me magic.” She said like it was the easiest question in the world. Josh cocked his head and Sam turned round with a raised eyebrow.

“Magic? Like rabbits out of a hat or something?” Sam asked. Twilight laughed in response.

“Of course not, like this.” Twilight said. She held out her hand towards a nearby rock and both her horn and her hand started glowing with a violet hue. The rock became surrounded in the same hue and began to lift off of the ground, it hot towards Twilight's hand and she caught it before presenting it to the two. They just stared at the rock in disbelief.

“Telekinesis... Wow...” Sam said.

“Don't you have magic where you come from?” Twilight asked.

“No... Well yes, but it's only slight of hand and optical illusions mostly.” Josh answered. Twilight dropped the rock to the ground and span round, starting to walk towards the town.

“Come on then boys, we need to let the Princess know that you're here.”

XXX

It wasn't a long journey to the library but it definitely was a strange one. Many of the towns residents stopped and gawked at the two, whispering to one another about the guests to their town. Both of the boys felt rather uncomfortable from all the looks and did their best not to stare back. They eventually reached a large tree with windows, a door and they could just see a balcony near the top of the house. Twilight opened the door and stepped inside, followed by her friends as well as Josh and Sam. The two had been relieved to get away from all the staring and looked round the tree, shelves upon shelves upon shelves of books but then again, Twilight said it was a library so it didn't come as much as a surprise.

“Is that you Twilight?” A young, male sounding voice called out. “Did you find out what that thing on the edge of town was?” A door under the stairs opened up to reveal a bipedal scaled thing. Assuming it was a he by the voice, he was wearing a lime green T-shirt and blue jeans. Most of his face was purple except for the front of his neck and under his chin which seemed to be spring green, he had spines coming from his head and flowing down his back but the most interesting part must have been his tail that matched the scales of his body. Whatever it was just stared at the two boys while the two boys stared back, after a few moments Josh leaned towards Sam and whispered in his ear.

“Hey... When did Dr. Connors and Spyro have a baby?” He asked. Sam let out an amused snort as Twilight made her way over to the lizardman.

“Spike, this is Josh and Sam. The object that appeared outside of town was their house.” She explained. Spike looked over at the two, Sam was smiling and gave a small nod while Josh waved.

“Nice to meet you Spike.” Josh said as he held out his hand, Spike to the hand with his claw and shook, he then did the same for Sam.

“Nice to meet you guys too... What are you?”

“We're humans, what are you?” Sam replied.

“I'm a teenage dragon.” He replied. Sam felt his jaw drop a little while Josh had a wide grin on his face.

“Dragon? You said dra- Sam he said dragon- you said dragon!” Josh squeeled. “Can you breathe fire?” Spike nodded and blew a small plume of an emerald flame. Josh squeeled again.

“Don't worry about him, he's always liked dragons.” Sam said.

“Except Kalameet.” Josh mumbled under his breath.

“Spike, can you get a letter to the Princess?” Spike nodded and walked over to a table in the middle of the room, grabbing a quill and some paper.

“Dear Princess Celestia. We found out that the the strange happenings was a house with two beings inside. They refer to themselves as humans and their names are Josh and Sam. They seem to be very friendly but none of us know how the two of them or their house got here. We would appreciate it if you could give us your advice on how to approach the situation. Your student, Twilight Sparkle.” She nodded to the dragon and he rolled up the note before blowing it away in a green flame, it disappeared into a green mist and the mist flew out the window.

Many questions rolled through the boys minds. Did he just transport the letter by burning it? Where did that mist go? What is the Princess like? Why couldn't Twilight write her own damn letter? Those were only a few questions. Josh decided to break the silence.

“So you keep talking about your Princess. What about your king and queen?”

“We don't have a king or queen. They passed away over three thousand years ago.” Twilight explained.

“Three thousand years?! And you're the student of her daughter?” Twilight just nodded in response. “How old is your Princess?”

“Records say she's over five thousand years old.”

'Damn!' Josh thought. 'She's probably more wrinkled than the Queen after a 5 hour long bath.' Spike suddenly let out a belch, a scroll flying out of his mouth and being caught by Twilight. Sam and Josh stared at the dragon in awe a little.

“Dude, did we eat any magic mushrooms without knowing it because I swear we are either deeply unconscious or we're on the world weirdest acid trip.” Sam stated. Josh just nodded along.

“Well then, it appears the Princess wants to meet you two though I expected that she would. There should be a carriage here momentarily.” Twilight stated as she looked over the letter.

“Alright then, well Twilight Sparkle and company...” Josh started. “Take us to your leader!” He smiled and leant towards Sam. “I've always wanted to say that.”